We have been operating SEGAbits for over six years now and have had a long history of talented writers come and go. Now we are looking for a few passionate and driven individuals that want to contribute to a website like ours. We want someone that is as passionate about SEGA and their games as we are, someone that wants to join a established website but also have input on the future of SEGAbits. Someone that can ad something new with their arrival and not just follow what we do. Want to hear more details? Hit the jump.
Before you read further, this is not a paid position. We don’t get paid to run the site, we do it as a labor of love.
What we are looking for:
We have been running the site for quite awhile, like mentioned before we have had writers come and go. I decided that we want to think more carefully about who we hire next as a writer because we really want the upcoming writers to gel well with me and Barry, but not only that, we want an individual that is driven to share their passion about SEGA through writing. If that means retro SEGA content or new SEGA content, it doesn’t matter. But we are looking for a specifics in an upcoming writer, but if you don’t match anything listed below it doesn’t mean we will turn you down. Just bonus points!
- Original content
- Someone from Europe
- Fluent in Japanese
- Retro collectors
Like I stated, just because you don’t fall into these categories doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you. So don’t sweat it, these are just places we could improve upon.
Want to give it a shot? Of course you do! You can send us a email (Segabits at Gmail.com) with a example of your writing, the questionnaire (below) with answers filled out and the following header “SEGAbits Writer”.
- Languages you speak and write:
- Your history with SEGA:
- How did you hear about our website:
- Why do you want to write for SEGAbits:
- What type of content do you prefer to write about:
- Have you ever written for a site? If so, what site(s):
- What can you contribute to the site:
- In your view what is something our site can improve on:
- What type of content would you want to write:
- If you join the site, how many pieces of content (be it original or news posts) can you do a month:
- Do you work best when you come up with your own ideas, when you’re given specific assignments or in a mix of those situations:
That’s it! We will be updating our site when we finally confirm the new writers. Until then, good luck everyone.Ad: