Author Topic: Ben Plato's 2014 Niche Dreamcast 2 petition suddenly picks up Steam!!  (Read 66305 times)

Offline EnternalHope

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Sega fan for Life.
Re: Ben Plato's 2014 Niche Dreamcast 2 petition suddenly picks up Steam!!
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2015, 05:04:25 pm »
Hmm, well, I can see it getting a small following, but that's about it. Why? Because PC gamers (like me) are already tech savvy to have the hardware capable of running most things - at least to a certain standard with a budget. As I said before, I'd welcome them to create a Steam like service and controllers (though, MS basically nicked and refined their controller with xbox), but I'm not sure anything else would be needed right now.

Then you should know as a PC gamer that the average proper rig is Core i5 Sandy Bridge with 4-8 GBs of DDR2 RAM and that a  Nvidia 500 Series GeForce GPU like a 560 or 580 GTX is solid enough for an average performance and best proper optimization. a 600 Series GPU is cheap enough to improve lighting,rasteration and Shader Model engines.

There's alot of unexplored territory in PC gaming rigs. All you have mostly is Alienware/Dell or small 2nd rate companies selling them at pretty steep prices for a solid performances. But what I've found, is that they fall short in offering bang for your buck. With Netbooks, it requires modifications and most places don't offer cheap service for Modifying them to run GPUs and installing games. And even when you do buy a GPU compatible, it requires a driver debug.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2015, 12:20:49 am »
Apart from the ram, that setup would run most things perfectly fine. The real question is, why would pc gamers choice a closed off system like a console instead of just waiting and spending a bit more on an upgrade that would probably run everything they wanted?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:29:26 am by Tad »

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2015, 12:59:41 am »
Apart from the ram, that setup would run most things perfectly fine. The real question is, why would pc gamers just to a closed off system like a console instead of just waiting and spending a bit more on an upgrade that would probably run everything they wanted?

If it performed on the same league as most average PCs(like Dreamcast did) there likely wouldn't be a problem as long as its not bottlenecked.

We just got in touch with a SEGA of Japan intern. We've submitted prospects and proposals to her. She will discuss them with SEGA Holdings,Co,Ltd in January 2016.

Offline Tad

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2015, 03:35:09 am »
An intern? As in student? If so, I doubt they should even be talking to you about something like this nor have any power to anything.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck. I just hope you approach SEGA with some financial backing or it'll be quite rude of you to tell them what they should do with their money.

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2015, 01:15:56 pm »
An intern? As in student? If so, I doubt they should even be talking to you about something like this nor have any power to anything.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck. I just hope you approach SEGA with some financial backing or it'll be quite rude of you to tell them what they should do with their money.

She's a enigneer at Sega Korea. She often does internship at Sega of Japan and speak fluent Japanese.

We're weighing the option of a Crowdfunder.

We also told her, to let SEGA know that fans want them to partner up with Toshiba and that'll win over more skeptical software-only fans.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 01:19:00 pm by EnternalHope »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2015, 01:25:01 pm »
This can only end well.

Offline Tad

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2015, 01:38:18 pm »
There's more holes in this than swiss cheese.

Popcorn, Barry?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2015, 01:45:03 pm »
Store's open!

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2015, 02:05:39 pm »
Still not sure why it HAS to be Toshiba and not someone like say Samsung or Pegatron.

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2015, 03:31:23 pm »
Still not sure why it HAS to be Toshiba and not someone like say Samsung or Pegatron.

One of them also has suggested Samsung or LG regarding SEGA selling a DC themed Android phone.

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2015, 06:57:12 pm »
The sigs are minutes away from hitting 22,000!

The Petition description will also be altered and updated with an op-ed from me. Eliminating the original petition description and goal and replacing it altogether.

We are gathering data and resources to prepare a Crowdfunder for SEGA to release a PC gaming rig to compete with Dell and sell at a much lower price.

It doesn't cost much, AT all.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2015, 08:39:50 pm »
And people would buy this over Alienware, Falcon Northwest, CyberpowerPC, Syber, Zotac, Maingear, Origin PC and Gigabyte because....?

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2015, 12:11:41 am »
And people would buy this over Alienware, Falcon Northwest, CyberpowerPC, Syber, Zotac, Maingear, Origin PC and Gigabyte because....?

It would cost far less and be much more powerful.

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2015, 12:45:59 pm »
We're already past 22,000 sigs.

The Shenmue 500K group has also asked me to write a short Op-Ed for their page, I will start that right now.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2015, 01:23:08 pm »
Shenmue 500k is actually 25k. They threw that 500k in the title to make people believe they had more supporters than they actually do...