Off Topic > Everything Else

What gifts did you get? - 2013 edition

(1/3) > >>

Barry the Nomad:
Figured it would be fun to share what we all got for the holidays. Not sure why I initiated this, since I don't have a lot to share. lol

I received:

- shaving set with a great silver handle engraved with my initials, three blades, and shaving cream
- new winter gloves with iPhone friendly finger tips
- some mystery gift from my parent's
- Wolverine blu-ray unleashed extended edition
- some much needed kitchen tools
- extremely warm sweater
- lotta money

No games, but I never ask for games since I can't hold out until Christmas anymore. I might get some more 3D classics on the 3DS for myself.

tarpmortar:
My gifts:

1. Double Edged safety razor for shaving with 101 blades :D , I was always complaining about the shaving racket here in the US of A so a rather solid gift really. Means I can skip these awful razor prices. I'm a bit of a miser.

2. RayBan Wayfarers: I actually wanted some that were unbranded but made by the same company from Costco but my Mom said the price difference she got between those and these made it worthwhile, I'm not one for brand names but admittedly I'm slightly pleased because the Costco ones were tortoise shell while these are pure black. As such the more accurate sunglasses for my Sonny Crockett/Miami Vice fanboyship.

3. Two pairs of pajama pants, since I asked for them (this was actually all I asked for)

4. boxers

5. $200

6. Let me off at the top by Ron Burgundy, Ron Burgundy's (or Will Ferrell's) new book.

7. $50 gift card to my favorite pizza place.

8. $25 amazon gift card, $20 Steam card

9. a Monet, Agapanthus, print.

10. around $50 worth of candy/soda

11. Games purchased w/ gift cards: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition, Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project, Rise of the Triad 2013, Shadow Warrior 2013 (+Viscera Cleanup detail: Shadow Warrior edition), Guacamelee, Castle of Illusion, Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, Rogue Legacy, Samurai Gunn, Max Payne 3 (this game sucks, I paid $4 and I want my $4 back), Left 4 Dead 2 (Valve's Christmas gift to Steam users, free of charge).

Happy Cat:
a pair of pajama pants

--- Quote from: TaroYamada on December 28, 2013, 04:55:12 pm ---My gifts:

1. Double Edged safety razor for shaving with 101 blades :D , I was always complaining about the shaving racket here in the US of A so a rather solid gift really. Means I can skip these awful razor prices. I'm a bit of a miser.

--- End quote ---

Nice. I've been shaving that way for a while now. It's much better then cheap disposable razors, and much less expensive then the expensive razors which are the alternative to cheap razors. My facial hair grows in thick, so it was always really bad with store bought razors, got irritated and bloody every time i shaved. Been a much better experience with double edged safety razors with blades that are known for being fairly sharp. Tempeted to try even sharper blades but damn would I need to be really careful, wouldn't want to make a mistake with those like i still do sometimes.

tarpmortar:

--- Quote from: Will on December 28, 2013, 05:14:06 pm ---a pair of pajama pants

Nice. I've been shaving that way for a while now. It's much better then cheap disposable razors, and much less expensive then the expensive razors which are the alternative to cheap razors. My facial hair grows in thick, so it was always really bad with store bought razors, got irritated and bloody every time i shaved. Been a much better experience with double edged safety razors with blades that are known for being fairly sharp. Tempeted to try even sharper blades but damn would I need to be really careful, wouldn't want to make a mistake with those like i still do sometimes.

--- End quote ---

Mine are Astra blades, which I had been looking at. My mom must have seen them in the recently viewed on Amazon list or some crap. They are Russian blades and folks on the shaving forums seemed to say nice things about them, plus they were like $10 for a pack of 100, you can't beat that.

Happy Cat:

--- Quote from: TaroYamada on December 28, 2013, 05:58:58 pm ---Mine are Astra blades, which I had been looking at. My mom must have seen them in the recently viewed on Amazon list or some crap. They are Russian blades and folks on the shaving forums seemed to say nice things about them, plus they were like $10 for a pack of 100, you can't beat that.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, Astra is what i got. I got them cause of their price, and cause people were saying they were pretty sharp, and they are compared to junk store blades :) just thinking maybe i should try even sharper ones and see how that goes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version