We are back again for another week of SEGA talk. This week we have George, Sharky and Aki-at talking about Jet Set Radio, Binary Talk and some dark weird talk that is going to freak you out. You know what to expect. Tune in and tell us what you think! Hit the jump for the episode outline.
[Download] [Archive] [iTunes]
-What Have We Been Doing?
-What We Have Been Playing?
– Rumor: Seaman being revived and coming to 3DS
– Virtua Tennis 4 on VITA comes out. Worth the entry?
– Grin, Bionic Commando developer, was working on a Streets of Rage remake. Screens and art finally surface. What do you think?
– SEGA teaming up with Capcom and Namco to develop a 3DS game. Good or bad? What do you want to see?
– Sonic Heroes stinks up the European PSN. What other SEGA games do you want to see re-released on PSN?
– Jet Set Radio coming to PSN/XBLA. Good or bad?
– Sonic 4 Ep2 gets a gameplay trailer. What do you think?
=== Binary Domain/Robot talk ===
– Binary Domain debuts #2 in Japan… for PS3. 360 didn’t chart. Good or bad?
– Does Binary Domain really need the voice control option? How well did it work for you?
– Who is your favorite character from Binary Domain so far?
– Do you think that the comparasion to Gears of War is unfair? What game would you compare Binary Domain to?
– What is your favorite SEGA robotic character? Why?
– If you had to choose two films that remind you of the premise of Binary Domain, which would they be?
– Who would win: Robots vs. Zombies
=== Saying Good Night===Ad:
13 responses to “Swingin’ Report Show #28: Binary Gibberish”
I think it got cut off prematurely. Didn’t hear anything past JSR, Twitter, and Justin Bieber.
It looks like only 40 minutes got uploaded, it cuts off for me too.
I like when you talk about me.
Whenever Barry’s not on a podcast, all the other hosts should be asking ‘Where’s Barry?’
Its fixed. Sorry about that.
Wait now Aki agrees with me about Sega America/Europe not marketing the game enough!? When’d that happen, lol?
Only after October! They were doing very well until they thought shiiiiit Sonic Generations is coming out, drop all marketing on other titles and promoted Sonic!11!! and then rinse and repeat for Sonic 4 Episode 2.
This podcast was so enjoyable. At first i was :/ because Barry the Nomad is ausent, but Aki is fantastic too. Im gonna listen this one a lot of times. Thanks, SEGABits !
How is anyone going to ever know who I am if one min I’m called ‘Ryan’ and the next I’m ‘Sharky’
Hey! I opened iTunes and this episode and last weeks started downloading! Looks like we’re back on iTunes!
“Only after October! They were doing very well until they thought shiiiiit Sonic Generations is coming out, drop all marketing on other titles and promoted Sonic!11!! and then rinse and repeat for Sonic 4 Episode 2.”
Hahahaha I see, I guess, but I always knew the marketing would wind up this way, that was what I was complaining about. :] Games that are to be treated as killer aps are treated that way throughout their development, not just at the tail end. I knew a strong marketing push was unlikely just given what I was seeing throughout the year.
It’s kinda weird though because like last month I began seeing a bunch of internet ads for the game, not as much now.
You all get 72 virgins for the job well done on this podcast.
Crazy thing about BD: here in western, we have the “Where is Shenmue 3?” and now, in the Japan, is starting the “Where is RGG?” lol. Some crazy fans at Nagoshi blog, saying “yeah, great, Binary Domain, but where is Yakuza 5?”. Lol.
great podcast as always
Uhh well im still skeptical about the homing attack lol. But yeah as george says we have to wait and see
I wanna add that I should probably jump the gun alot less than I do. But I think it’s a little bit in my nature to express exactly how I feel at a certain point without thinking/processing it through in my mind. Or I could go with the best solution, not caring at all