Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 278343 times)

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #270 on: August 30, 2014, 03:23:51 am »
What,Sarah palin busting out with two guns and skimpy clothing which is really her hair and wearing high heels? The only similarity is the hair style and they both wear glasses...

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 03:29:58 am by Ben »

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #271 on: August 30, 2014, 05:37:06 am »

Really that's the best you can do... ::)

Offline ROJM

« Reply #272 on: August 30, 2014, 12:40:29 pm »
Finally a release date!

Since there's no mention of a Bayo 2 bundle, I guess I'm safe to buy a Wii-U now then. I'll probably pick it up sometime next week via the refurb option on the website  :afroman:

Well if you want a bundle i'd wait until they announce it..i'm sure they'll do one for Japan via some exclusive service...dunno about the west..but it loks like they may give a bundle out..maybe after the game is released and if its a big hit for the Wii...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #273 on: September 01, 2014, 10:15:45 am »
Bayonetta hate? SMH. Ben deserves to be bumped down to negative kudos.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #274 on: September 01, 2014, 02:18:48 pm »
Bayonetta hate? SMH. Ben deserves to be bumped down to negative kudos.

"How i learned to stop hating and love the guns and specs.."

A BAYONETTA love story by Ben...

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #275 on: September 01, 2014, 02:58:40 pm »
I never got the Palin comparisons with Bayonetta. Near as I can tell, it's because they're both white women with glasses, and Bayonetta gets the stigma because her game was revealed and marketed at a time when Palin was still relevant.

Still, can't deny that a LOT of people I know make the comparison, so...

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #276 on: September 01, 2014, 08:19:16 pm »
Late but whatever, not like we have much else to talk about.

lol dude I didn't say they got Sarah Palin down to every microscopic detail..........but yeah, I don't really know what else to say, I look at that picture and see definitively that they look alike. I'm surprised you'd even post that picture because when I look at it, all I see is "wow, they look alike."

Different eyes, lips, jaw and nose are not microscopic detail, it's pretty much the major details in someone's face.

I mean outside of my nose, eyes, jaws and lips me and Tiger Woods look almost identical.

Still, can't deny that a LOT of people I know make the comparison, so...

I see it all the time and think it's the same sort of reaction I get from people who think any colourful platformer is "Just like Sonic."

Offline ROJM

« Reply #277 on: September 02, 2014, 06:14:21 am »
To be fair you can see Ben's point on why the comparison exists...we can all try to act like smart alecs but the similarities exist for people to draw that comparison. If BAYONETTA came out before Palin became popular, that comparison would still be made. Anyhow its only a comparison gamers make..the mainstream doesn't really know who Bayonetta is as a character...

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #278 on: September 02, 2014, 06:21:47 am »
Bayonetta being a Soccer Mum?

Sarah Palin being a Gun Weilding Witch?

Is this real life?
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #279 on: September 02, 2014, 06:32:37 am »
Nah I think the devers just decided to do westernized characters over eastern. To take advantage of the 3d since Eastern people of Asia are more easy to do in detail ( of course I am not talking about Russia or India ). Otherwise Bay would have turned out to be more animated like it's manga. Even so the character was made to be western.

Like take how many Western faces appear in the Lupin the 3rd. monthly comic strips. They even had X-files and Britney Spears mock ups.

Lastly about Palin, I wouldn't mind fighting in her army. If it was between her and Hilldog I would have to choose her. Hillary already have too many lies and makes changes in her words. Palin might be a puppet of some sort but she is also more or less a variant of Bush. I don't really think women canadates have what it takes to actually be for the people and not just be other Bushes or Obamas.
I do not think Obama is all that bad at all either. Yes this is going off topic but somebody brought up the comparison issue.

About British sexy hot. Yeah everything is completely opposite. Like that episode in South Park where Palin was just acting on stage and walking off she has an manish angry English educated voice. So if their was an comparison that would be it.

The way I view Bay; they took Mary Poppins gave her glasses, tear her skirt, and made her loose the hat and put her her up in one. That is all.

Truly unsatifying and unsexy. I mean I just do not get it. Must be American lust from the far east. As many Japanese people in our age groups all have grown up admiring the west. Even now they have drama's showing how "Grandma" ( from the 1980's ) is sitting at her traditional Geisha table, while the kids and parents are sitting up high ( like westerners ). It is terrible and sick to see such ways of thinking. I miss the greasy street atmosphere of shows and the way people are. Nowadays it is so damn western. Even the Uniform get-up is lame cleets ( plad ) that is extra fine. It takes the fun out of it anymore. Other Asian nations have wanna-be people nowadays. I like them a lot more.
Next ten years; they all might be like us.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #280 on: September 05, 2014, 08:27:23 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0phuu6KkTMM

Nintendo Direct on Bayo 2 earlier today, new trailer and EU gets some cool special edition!
I guess there will be no bundle with the console, so looks like I'm buying a refurb this week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fauZ4wm9z-0

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/475913/bayonetta-2-eu-release-date-set-first-print-edition-revealed/

Also more Nintendo fanservice:

Offline ROJM

« Reply #281 on: September 05, 2014, 08:33:10 am »
Good to see the Sega logo back up..with the rights firmly established as well in this trailer. This should hopefully stop the talk that Sega doesn't own Bayonetta or not being involved at least in some capacity with bay 2.

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #282 on: September 05, 2014, 02:07:30 pm »
Actually SEGA still work with Bayo 2, here is some information:

http://www.revogamers.net/noticias/wii-u/sega-se-involucra-en-bayonetta-2-como-editor-su-bso-14131.html

Yes is in spanish but for the ones that dont read it basically said that SEGA (WAVEMASTER more precisaly) will release the BSO (In spanish the soundtrack) of Bayonetta 2 in a seperate way than the game.

In a different topic...i am one of the few is the page than can speak spanish? XD.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #283 on: September 05, 2014, 03:07:48 pm »
Meeeeahhhhhhhh......................This game never needed a sequel to beging with. Just more of the same stuff. I remember other series where characters went to the under world. They never needed no hyper bike, or whatever transforming thing.

Sir Light is alive and well.
Another Light witch arises.
Sir Light ubducts her and takes a new form
Continues with plans from previous game to do what Mother/00 of Evangelion did
Bayleaf uses Leaf-cutter, vine-whip, and solar beam for finish

I bet they will have some sorta Dragon Ball fighting along with Matrix and showing off of action.
Can you turn those things off?

It is going to be a great game eitherway. But just more of the same kind of game.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #284 on: September 06, 2014, 07:41:42 am »
Actually SEGA still work with Bayo 2, here is some information:

http://www.revogamers.net/noticias/wii-u/sega-se-involucra-en-bayonetta-2-como-editor-su-bso-14131.html

Yes is in spanish but for the ones that dont read it basically said that SEGA (WAVEMASTER more precisaly) will release the BSO (In spanish the soundtrack) of Bayonetta 2 in a seperate way than the game.

In a different topic...i am one of the few is the page than can speak spanish? XD.

Of course...but people here have said sega has NOTHING to do with this title...regardless of the fact thatt hey own the IP...intially funded a part of the game... help set up the deal for Nintendo to take over funding....consulted on the title...the original code for Bay 1.. and now the wavemaster factor...