Author Topic: Sonic Adventure 3  (Read 4662 times)

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
Sonic Adventure 3
« on: January 24, 2017, 09:06:44 am »
It's something that Sega fans have repeated over and over again. I know S.A. 1 & 2 were console based games, but there will be a Shenmue III after all those rumors. Do you think a Sonic Adventure 3 should be in the works in the near future?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Sonic Adventure 3
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 09:40:18 am »
No.

Shenmue III as a game and title makes perfect sense. Shenmue is a sequential series that needed a third game to continue the series. Meanwhile, Sonic has had games before and after Adventure 2 that continued the story and the series. Sonic 4's intent was to continue the 2D gameplay which really had been missing from home consoles since Sonic 3 & Knuckles. But 3D Sonic, which the Adventure series represents, had continued on since SA2 with several titles. Some very different, some very similar to the Adventure formula.

If a Sonic Adventure 3 was made in the near future, what would be the point of the title? We have already seen games continue the storyline of SA2 (Heroes, Shadow), we have already seen games continue the gameplay style (Unleashed, 06), and since Unleashed SEGA has given the Sonic series a light reboot where storyline between games isn't as big a deal and games themselves have adopted some elements of the Adventure series and some new elements.

Basically, I don't really see a point.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 04:41:56 pm »
Chao. The point is chao. And anime style story. And Jun Senuoe. All in one package with an epic adventure feel
SEG4GES

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 05:01:49 pm »
I second everything that Barry said, exept for the '06 and Unleashed gameplay, and believe it or not, I think '06 was better than Unleashed.

The reason Shenmue 3 was a good idea - which I didn't even think that would happen - is because there were other chapters written that were left out of the game series.

It is also worth noting that there was a Sonic Adanced 3. Not the same type of game, but it takes place in some of the same levels.

I also don't think SEGA will/should ever make a new game console, if that's where this is going. It's just that they wouldn't have anything better to offer than Microsoft and Sony when they release the new consoles in 2019.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:03:32 pm by Spock »

Offline NiGHTSDrEAMS

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 11:02:52 pm »
Actually there is a Sonic Adventure 3 but it's a fan made game! Here is a video I found on some of the game play. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1bLfwDo6R0
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:05:03 pm by NiGHTSDrEAMS »

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 11:23:15 am »
Maybe not SA3, but a game with that sort of vision would be fine. It would need changes from SA to fit into the modern style of gameplay that Generations and Colours have. They've got Sonic's gameplay right, but they would need to work on the others to make sure it add something positive to the game.

Maybe something like:

Sonic/Shadow = Flowing multi-path platforming with speed.
Espio = level design based on simply infrating etc without being seen.
Tails = Level design around flying or puzzles.

As long as they get the mechaincs right, it could be a lot of fun.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:33:36 am by Tad »

Offline Dreampool

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 02:56:22 pm »
I'd rather have a prequel game called Sonic Adventure Zero. It will be closer in game play to SA1. The plot will have something to do with Tikal and the Ancient Knuckles Clan. It will have a Chao Garden and a Crush 40 soundtrack.

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 04:11:44 pm »
I'd rather have a prequel game called Sonic Adventure Zero. It will be closer in game play to SA1. The plot will have something to do with Tikal and the Ancient Knuckles Clan. It will have a Chao Garden and a Crush 40 soundtrack.

Would have been cool to see a Knuckles game based on his comics.  :p  Ah well.
Be like water.