New Puyo Puyo Tetris has been released and uploaded, courtesy of Perfectly Nintendo. This nearly 25 minute video shows off matches between the five multiplayer modes, Versus, Fusion, Swap, Party, and Big Bang.
- Versus: Players pick either Puyo Puyo or Tetris and try to knock out the other players. Tetris based on Super Rotation System while Puyo Puyo based on Puyo Puyo Tsu rules.
- Fusion: Players use both Puyo and Tetrimino on a single board, utilizing character specific dropsets. Clearing rows or popping Puyo does not interrupt controls, allowing players to continuously chain and create combos between Puyo and Tetrimino clearing.
- Swap: Change between Puyo Puyo and Tetris, swapping to the other playstyle after a set time limit. Any Puyo or Tetrimino in the background when swapped will still create chains, potentially creating a combo if utilized at the right time.
- Party: Players choose Puyo Puyo or Tetris, utilizing power blocks that hamper the opponent or benefit the user. The objective is to score the highest amount of points within a time limit, getting knocked out costing you points.
- Big Bang: Players pick Puyo Puyo or Tetris, utilizing preset boards in order to power up. Successfully clearing a chain extends the next one, while failing to clear a chain reduces the next one. After the time limit is done, players attack each other, the strongest chain hitting all other opponents and reduce their health. This continues until all other players are knocked out, the last one standing being the winner.
In addition, for those that are curious about the English voices, you can hear those from Ringo, Tee, Amitie, Arle, and Ess extensively. Puyo Puyo Tetris is due for a western release on April 25th in North America and April 28th in Europe for both the PS4 (physical only) and Nintendo Switch.