Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines  (Read 113242 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2013, 06:03:22 am »
I never said that your "view" of the game is correct, or incorrect. You must be confusing me with someone else. But you've been on the defensive and combatative for pages and pages now.

No i'm not confusing you with anyone else.
All that I have been doing is citing the major issues that people have with the game. The game got negative reviews. Negative. Not mixed. Reviews have been negative. "Mixed" is when there is just as much positive as there is negative. Sonic and the Secret Rings got "mixed reviews." Aliens: Colonial Marines has gotten negative reviews from both the press, the fans, and average gamers. People aren't (generally) happy with the final product that they've received. And if there are legions of people liking the game, they certainly aren't speaking up.

No its been mixed overall. You can go and actually read metacritic to see positive reviews from both critics and gamers alike as well as average reviews to the negative ones. So considering you used that site to prove a point to me i dont see how you could have missed that.
Dude if we had to play every single game we discussed on these forums then there would be no discussion here at all because people can't afford to do that. If you're rich then by all means send the rest of us $$ to buy the games if it bothers you so much.

I actually do buy every game where Sega is concerned. If a game is bad i would definatly say it is. if its a bad game but i happen to enjoy it i would say that too. What i wouldn't do is complain about something i haven't tried out yet. In this day and age there meant to be various ways you can try out a game before actually purchasing it. So i really don't understand that particular stance.

I am not writing a review of this game. Obviously if I was I would have played it, as people look to a reviewer to have thoroughly played the game. I am a gamer on a message board discussing a game that has been universally trashed. I am under no obligation to play this game. I'm not even an Aliens fan, honestly. But I believed the hype and was eagerly anticipating the Wii U version of this game...which was delayed, thankfully. I would have bought it on Day 1 if it hadn't been, and you think I'd be singing a different tune if I paid $60 for this? No, if anything I'd be hating this game even more than I already am for what it will do to gamers' trust in Sega. It scares me to think that this is the first "Sega game" in many years for a lot of people who are buying it. Judging from their reactions, they were not impressed.
Were going a bit overboard aren't we? There's been many sega games people have brought in large numbers down the last few years, BAYONETTA and SONIC ASR:T are among them.
But I never once said that you were "wrong" for liking the plot. Or for liking the game. All I've said is that your opinion is in the distinct minority, from what I've seen.

I never said i liked the plot or liked the game. That's the indication that you just haven't registered on what i'm saying because you don't like dissenting opinions.

1 I don't judge a game until i played it. which is what i 've said.
2 I think the reaction to this game not being good is overblown and to a degree orchestrated.Which is what i've said all along
3 There are obvious flaws in the game( a point i never disputed)
4 Looking at various media from the game press to newspaper reviews and on metacritic it isn't as one sided as i would have expected it to be.

But because i said these things all of a sudden i'm accused of liking the game and also defending it. I'm not defending anything in particular but like you who seems to be cynical on sega, i'm weary of the gaming press telling me that a game is bad because its from a particular publisher that they happen to dislike.So instead of believing the hype i like to play it for myself.

And you have yet to provide me any examples of people loving this game, all you've done is tell me that my examples are "not to be taken seriously." Sorry but that's not a very compelling argument. Provide evidence to support your claims or (Like you threatened to do in your previous post.)

You got goolge check yourself. The remark is down to the fact that if one hasn't played the game how can i take your views on it seriously? Reasonably to me.

stop trying to discuss this with me.
Then stop responding.

Are you still hung up on that? Take my advice and let it go............the big font was to emphasize a point; (I don't feel the Bold Text stands out particularly well against our site's background) It was not to "yell." I've already explained this to you once, you refuse to believe me. Why, I'm not sure. But I'm quickly losing interest in trying to find out. 

Whatever you say, in the context it seems like you were shouting your point.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2013, 11:27:06 am »
No its been mixed overall. You can go and actually read metacritic to see positive reviews from both critics and gamers alike as well as average reviews to the negative ones. So considering you used that site to prove a point to me i dont see how you could have missed that.

There is 1 positive critic review (EGM) and not from anyone else. User reviews are overwhelmingly negative. Look, if you're under the impression that this game's being loved by gamers, you're in for a rude awakening.

What i wouldn't do is complain about something i haven't tried out yet. In this day and age there meant to be various ways you can try out a game before actually purchasing it. So i really don't understand that particular stance.

Sega should not be releasing unfinished/incomplete games. So yes, I can complain about that. There is plenty of documentation (including from developers who worked on the game) that it was not finished.

There's been many sega games people have brought in large numbers down the last few years, BAYONETTA and SONIC ASR:T are among them.

Aliens is targeting a totally different demographic; a far more mainstream one than a kids' franchise and a niche Japanese action game. Aliens: Colonial Marines is targeting the CoD crowd and had the potential to sell millions of copies had it been received well. (which it hasn't been, and word of mouth will kill its $60 business very quickly.)

i'm weary of the gaming press telling me that a game is bad because its from a particular publisher that they happen to dislike.

The gaming press does not dislike Sega. They have no reason whatsoever to dislike Sega, and there's nothing to back this up whatsoever; Total War: Shogun 2 is one of the higest-rated games of 2011.

Everything else you've said there is simply you repeating yourself and I'm done doing that. I've already made my thoughts on this clear. It's a travesty that this game was released in the condition that it was and people should not be defending it.

Obviously I'm a Sega fan; I write for this website..............but that doesn't mean that I will blindly accept and purchase every game they put out, even games that are unfinished and by all accounts not good games. If there was evidence that this game offered more than it looks like and that critics simply "misunderstood it" (Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic Unleashed are great examples and two games that I dug) then I'd give it a chance. But there has been very little compelling evidence to that fact. Everything I've seen and heard (and I've seen and heard plenty) points to another mediocre license title pushed out by a company to make a quick buck.

Honestly dude this isn't even developed in-house (and from the looks of things not a single Sega employee had a thing to do with its development)  so I seriously don't know why you're being so defensive of it and demanding that we all play it. I'd understand if we were talking about Shenmue or something......
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:03:54 pm by Ben »

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2013, 02:28:40 pm »
Y'know I didn't really read any reviews or watch any footage of the game.  Simply heard about some of the bugs and read about how it was shit and Gearbox screwed Sega out of their money. Then I saw Semmie on here going nuts over how amazing the game was and decided I had to try it out just to rip him apart on it.

I'm not too far in, and not very good at it, but I'm enjoying it so far.  Maybe I'm not far enough in but it doesn't seem to be the godawful game everyone is preaching it to be. Yeah the interface sucks and the graphics are far below average, but I dunno I'm having fun.  More fun than I had playing Binary Domain.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2013, 02:58:43 pm »
More fun than I had playing Binary Domain.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2013, 04:22:19 pm »

Yes, that deserves kudos from me. LOL!
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2013, 07:15:23 am »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-97r3GfZik[/youtube]

the only review that matters
SEG4GES

Offline semmie

• Banned
beware of colonial marines ATTENTION!!!!!!!
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2013, 08:36:51 am »
th punk ass motherfuckers caused my ps3 to brick after i updated the game to 1.02

so i went to look if maybe others had the same issue. they were laughed t. but it is actually truth
the motherfucking game bricked my ps3 and other ps3s as well

see link

http://www.gamespot.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/forum/game-apparently-bricked-my-ps3-64706997/

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2013, 09:12:47 am »
That link takes you to a COD black ops section. You sure others have had the same issue?

That said, i'm sorry to hear about that man.... hope you get it all sorted out.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2013, 09:18:52 am »
That link takes you to a COD black ops section. You sure others have had the same issue?

That said, i'm sorry to hear about that man.... hope you get it all sorted out.

srry rong link

well i just updated the damn game. and im figuring out what to do now

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2013, 09:30:18 am »
update its a semi brick

i managed to fix it with a a work around attaching the psp to ps3

guys pls dont update to 1.02
theres no saying what it will cause t you. maybe even bigger issues then me
im going to dump the game and delete the gamedata entirely.

srry for being upset and hasty. but whatta ya expect?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2013, 09:33:36 am »
You really should stick to SEGA consoles, they never brick.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2013, 10:11:22 am »
You really should stick to SEGA consoles, they never brick.

LOL but it is the truth.

this game has killed me. just imagine a brick.
i had a headache solving this issue. i had to actually go to hacking sites.
otherwise i would still have a brick on a ps3 that does not have guarantee anymore

Offline Kevin-N

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2013, 11:55:35 am »
Is this game really as bad as they say ? from some trailers that i have seen i like.
SEGA fan 4 life !

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2013, 01:01:38 pm »
Is this game really as bad as they say ? from some trailers that i have seen i like.

It depends, I feel. Personally, I feel the actual gameplay is "okay", though it borders on Doom-simplistic. The graphics are dated. Aliens vs Predator looks more polished than this. The story will undoubtedly piss you off if you're an Aliens fan because it contradicts plot points from Aliens, Alien 3 and Resurrection. In addition, it rips off a few story elements from the Aliens vs Predator videogame, which makes the whole thing feel lazy.

At best, it's just so-so. Colonial Marines is playable at least. However, I feel I'd rather play Alien Trilogy over this.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Kevin-N

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2013, 01:38:15 pm »
It depends, I feel. Personally, I feel the actual gameplay is "okay", though it borders on Doom-simplistic. The graphics are dated. Aliens vs Predator looks more polished than this. The story will undoubtedly piss you off if you're an Aliens fan because it contradicts plot points from Aliens, Alien 3 and Resurrection. In addition, it rips off a few story elements from the Aliens vs Predator videogame, which makes the whole thing feel lazy.

At best, it's just so-so. Colonial Marines is playable at least. However, I feel I'd rather play Alien Trilogy over this.

Ok thanks man. I always like your reviews so i also believe with this one ;-)
I will wait when it's cheaper or wait when the wii-u version comes out and look if that's ok. ( if it comes out ).
SEGA fan 4 life !