Author Topic: Capcom is allowing "Hostile Takeover" Buyout  (Read 83378 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Capcom is allowing "Hostile Takeover" Buyout
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2014, 08:20:06 am »
Never said it was. Just that consoles sales of Hardware games are very healthy and in some cases better than ever .

What do you even mean? In anyway context is key;

If you mean hardware sales, this is debatable. Last generation we had 3 consoles that have managed to sell over 80 million units, so far we have a healthy platform, a mediocre platform and a poor selling platform.

If you're going to argue that the PS4 + Xbox One are selling better than all consoles before it in the adjusted timeframe, again, context is key. The Wii U was Nintendo's best selling console and outstripping demand on the Wii in it's first three months, what happened after that? Complete collapse in sales.

What has happened to the Xbox One after January? Sales have fallen into the sub 200,000 units region (And 2 months to sub 100,000 units) in the US, showing that it is not in any form a healthy platform at the time being. Likewise the Playstation 4's sales have slowed down in the US and Europe and it's facing irrelevance in Japan. So far there isn't enough to suggest the uptake in Europe or America will make up for the declining sales in Japan.

If you're arguing about software sales, against, context is key. One title selling well does not prove the market is in any way or shape healthy, it only shows that particular software is selling well.

Its a fad that is simply not sustainable for big AAA games . Sure for games that are only meant to be played on the move or the kill off the odd boring 10 mins - your typical smart phone game . But games that people like to play for hours on end , I can't see it at all .

fad
fad/
noun
noun: fad; plural noun: fads

An intense and widely shared enthusiasm for something, especially one that is short-lived; a craze.

MMO's have been getting more and more popular, not randomly exploded in the scene. Second they have been around since the late 90s/early 00s, therefore they are not short lived either.

Finally, how many AAA games do we have being produced at the moment? About a third of them. So the titles are not sustainable in many market places because the market is not there to support but a limited amount of them.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2014, 09:39:34 am »
This this coming from the guy that gets Ubisoft, SEGA, Capcom profits totally wrong and even tries and puts down Gamestop has a games publisher ?

I just deal with the facts mum  and the fact are consoles games sell better, like it or lump it - Those are the facts .

What the facts that everybody is effectively backing me up on but in more precise detail?
I also didn't say anything about Ubisoft and i never said Gamestop was a publisher but that site is defiantly correct in their satistics.  Also i didn't get any of their profits wrong either..you haven't proven that either.Its funny that since i've been talking about Capcom for nearly two years now..all the evidence since then has made my case stronger and yours weaker.

Again i'm not wrong because the FACTS back me up more than it does you. That's the difference.

Everyone knows Capcom is in trouble, Everyone knows that the PC market is a very strong market and everyone knows that Segasammy has been raking it in. All you've done since you've invaded this topic is twist, spin, lie and keep comparing titles that always make money as your back up and then contradict yourself in doing that.
I'm not flogging a dead horse when the race is clearly won by someone else...its sad really..how elitist and arrogant you have become..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:41:11 am by ROJM »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2014, 09:46:41 am »
What do you even mean? In anyway context is key;

If you mean hardware sales, this is debatable. Last generation we had 3 consoles that have managed to sell over 80 million units, so far we have a healthy platform, a mediocre platform and a poor selling platform.

If you're going to argue that the PS4 + Xbox One are selling better than all consoles before it in the adjusted timeframe, again, context is key. The Wii U was Nintendo's best selling console and outstripping demand on the Wii in it's first three months, what happened after that? Complete collapse in sales.

What has happened to the Xbox One after January? Sales have fallen into the sub 200,000 units region (And 2 months to sub 100,000 units) in the US, showing that it is not in any form a healthy platform at the time being. Likewise the Playstation 4's sales have slowed down in the US and Europe and it's facing irrelevance in Japan. So far there isn't enough to suggest the uptake in Europe or America will make up for the declining sales in Japan.

If you're arguing about software sales, against, context is key. One title selling well does not prove the market is in any way or shape healthy, it only shows that particular software is selling well.

fad
fad/
noun
noun: fad; plural noun: fads

An intense and widely shared enthusiasm for something, especially one that is short-lived; a craze.

MMO's have been getting more and more popular, not randomly exploded in the scene. Second they have been around since the late 90s/early 00s, therefore they are not short lived either.

Finally, how many AAA games do we have being produced at the moment? About a third of them. So the titles are not sustainable in many market places because the market is not there to support but a limited amount of them.

A fad..LOL!
When companies see a profit for a game that doesn't cost even a tenth of the money going into a AAA console game production than its obvious where their priorities are going to go. Sega as a company has always been quick to go into new technologies and markets..which is why their foresight in a way has started to benefit the company while others are languishing behind.
And a AAA game doesn't even mean high end production. Its a wording that means a key title that the company will get behind because they feel it can make the most money. Many of Sega AAA games are now in the mobile digital and MMO part of the business. Just like it was when consoles was the main money maker back in the nineties. Or when arcades was the dominant force during the 80s. A AAA title changes on what tis the profitable platform for the company at the time.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2014, 08:25:21 pm »
I give up my argument. Sorry, but saying that people who play free to play games like Dota 2/LOL only play it for 10 mins is literally the stupidest shit I have heard considering 1 match lasts 40 mins.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2014, 04:15:59 am »
I give up my argument. Sorry, but saying that people who play free to play games like Dota 2/LOL only play it for 10 mins is literally the stupidest shit I have heard considering 1 match lasts 40 mins.
You shouldn't...but your time is important...just realise its one of TA's tactics to keep on with nonsense that you can't be bothered anymore. Anyway you basically won it. 

Offline ROJM

« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2014, 11:26:56 am »
There's one thing i like to add from what TA said to you Aki...
I like the pun . But with Dread Rising 3 already selling a million and with work
going RE 7 and no doubt another Monster Hunter and a new IP and  a brand
new gen gen engine already done . Capcom are in better shape that SEGA Japan
consumer division at the mo .

And this is what's wrong with TA's thinking. Its set in the past and not the reality of today. As you and i know, aki..this is an erronous statement. Sega Consumer division includes the console games department,Sega Toys..the sega networks and the PC end. I even think the animation departments like TMS is included. But even if its not, collectivly they are making a whole lot more money and are in much better shape than Capcom is at the moment as a consumer depatment and as a company. When Atlus is officially added to the financial reports it will be even bigger returns since Atlus has had a very strong start to the year so far. Sega Networks alone has made more money on a single game than all of Capcom's biggest hits. So again TA you lose this one. Capcom just have their games and thats it. Sega has several COMPANIES in their consumer division and each are making money. Then add the company Segasammy as a whole and its not even a contest really..Capcom gets dumped on from a great height...even a greater height. So catch up old man..your line of thinking is quite outdated..you need to brush up more on todays gaming buisness...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:30:11 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2014, 03:13:49 pm »
Last generation we had 3 consoles that have managed to sell over 80 million units, so far we have a healthy platform, a mediocre platform and a poor selling platform.

75 million each  and 90 million plus for the Wii and its a matter of fact that the XBox One and PS4 is selling better than what the 360 and PS3 did at the same stage of their life cycle .

Nintendo's best selling console and outstripping demand on the Wii in it's first three months, what happened after that? Complete collapse in sales

No it wasn't . The Wii U 1st years weren't even close to that of the Cube, never mind the Wii . Looking over that, the Wii U its last gen hardware and a gimmick too far . The real gamers consoles are showing no signs of slowing down and have retail and full 3rd party support (the key difference) that will seen those console through

What has happened to the Xbox One after January? Sales have fallen into the sub 200,000 units region

I think you find sales have now doubled and 200,000 that's still better than the 360 could manage . And every console see's a decline in sales after the hype for a lauch

and it's facing irrelevance in Japan.

Like that  news . Its why if you make games for consoles you need to make games for the west and be multiplatform - Shame SOJ doesn't take note .

If you're arguing about software sales, against, [/size]context[/color][/size] is key[/color]

Sigh... There's no need to argue , The simple facts are that consoles games sales are better than PC games sales .

Sega as a company has always been quick to go into new technologies and markets..which is why their foresight in a way has started to benefit the company while others are languishing behind

What are you on about. All the major corps have gone digital and I wouldn't say too much but SEGA Japan is miles behind the leaders on mobile and digital 

I also didn't say anything about Ubisoft and i never said Gamestop was a publisher but that site is defiantly correct in their satistics.

No you just posted a piss poor link . Wouldn't say too much but anyone in to gaming knows Gamestop aren't a publisher for starters, but never mind .

Everyone knows Capcom is in trouble

They aren't

Segasammy has been raking it in

Sammy Yes . SEGA consumer teams have not been raking it in all . There's profits aren't that great and don't make up for the years of losses (even under sammy)

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2014, 03:23:56 pm »

Jesus, TA, get it together. How do you manage to consistently get the formatting so bizarre? Joe isn't quite as bad.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2014, 05:06:53 pm »
PC sales do not count

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2014, 05:07:57 pm »
PC sales do not count

What do you mean?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2014, 04:06:13 am »

75 million each  and 90 million plus for the Wii and its a matter of fact
that the XBox One and PS4 is selling better than what the 360 and PS3 did at the
same stage of their life cycle .

But the market didn't decrease at the time of those sales either...Maybe the poor showing of the Wii U is a sign that not many consumers outsidde of gamers a re going for game systems.

No it wasn't . The Wii U 1st years
weren't even close to that of the Cube, never mind the Wii . Looking over that,
the Wii U its last gen hardware and a gimmick too far . The real gamers consoles
are showing no signs of slowing down and have retail and full 3rd party support
(the key difference) that will seen those console through

But they have slowed down. Calm down you don't need to shout... :D

I think you find sales have now doubled and 200,000 that's still better than the
360 could manage . And every console see's a decline in sales after the hype for
a lauch
Compared to the last gen...right.... ::)

Like that  news . Its why if you make games for consoles you need to make
games for the west and be multiplatform - Shame SOJ doesn't take note .

Yawn they did all that and  it didn't work..continue living under a tree...

Sigh... There's no need to argue , The simple facts are that consoles games
sales are better than PC games sales .
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA and HA...laughable...you haven't provided any actual proof in any detail and now you are having a tantrum because you realise you can't have any proof...Aki beat you so just admit it.

What are you on about. All the major corps have gone digital and I wouldn't say
too much but SEGA Japan is miles behind the leaders on mobile and digital 

And Capcom is miles behind..Sega is one of the leaders of that field since they've been on digital in japan from the onset back in 2003.So yet again it shows you're lack of knowledge.

No you just posted a piss poor link . Wouldn't say too much but anyone in to
gaming knows Gamestop aren't a publisher for starters, but never mind .
No i posted two links each of them correct. Keep harping on about it these are official satistics from an official company. Gsamestop would be included due to the exclusive deals they have. Point is it all corrilates that capcom is in trouble.Face it and accept it.

They aren't

They are .

Sammy Yes . SEGA consumer teams have not been raking it in all . There's profits
aren't that great and don't make up for the years of losses (even under sammy)

Sega yes. Miles ahead in revenue..FACT. ALL divisions in Sega make money from Arcade to Segatoys. The Consumer divisons are  making money...More than Capcom has in the last several years.... again stop living in 1983 and brush up on your finaces..

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:30:56 am by ROJM »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2014, 04:18:01 am »
Jesus, TA, get it together.

He hasn't got it together for years now.
As for formatting thats due to me using his quotes and not adjusting them by deleating the spaces..

Offline ROJM

« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2014, 04:18:48 am »

What do you mean?

They do count..ignore him..the guy is as bizarre as they come..

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2014, 08:57:41 am »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2014, 11:57:42 am »