People have been wanting a new Sakura Wars game for awhile, the franchise might not be huge but it has a nice cult following. SEGA and RED (developer) have been teasing that it would be coming back. So we finally get it announced and it turns out to be a Mobage game.
“The yet untold story of the other battle faced by the young maidens!”
Mobage (Mobile Games) is a social portal used for games, focusing on freedium sort of experiences where the user gets the based game for free but pays for ‘extras’. This is very typical in the mobile landscape. Also looks like Kōsuke Fujishima won’t be designing characters for this project, the first ever for a Sakura Wars game. Japanese fans are not happy with the announcement, hit the jump to read some of their angry comments they left on Jin115.
- “I can’t even laugh. Nope.”
- “Mobage? Nothing to see here”
- “Saw it coming.”
- “Fuck off. How long d’you think we’ve been waiting for a new game?!”
- “When will those companies stop ruining old franchises with this shit?”
- “Is it another card game?”
- “There’s a weird emphasis on her boobs”
- “I think we all saw it coming when they first talked about it, but still”
- “With boobs like that, just think about her poor back”
- “I’m so looking forward to the franchise’s 20 years anniversary in 3 years lol”