SEGA has begun location testing Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown cabinets, and videos have been surfacing on Youtube and Nicovideo. Check out the great Taka-Arashi vs Jacky match above! You can see some new gameplay additions as well as costumes and items (it took me a while to realise it was actually Jacky in the gold!).
Sega has also announced that the game will utilise Twitter in an arcade gaming first!
Hit the jump for some more info, vids as well as some notes on the location tests.
VirtuaFighter.com has compiled an amazing list of videos to browse from the location tests, check them out here.
Some notes on the gameplay changes from Virtua Fighter expert Reno (Taken from VFDC Forums)
- If you are hit during a failed evade, it’s a Counter Hit
However, if you are successful with your evade, you move to the opponent’s SIDE. Huge risk/return here, as they were proclaiming. However, you apparently can still evade if your attack is evaded.
- Low full circular attacks are now stopped if they are blocked.
- 0 frame throws, AND throw clash has been eliminated. It is now much closer to the VF4 system, apparently.
- Backdash has been MUCH improved, however… if you are hit DURING a backdash, you will be knocked on your ass and you will be at a huge disadvantage.
- When you land from a jump, you are considered crouching
- Stomach Crumple = No longer open to low throws, and standing punch will not float you properly.
- Goh’s stage’s wall crumble after one blast
- Low throws have changed to 1_2_3 and 33_P+G. Yes, P+G. I have no idea how this will work.
All standing throws are will now always end with either forwards, down or back + Punch + Guard. To counter a throw you will need to hit the right direction + Punch + Guard to break it. Narrowing all throw escapes to three possible directions will make it much easier to predict a throw correctly and break out of it. Low throws (Throws that connect with crouching opponents) will be the only ones that use the down+forward or down+back diagonals.
In other news, Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will take a massive step in arcade gaming by utilising Twitter! That’s right, when you reach certain milestones in VF5: FS, you can link the machine to your Twitter account to let everyone know that you just graduated to 3rd Dan, have been undefeated for 5 matches in a row or finally unlocked that funky jacket for Wolf!
Here’s an example of what would show up:
“DK’s Lau has just been promoted to 5th Dan at Club Sega Shinjuku West Exit #VF5FS”
[Source: Versus City]