Looks like we’ll be getting a heavy dose of the original Sonic 1 this year.
Thanks to our sister site Sonic Retro, we have learned that Sega of Japan have announced Sonic 1 as the third Sega game (along with Space Harrier and Super Hang-On to get the 3-D treatment. It looks like this will not be the same as the version coming from Christian Whitehead for the iOS. While it will have full 3-D effects, it will still looks to be in 4:3 mode. Besides 3-D other new features include..
- Switch between Japan/Western version with some minor differences.
- Spin Dash.
- New animations in backgrounds like rippling effects in water.
- CRT mode to give it that “classic” look.
- Full controller customization. Set it to press A to jump or B to jump, or X to Jump or Y to well you know where I’m going here.
- Sound settings for PSG and FM.
While the game will be coming to Japan on the 15th, but given how long it’s taking Space Harrier and Super Hang-On to come over here, it may be awhile before we see it stateside.Ad: