Author Topic: Doug Walker cancels weekly "Nostalgia Critic" show  (Read 3404 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Doug Walker cancels weekly "Nostalgia Critic" show
« on: September 14, 2012, 08:10:59 pm »

You can hear from the man himself right here.

To be clear, NC won't be a regular thing, the character might come up once in a while, but the people involved in the project decided to take the next step.

So how do you feel about this, in general?

Me, I'm kinda sad, but for the most part glad it's over, the show was starting to get a little stale, I'm sure it hasn't escaped their attention that the videos reviews must've been declining in views.
The limit scope of the Nostalgia Critic which were shows that me and a few of us here were kids and seeing through adult eyes. There is only so much material that you can mine. They had already done most of the major "famous" bad films early on and as such the more obscure ones become a gamble.

Regardless, it was fun while it lasted.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
Re: Doug Walker cancels weekly "Nostalgia Critic" show
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 07:00:43 pm »
I think it's good that he is bringing the show to a close. They ran out of "nostalgic" material a while back and like you said max_cady, everything he has been doing since has been a little flat. That being said, I do wish Doug Walker the best in his future endeavors.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!