Author Topic: Let's say sonic mania is a huge succss; what do you want next?  (Read 6971 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Let's say sonic mania is a huge succss; what do you want next?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2017, 02:10:04 pm »
I don't think there is much nostalgia for Chaotix, I just want to see obscure returning zones because I feel there is still a lot you can do with existing locations both through level design and gimmicks and through music.

Chemical Plant Zone and Stardust Speedway worked in Mania because they are solid zones, I don't think nostalgia was why I enjoyed playing them.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 10:13:06 pm »
I think I enioyed Mania for it's nostalgic factor, especially some of the old zones like chemical plant.

I'd like to see them continue with basically the dame formula and I'd even be ok if they kept the same 3 characters. More would be cool, but I think the simplicity of the game is what made it so appealing.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:07:55 am by pirovash88 »
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline NiGHTSDrEAMS

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 08:50:52 am »
They make a Sonic Mania 2! Nuff said!  :P :P

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 05:33:06 pm »
Get the Streets of Rage Remake guys a comtract and give us our long awaited SoR sequel!
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2017, 05:46:39 pm »
2D for older franchises, similar to Sonic Mania.  Just keep the spirit of the original Genesis games intact while giving new levels and features and such.  Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Comix Zone, Vector Man, you get the idea.  For 3D, Saturn or Dreamcast franchises.  It's really that simple.  Go with what works.  Don't reinvent it.  Enhance it, but don't say oh that was ok for the time but we've gotta appeal to today's hold you hand demographic.  :p  People actually complained Sonic Mania had challenge.  Get good, guys.  XD
Be like water.