Its not hard to see that SEGA’s Phantasy Star Online 2 has been a massive success for the company, so much so that it recently that it got a graphical update with Phantasy Star Online: New Genesis. But the company is already ’embracing the future’ with them planning the successor, if this new rumor is to be believed. The rumor comes from Japanese user Makino180 that says:
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis will be supported for only 5 more years.
- Phantasy Star Crew’s 3rd Division is in planning stages of the next “Super Game” and is aimed to be finished in under 5 years.
- Phantasy Star Online veteran Satoshi Sakai will spearhead the project
- Plans are to make the next “Super Game” running on Microsoft Azure Cloud Servers.
- SEGA is thinking of using NFT Blockchain technology for its monetization to prolong the value and wants to spearhead the future of Gacha Games which will implement a possible SNS Distribution of virtual items.
- Initial Budget for this “Super Game” is 5 times the budget of normal SEGA AAA Games!
- The main audience of the new “Super Game” is the Western audience.
While gamers dislike NFTs, Blockchain technology, it seems that companies and developers see a avenue for them to be used in games. What is your thoughts on the rumored, next, “Super Game” by the developers that made Phantasy Star Online 2?Ad: