First up we have a new debut trailer for Hokuto ga Gotoku, which was revealed by SEGA via their live stream. This trailer has about six minutes of gameplay. We get to see a few things displayed in this trailer, including the “Pressure Point Action” system, various mini-games and even shows of Kenshiro racing in customized cars. Just like the Manga (wait, was that in the Manga?). Also, we see a SEGA Mark III console!
While the trailer doesn’t go into detail on the battle systems, Weekly Famtisu did and the details have been gathered by Gematsu:
- “Just Pressure Point” is a technique that takes advantage of pressure points to deal great damage by pressing the Circle button with good timing. The remarks uttered by dying enemies can be possessed as weapons or become items.
- “Abeshi Collection” is an element that lets you collect the remarks uttered by dying enemies.
- “Burst” is a technique that significantly strengthens Kenshiro and can be triggered by building up the gauge charged each time you defeat an enemy.
- “Destiny Gems” can be inserted into the status board to activate corresponding abilities.
- “Yadoyado Talismans” can be equipped to strengthen Kenshiro’s abilities and learn new techniques. When activated, cut-ins drawn by the illustrator of the manga will appear on the screen. By acquiring Raoh’s talisman, Kenshiro can use his “Tensho Honretsu” technique.
Hokuto ga Gotoku will hit PlayStation 4 consoles in Japan on March 8, 2018. It will have two versions released including a Standard and “Century’s End Premium” edition. No Western released announced yet.