Just like its Playstation 3 big brother, the Playstation Vita port coming around the launch of the new handheld, will have exclusive content. Here is a trailer showing it off and some details.
- Touch Controls: Consoles had motion, this version has touch. Regular and touch controls will always be on together, so you can use both at the same time.
- Touch Vs. Mode: A top down versus match against another player, played on a single Vita system.
- VR Match Mode: Virtual Reality or ‘First Person’ view tennis will use the Vita’s gyroscopes for movements.
- Rock The Boat minigame: Test your skill as you hit targets on a rocking boat.
- Camera (augmented reality): Details on how SEGA will use augmented reality have not been detailed. But we do see the cameras at work in the create a character, with ‘face scanning’. Nice.
So if you haven’t picked up Virtua Tennis 4 on consoles, this might be one of the best options. Though, I don’t know how much I will use touch controls myself.
One response to “Virtua Tennis on Playstation Vita has exclusive content”
SEGA!! Leave it to the legends to make a cool tennis GAME, and not just a SIM. I really have little interest in a tennis SIM. I’ve played in the past, nothing that I need an annual upgrade for. But some of these features look xcellent. The 1st person mode is ridiculously cool. Worth the price of admission.