Author Topic: Fan wank: Sega Boss Rush Megamix  (Read 3019 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Fan wank: Sega Boss Rush Megamix
« on: July 23, 2014, 08:35:58 am »
Okay, so here's my idea for a fucking Sega game:
We all choose our favourite boss/bosses from various Sega games, and try to think of a way to make a game that's essentially a big huge boss rush where you jump from boss to boss fighting them all.

Except, you need to fight them all using your character's gameplay style. So if Kazuma Kiryu was a selectable character, he would have to fight them with fists, random objects and heat moves like in a Yakuza game. So if one of the bosses was, say, The Magician from House of the Dead, Kazuma would need to fight him using BURNING SPIRIT to rush through the fireballs then FEEL THE HEAT and german suplex the Magician through the Curien Mansion window or something.

Alternatively if you used Sonic, you would need to fight The Magician by dodging fireball patterns, then when he swooped low, jump into him! The patterns change each time, sometimes he does a swooping attack that you need to avoid. Repeat 8 times to defeat him and free the cute animal that's inside.

I don't really know where this is going but let's start suggesting ideas and have a big ol' fan wank, like back in the old days.

List the boss, game they are from and where you think they would be placed in a Boss Rush (difficulty related), as well as some general ideas. The main character/s from that game can be used in later posts to imagine a scenario where they need to fight the other bosses suggested.

Let's stick to one boss per post to start!!

Boss: Jeanne
Game: Bayonetta
Placement: Mid to late boss
Notes: Much like her appearance in Bayonetta, this fight would have to take place on a skyscraper or city skyline, lots of environmental destruction and big attacks. Jeanne would use fast combination attacks up close, while using weak but harassing guns at long range.
After a certain amount of damage she'll start throwing missiles and buildings and using Wicked Weave moves against you as well that do massive damage and usually just need to be avoided at any cost.

This is going to be the best topic.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: Fan wank: Sega Boss Rush Megamix
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 08:58:46 pm »
All speculation in regards to this will fail since the greatest Boss Rush machine was already created: Seven Force

Fact: You do not beat Seven Force. You can only hope to survive it.

Fact: When Seven Force dreams, a new Virtual On game is created.

Fact: In the hallowed Console Wars, Nintendo supporters, with their slower processors could not believe such a thing as Seven Force could exist. Those people are known as Seven Force deniers.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 07:56:56 am »
^I like it, Seven Force is a boss rush in it's own right. I would need to place that somewhere near the end of the game for sure!

Bayonetta vs Seven Force would be fun as hell too, doesn't take too much imagination to think of Bayo vs a 50ft robot changing form.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 06:51:32 pm »
^I like it, Seven Force is a boss rush in it's own right. I would need to place that somewhere near the end of the game for sure!

Bayonetta vs Seven Force would be fun as hell too, doesn't take too much imagination to think of Bayo vs a 50ft robot changing form.

Yeah, Bayo's the only one that can take him on. The original Bayonetta being what it was, Seven Force would have totally fit in as one of the bosses. Ah too bad. Makes me wonder what Treasure's been up to recently.

Not to completely hijack the thread or anything, but did you hear that the Bayo 1 remake will allow you to swap the halos for mario coins? I think I'm gonna barf.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 12:41:26 pm »
Boss: Captain Onishima
Game: Jet Set Radio/ Yakuza  :P 
Placement: Very Early

Boss Notes: This boss battle would take place in the "Grind Square" level from Jet Set Radio (seems like a great setting for an early boss). It's be a staggered boss battle - more of a grind. You'd battle your way through the cops, then riot police, then tank. Onishima himself is intermittently sniping at you from one of those damn helicopters. The explosion from the tank will cause the helicopter to crash and then you fight him. Cans of spray paint in the battle can be picked up to blind the enemies.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 12:49:01 pm »
Sorry to double post, but you did say one boss per post.

Second:

Boss: Mecha-Godzilla
Game: Shinobi III
Placement: Near the end

Boss Notes: I would put this bad boy in Speed Highway from Sonic Adventure. You go along the highway making sure you don't get hit with his fire or tail trying to make your way to his head to kill him.

Offline lorde

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2023, 07:42:54 pm »
I appreciate what you share in the post. Thanks to your post, I have gained a lot of new and useful knowledge. aa route planner