Reddit user Esppiral has posted the following texture modifications for the PC release of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round. Sadly modders haven’t figured out how to swap models (yet?), so the user went in and used a base model and changed the textures to make them look like Shenmue characters. He not only created Ryo (using Jacky as a base model) and Lan Di (using Akira as a base model) but also included the famous dojo.
Download the mods here:
If you bought the game on Steam (or any other service) and want to learn how to install texture mods, hit the jump.
1. Download uMod v2 r53 https://code.google.com/p/texmod/downloads/list
2. Extract it and run uMod.exe
3. Main > Use global hook
4. Main > Add game (navigate to your DOALR game.exe)
5. Run game with uMod still open
6. Alt-tab out of the game
7. Drag .dds files from Windows explorer to the blank white space in uMod under ‘Title | A | D | Author’ etc
8. Go back into the game, with uMod still running
Done!! Run uMod before running the game each time to have your modified texturesAd: