Author Topic: Sonic 2013 Speculation Thread  (Read 103616 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Sonic 2013 Speculation Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 06:12:19 am »
Totally sounds like Sonic CD2.

It would have a huge emphasis on exploration if some of these different goal rings are hidden for example. This would mean a better way of controlling Sonic at low speeds (I suppose this is "slow geared development for more punctual distribution").

Also, hurray for having the forking levels. The same thing Trippled mention before.

I doubt the legitimacy of this rumor though.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 07:43:57 am »
Yeah, I'm not believing the rumor just yet. I mean, c'mon guys... TSSZ? Remember Sonic Dimensions?

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 11:22:53 am »
The guy who originally made the rumor on reddit posted today that it's fake. I mean, it seemed like something Iizuka-san would completely hate, but at the same time, I could see him allowing it to happen as a throw away project to bide more time for his next gen masterpiece.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 11:27:59 am »
The guy who originally made the rumor on reddit posted today that it's fake. I mean, it seemed like something Iizuka-san would completely hate, but at the same time, I could see him allowing it to happen as a throw away project to bide more time for his next gen masterpiece.

source/link?

Just so we can completly debunk this.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 11:29:52 am »
source/link?

Just so we can completly debunk this.

I read it on neogaf, i'm not sure how reddit works, but yeah..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46186769&postcount=13820

if someone wants to go look on reddit they can, but i hate the layout of the place

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 11:41:04 am »
Just saw the original reddit post, didn't find where it was deemed fake..
SEG4GES

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 12:51:50 pm »
Good Sonic rumors are always fake, the bad ones are usually true. :p

Offline Trippled

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 02:27:54 pm »
Good Sonic rumors are always fake, the bad ones are usually true. :p

That seems untrue.

Usually, no Sonic Rumor ends being true, except Sonic Colors. Which turned out good anyways so.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 02:40:23 pm »
The multiple Metal Sonic things sounded like the Sonic Dimensions multiple Sonics nonsense, and the Sonic CD bit made no sense. "more realistic"? Sonic CD was the furthest thing from realistic. As for redesigning Sonic, I'd think that would be a pretty major undertaking. Redesign Sonic, and they have to redesign the entire cast. Not to mention reboot the entire branding and product lines. Really, Sonic as he is right now is near perfect. No modifications needed. He's been like that since 2008 and I see no reason for a redesign now.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 04:29:17 pm »
The multiple Metal Sonic things sounded like the Sonic Dimensions multiple Sonics nonsense, and the Sonic CD bit made no sense. "more realistic"? Sonic CD was the furthest thing from realistic. As for redesigning Sonic, I'd think that would be a pretty major undertaking. Redesign Sonic, and they have to redesign the entire cast. Not to mention reboot the entire branding and product lines. Really, Sonic as he is right now is near perfect. No modifications needed. He's been like that since 2008 and I see no reason for a redesign now.
You got it all wrong dude.
Supposedly, the new design is influenced by Sonic CD, but more realistic. In my mind that sounds like moving to a more simplistic design. Something between the anime Sonic from CD and the one we have now.
A modern Classic Sonic, rather than the modified Adventure Sonic we have
SEG4GES

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 09:17:03 am »
That is great news! So far the simple stories have been a treat for me. I'll still prefer a little bit of sonic adventure's seriousness, but the cheerful and happy/humorous tone of colors has been great as well so if they can combine that with a more indepth story it'd be pretty cool.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 12:48:15 am »
That is great news! So far the simple stories have been a treat for me. I'll still prefer a little bit of sonic adventure's seriousness, but the cheerful and happy/humorous tone of colors has been great as well so if they can combine that with a more indepth story it'd be pretty cool.

agreed.  It's funny that he's credited with Sonic Generations as well seeing as how it had minimal dialogue and no story to speak of. 

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 07:07:16 pm »
Now this is a rumor I buy, and would love to be true. Love more characters and multiple end points to a stage. Didn't a Sonic CD stage have two possible goal posts?