Author Topic: Sonic 2013 Speculation Thread  (Read 103657 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Sonic 2013 Speculation Thread
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2013, 10:02:23 am »
I'm hoping that the most they give the Wii U in terms of exclusives is the Mario & Sonic games. No more storybook titles please.

Sonic Lost Worlds could easily be a main series title, and I hope it is.

for some reason I don't see Iizuka as the kind of guy who is big on storybook titles, notice they pretty much stopped after his face showed up again, and he said hes in control of Sonic. He doesn't want to make sonic games around existing stories, he wants to make his own stories.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2013, 10:16:52 am »
    So originally it was more or less the same team working on all the different Sonic titles, but after a few years, for various reasons, we started to delegate Sonic games to different groups of people.

And everyone in the office has their own idea of what Sonic should be, so we started to see slightly varied, slightly different directions of Sonic games.

I was conscious of this, so I’m now back with full responsibility of all things Sonic. I have control over the direction of not just Sonic Generations, but all the Sonic titles that we will develop in the future.

So I have more control, and hopefully this will provide better appearances for future titles.

Sonic Generations sort of acts as the end of one period. After Sonic Generations, we will work on new Sonic titles. There’s going to be a whole new adventure, of course.

For the digital and mobile space, we have Sonic 4 – Episode 1 is already out, and we’ve already started creating Episode 2.

We’re going to continue to explore the reimaginationing of classic Sonic, but at the same time we will also keep looking into the gaming space around modern Sonic games.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/09/takashi-iizuka-talks-about-the-past-and-future-of-sonic/

Offline Scottdevine48

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2013, 03:01:28 pm »

Those Sonic Excursion rumors are fake, stupid, fake and joke.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2013, 06:42:13 pm »
Hopefully its a main story game with it coming to PS3/360/WiiU and also 720/PS4 with a new engine.

Its been awhile since we had a new Sonic game, its not too much to ask for, right?

Also would be cool if Sonic Team had 2 teams, one working on the 'last gen' version (one console, possibly 360) and have Sumo Digital port it to the other two and 720/PS4 is Sonic Team's big team.

I can dream.

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2013, 06:44:58 pm »
ok here is a link to the english search

http://oami.europa.eu/CTMOnline/RequestManager/en_Result_NoReg

type sonic lost world and you'll find it. they don't have a way to link directly

Sorry I was in a hurry, and I have not noticed that the link was for the page in Italian.

don't credit me, credit Deefy, he's the whole reason it was found!
and TSSZnews found the domain

Thanks Will, you're a great guy ;-)

I did.

Thank you Shigs!
SEGA STYLE

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2013, 07:07:44 pm »
Hopefully its a main story game with it coming to PS3/360/WiiU and also 720/PS4 with a new engine.

Its been awhile since we had a new Sonic game, its not too much to ask for, right?

Also would be cool if Sonic Team had 2 teams, one working on the 'last gen' version (one console, possibly 360) and have Sumo Digital port it to the other two and 720/PS4 is Sonic Team's big team.

I can dream.

George, with regard to "a main story game" for consoles and that the above title is a packaged ones, I'm pretty sure, seen that almost always the Nice Classification: 9, regards this kind of games ;-)
SEGA STYLE

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2013, 07:09:09 pm »
Those Sonic Excursion rumors are fake, stupid, fake and joke.
no they're not! Nah just kiddin. welcome to the forums

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2013, 09:07:45 pm »
@deefy thanks! you're a pretty great guy too, thanks for discovering that trademark, now SEGA can't surprise us

I can dream.

My guess is it's been built on the same hedgehog engine we know and love, what platform though, probably 360. That's always been the main platform for hedgehog engine.

I think whoever ports it to PC will be the ones porting it to next gen platforms since next gen is x86 too.

Of course this is all just assuming it was mainly built as a current gen game and is being up-ported to next gen. Things could be completely different then what I'm guessing. For all we know SEGA could of built it as a next gen game first.

If it was built as a current gen game, I'm not complaining! Sonic Generations looks beautiful on PC at 60 FPS and it would no doubt be that on next gen platforms if it's a current gen game.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:10:10 pm by Will »