Various Sonic fans on Twitter have discovered a new iOS (and possibly Android) Sonic the Hedgehog game titled Sonic Forces: Speed Battle. According to the App Store listing, the game has players racing against other players from around the world in real-time four-player races. Weapons play a role in the game, and playable characters include Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Vector and more. From the look of things, the game is very much an online multiplayer version of Sonic Dash set in Sonic Forces locations. Eagle eyed fans might notice that a Sky Sanctuary looking stage appears in the mobile game, perhaps meaning we will see the stage return in Sonic Forces?
After the break, check out the app store description and screenshots.
Instantly race and compete with real players from around the world. Sprint, grind, and battle your way through real opponents in real-time four-player races. Pick-up and deploy weapons during the race and unleash them to gain the edge for victory!
Compete as Sonic the Hedgehog, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Shadow, E-123 Omega and more! Unlock and upgrade new characters and weapons to build the ultimate team.
BATTLE TO WIN
– Attack with an arsenal of power-ups and weapons
– Master and upgrade common and character specific weapons
– Chase and maneuver opponents into spikes, badniks, and mines
– Go faster with on-track dash pads, springs, grind rails, and boost rings.
– Race on growing variety of new and challenging tracks
RACE WITH THE ULTIMATE SONIC TEAM
– Race as Sonic, Amy, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Rogue, and more
– Unlock new and rare characters including Omega, Vector, Espio
– Compete for gold and red star rings in every race to upgrade your characters
– Dominate live events and top the leaderboards