Atlus has announce that Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey is coming to 3DS, which will be a remake of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey which came out for the Nintendo DS back in 2009. This will countinue the Atlus trend of remaking Nintendo DS games for the Nintendo 3DS platform. The last ‘remake’ announced was Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology.
Atlus first teased Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey back in Janurary, this new version of Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey promises a easier, redefined version of the original title while adding new content. To see all the new information regarding this remake, hit the jump and tell us in the comment section your opinion on Atlus remaking these DS games on 3DS.
Environmental destruction and ethnic conflict… on a future earth where various problems cannot be solved, it suddenly appeared.
Schwarzwelt, the ruined land that appeared in the Antarctic, continued to expand while swallowing everything on the earth into nonexistence. This appears to be how the history of mankind will meet its end…
Hoping for humanity’s survival, a Strike Team is sent to this mysterious land. However, the things they witness… will reveal the terrible truth of Schwarzwelt.
New Character: Alex (voiced by Megumi Han)
A mysterious girl who suddenly attacks the protagonist during exploration of Schwarzwelt. What is her goal in targeting the life of the protagonist with such open hostility?
- Protagonist (voiced by Jun Hirose)
- Gore (voiced by Unsho Ishizuka)
- Jimenez (voiced by Takahiro Sakurai)
- Zelenin (voiced by Maaya Sakamoto)
- A must-see for every Shin Megami Tensei fan! It’s that popular title with new elements added and various elements brushed up for 3DS.
- Enjoy a dramatic story with new from-the-chest-up illustrations and full voice overs.
- About 350 demons will appear. A “DEEPer” demon experience.
- A new character named Alex will appear, as well as a new ending route.