Author Topic: Is Sega trolling us?  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Sega Dreamer

• Total Meseta: 0
Is Sega trolling us?
« on: June 23, 2020, 02:14:37 pm »
So I just saw the NGPX stream earlier today and was dissapointed.  All they showed was a half hour of Catherine Full Body.  A game that everyone pretty much played already and showed off nothing new.  I wasn't expecting a mainline Sonic title since Sega only recently said they wanted to take their time for it, but nothing else from Sega or Atlus?  At least show some Persona 4 for PC then, it's just as old anyway!  What about the new Alex Kidd remake that's releasing next year?  What about Panzer Dragoon Zwei remake?  What about Yakuza: Like A Dragon?  Literally anything except Catherine again!!  On top of that, it was nothing but a full half hour of gameplay, when other companies showed off way more variety that was all new to boot!  Stuff like Ys IX looks great!  I love JRPGs!  Why can't Sega give us a new Phantasy Star or Shining Force???  Even if it's indie developed like Nagoshi said we need more of, as long as it's good, that's what matters!  I mean this after their 60th anniversary debacle with the Game Gear Micro and the Japan only "Fog Gaming"...
Sega is trolling us.  They knew how many people would be watching this expecting something amazing.  Even if they couldn't show a new Sonic game, at least show something other than just Catherine Full Body! 

Offline BarneyRubble

• Web Development Geelong
Re: Is Sega trolling us?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 04:22:31 am »
Maybe it is a purposeful tease? We are a tidy bit disappointed right now or maybe if not disappointed then confused. Like you said: what is up with a game that everybody knows and has probably played already. Maybe they are keeping something up their sleeve and we will be pleasantly surprised.
I am crossing my fingers for a new Sonic game out of the blue!

Don't lose hope Dreamer!

Offline Sega Dreamer

Re: Is Sega trolling us?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 12:35:39 pm »
I'm always dreamin'.  :)  Reason why I'm so tough on Sega is cuz I love them.   I want them to do better.  I know they can.  Right now, they are on the verge of a true renaissance!