SEGAbits logo

Featured Articles

Shinobi 3DS scans from latest Nintendo Power

Posted by Aki-at on May 25th, 2011

The other game revealed in the latest issue of Nintendo Power, SEGA’s Shinobi, seems to be a 2.5D adventure with what seems to be a completely redesigned Joe Musashi, although mentioned in the article itself is that SEGA refused to give him a name so it still could be a new character. Either way, it’s obvious that the design is very much inspired from Joe’s Shinobi 3: Return of the Ninja Master outfit. One final thing mentioned is that the game seems set for a September release date according to the article. Read on to see the full scan.

[Source: Aerosol and Effexor of Sonic Retro, thanks!]

Comments:

• Gagaman says:

Call me cautiously optimistic. Sounds promising in the fact that it's 2.5D and has throwbacks to the old games so it seems. Look forward to some footage of gameplay.

• UrameshiBR says:

Sega, don't mess this one like they did on GBA!

• cube_b3 says:

Not looking extremely exciting.

The graphics are not impressive.

I wish it was true 2D or True 3D right now it looks like a PS1 game.

Gameplay sounds passable.

• George says:

Game looks like your average 3DS game. So what? Graphics don't make a game. As for being 3D? No. Thank you. 2.5D is a nice way of getting a bit of both (See NiGHTS)

• cube_b3 says:

2.5D is no excuse for bad 3D graphics.

• George says:

This is on 3DS, you know? Can you point at a better looking 3DS game? The character models look good, the back ground not so much.

Again, I didn't say 2.5D makes it OK for a game to have bad graphics.

• Sharky says:

As I said on the forum,

To me this looks/sounds totally awesome.

-Design is totally enspired by Joe Musashi from Shinobi 3 + scarf and stance of Shinobi ps2… if it isn't him I'll be shocked.

-Shurken mini game from Shinobi Arcade!

-I see Shinobi 3 horse battle (screen)

-I see awesome Shinobi 3 level 1 cave boss (screen)

-I read awesome boss battles like Cyborg shark…

-Read about platforming, (climbing water fall on falling logs!)

-After Burner cameo… Always a good thing!

• CosmicCastaway says:

This looks excellent to say the least. :D

• Sega Uranus says:

This actually sounds a lot like what I wanted from a new Shinobi. I am kind of surprised.

Too bad about the whole 3DS thing though.

• Sharky says:

Yeah if this was on a HD console with the same details I'd be a ton more excited.

Mainly because I just don't buy handhelds… I live on a small island and rarely travel more then an hour to get anywhere. I've just no use for them…

A HD Shinobi would be a freaking blinder…

• segaismysavior says:

Love the style, and while I wasn't blown away immediately by the texture and polygon details, I suddenly noticed how Dreamcast-quality they appear. I think this might be decent, though I'm sure it'll get average/bad reviews cause critics don't have fun playing games anymore.

• TaroYamada says:

Looks good to me, color me hopeful.

• Supa says:

Sharky, according to the press release, the character is Jiro Musashi, Joe's father.