Author Topic: The Films of 2015: Ant-Man, Avengers, Star Wars, Bond, Terminator, Mad Max, etc  (Read 54477 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
I've got reserved seats for tomorrow, going with one of my bros. Definitely leaving work early too, hyped!
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Just got back from seeing it. Without spoilers, I really enjoyed it. It's probably up there with Empire for me and only really suffers on certain characters as they're not allowed much room to develop. However, saying that, this is clearly the setup of a trilogy and I suspect we'll see more of the other characters as it goes on.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Just got back from seeing it. Without spoilers, I really enjoyed it. It's probably up there with Empire for me and only really suffers on certain characters as they're not allowed much room to develop. However, saying that, this is clearly the setup of a trilogy and I suspect we'll see more of the other characters as it goes on.

PUMPED!

Man, i can't wait until tomorrow!
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
I liked it (The Force Awakens). No spoilers from me, but I will say it was a nice homage to the originals while also being its own thing like the Prequels were. This is not a movie that sits alongside ROTJ. It very much feels like the start of a new trilogy. I did not like some of Abrams camera movements and his editing, but overall a good movie. 8/10

Offline Tad

RotJ sits with the prequels for me. It's where Lucas started to lose it I feel.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:35:43 pm by Tad »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
I like all Star Wars movies differently.

ANH - Classic stand alone movie, great 70s film aesthetics of less is more and lots of visually driven shots.
ESB - Great character piece, very funny in parts and very tragic in others. Very 80s in tone and feel.
ROTJ - Popcorn movie through and through, with some truly epic finale moments.
TPM - Good mix of the old and the new, I loved the art direction. Lots of cool reveals, like how the Jedi Order functions and what the Sith are. Great final battle, best saber fight in the saga. Oh and the podrace is always a great visual/audio showcase.
AOTC - Like ESB, always loved the mood and atmosphere of this movie. Also, there was a fair bit of much needed humor. Dooku and Jango were standouts for me.
ROTS - A true space opera. I love the grand sweeping feel of the movie, and there are so many OT bridges. I just love this move.
TFA - Solid tribute to the OT and a great beginning of a new trilogy. Honestly, loved the new characters more than the returning ones.

Offline Tad

I dunno about that. There's so many issues in the prequels, I honestly can't be bothered to name them all right now. It's a ridiculously long list.

One thing I would say they all had that SWTFA doesn't have mind is a moment to breath. It seems to be the trend in films now where everything has to be quick and to the point. There's very few moments to reflect on what's just happened or stop for a second and absorb the scene.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 03:52:03 pm by Tad »

Offline Tad

It's 2016, but meh.

New Ghostbusters trailer:
https://youtu.be/w3ugHP-yZXw

It's difficult to take your crumpy adult glasses off with shows like this, but well. It is what it is.