Another announcement has been made for a game localization, this time for the game Valkyria Revolution (Known as Valkyria Azure Revolution in Japan). This game is considered a gaiden/spin-off title that takes place in an alternate time and universe from past Valkyria titles, and instead of being a tactical RPG like predecessors it is more of an action RPG with some strategy elements. However some elements are still retained from past titles. Valkyria Revolution focuses on the characters Amleth, a member of The Circle of Five (aka The Grand Criminals), and Ophelia, the princess of Jutland. Because of the expanding Rus Empire and The Circle of Five, the Jutland kingdom gets roped into a war that strives for independence and freedom from colonial rule.
Valkyria Revolution is slated for a Playstation 4, Xbox One and PS Vita release in spring of 2017 in both North America and Europe. The PS4 and XB1 versions will be physical and digital, while the PS Vita version will be digital-only. Deep Silver will be handling publishing in Europe.
After the break, read a full press release and check out some screens as well as cover art!
Rise Up! Discover the Violent History and Painful Truth of the Liberation War in Valkyria RevolutionPreviously Known as “Valkyria: Azure Revolution, The Game Will Come to the West for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Xbox OneIrvine, Calif – Dec. 13, 2016 – The Valkyria, the embodiment of death is returning to the battlefield in Valkyria Revolution and players will have to do – and sacrifice – whatever is necessary to seek out their vengeance. Previously reported as “Valkyria: Azure Revolution,” the newly titled Valkyria Revolution will release in the west both physically and digitally for the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One™, and as a digital-only title for the PlayStation®Vita. Valkyria Revolution is also in a sense a revolution from the traditional Valkyria Chronicles universe, as it’s set in an alternate timeline based on the European industrialization era and eschews the traditional turn-based strategy gameplay for a new hybrid of real-time combat and tactical strategy across battlefields. Valkyria Revolution will be available in Q2 of 2017.All it takes is a single spark to start the inferno of war, and in the story of Valkyria Revolution, players will experience that firsthand. Five lifelong friends consumed by personal revenge plunge an entire continent into a terrible war, sacrificing the lives of countless innocents for a cause based on twisted half-truths and outright lies. This “Circle of Five” use their combined influence in their political and military positions to motivate their small, economically blockaded homeland to rise up and become a powerful resistance against its imperialist oppressors. Will the Circle of Five be remembered as heroic liberators, or will their selfish motives expose them as traitorous conspirators who sacrificed untold lives just to carry out a personal vendetta? Players will watch this history unfold in Valkyria Revolution and find out the truth behind the events…Valkyria Revolution Features:
- A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, one of the last of the ancient and powerful Valkyrur, magical beings with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces and players will have to figure out how to defeat her.
- Prepare for LeGION – Valkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics and finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
- The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players will have upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths.
- A New Painterly Look – Valkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new Gouache rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
- Classic Composer – Valkyria Revolution has a vibrant soundtrack brought to life by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow)Valkyria Revolution is not just a new chapter in the legendary Valkyria series, but a whole new entry with new characters, a new world, and new gameplay mechanics. The static, turn-based battlefield has become an action-oriented stage for devastating melee combos, lethal ranged attacks, and strategic shifts to turn the tide of battle, all while exploring the incredible history of the Circle of Five. Valkyria Revolution will be released on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Xbox One in Q2. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB. For more information, please visit valkyria.sega.com