Author Topic: Isolation Sequel  (Read 3951 times)

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
Isolation Sequel
« on: May 19, 2017, 05:35:57 pm »
https://www.psu.com/news/32800/alien-isolation-2-news

Sega could be releasing a third installment into the Alien series.

Let's just hope it's at least five hundred times better than the last two.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Isolation Sequel
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 05:29:20 am »
Sega has released 3 Alien games.
v Predator
Colonial Marines
Isolation

Isolation was great
SEG4GES

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:08:32 am »
Pretty sure Eurogamer said this isn't true and a lot of the Team have also now left SEGA Europe.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 12:10:32 pm »
Sega has released 3 Alien games.
v Predator
Colonial Marines
Isolation

Isolation was great

AVP was on snes and game boy too, wasn't it?  I have the game boy one.  :)
Be like water.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 07:57:49 am »
AVP was on snes and game boy too, wasn't it?  I have the game boy one.  :)
Yes. But I'm referring to the last gen game, which was made by Sega.

Also, the team leaving doesn't mean there won't be a new game. What.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 07:27:19 am »
https://www.psu.com/news/32800/alien-isolation-2-news

Sega could be releasing a third installment into the Alien series.

Let's just hope it's at least five hundred times better than the last two.

I'm a bit confused by this. The last two was Colonial Marines and Isolation, and while the former was a joke which Sega should been ashamed to have released, the latter was great. In fact, I'd argue Isolation and the original Alien film are the best the franchise has ever had. Aliens was good in it's own way, but it lost it's feeling.

I hope we get another Isolation game in the future, but I'm in no rush. I'd rather they really took their time and got it right.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:37:55 am by Tad »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 10:10:16 am »
To be fair, Colonial Marines is still better than most of the franchises movies.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 11:05:55 am »
True. It really is a series that hit the gutter, isn't it. I'd be very happy if they created another film and say Weaver was just having nightmares due to being in cryosleep for so long.

When they do make a sequel to Isolation, I really hope they build on the other mechanics as I think just playing hide and seek won't be well received again. Personally, I'd kind of go the aliens route and have you land on a planet that has a small base for mining but instead of getting there and finding things bad, it should start off fine and go bad over time.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 06:04:08 am »
I never have played Isolation, but I have heard from other sources that it was bad. I know for a fact Colonial Marines was terrible.

Offline Tad

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 07:30:08 am »
I'd seriously suggest you give Isolation ago or even youtube a let's play as whoever told you it was bad is just wrong in my opinion. Just to give you some background, I'm not someone who likes everything Sega does nor do I rate everything they do as great, but I really do think Isolation was one of the best games of that year.

The story is great, they captured the atmosphere and characters perfectly with the film and the mechanics are soild. My only really complaints are one section in the game that could have been skipped (androids) and sometimes although not true, it can feel like you're stuck just hiding in the same place for ages. As I said though, you can get round it. You just have to be brave and go for it or be smart. For example, there was a group of enemies in my way and it was proven difficult to get round them. So, instead of doing so, I lured the alien to them by using a noise maker and hid. The enemies realised what was going on, tried to run themselves, but the alien got them first.

I then waiting for the alien to get bored and snuck out. There's loads of moments like that where you can really do something different.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 07:34:28 am by Tad »