Author Topic: 'Awwww Shiiii-' Gaming Moments  (Read 6343 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
'Awwww Shiiii-' Gaming Moments
« on: April 22, 2012, 06:01:30 am »
So I want to discuss moments in games, old and new, that made you literally shout or yell something out at the screen in awe, excitement, fear or similar. It would be cool to tell us the game and what you actually yelled (even if it's just WOW) and why. I'll kick things off

Shining Force III: "Yes, yes, piss off please, just go away damn it!"
Spoilers:
This was when you meet the High Priest Fiale the second time in SFIII Scenario 1. At this point in the game, the difficulty was starting to jump up (it was the first time I'd played and still had an iffy grip on the mechanics and didn't know what to expect). I'd just faught a massive fight against his minions and the thought of facing off against a High Priest of Bulzome scared the crap out of me, knowing he would wreck what remained of my party. He eventually says something like "I'll deal with you later Synbios, farewell!" and I was so relieved that I would make it out alive I involuntarily yelled at the screen.

Shenmue: "Awww man, this is a damn Jackie Chan movie..."
The 70 man battle royal. That whole bit with the sweeping camera with Ryo and Guizhang was one of the most epic and cinematic moments in gaming I'd ever seen.

Shenmue II: "Holy Crap, this is awesome" (or something to that effect)
The Yellow Head building showdown. 'nuff said.

Mafia 2: "Oh my Gawd, that's the car!"
It was the car. This will only make sense to people who have finished the first game, but it. was. THAT. car. I had theories that it would crop up in the game, but when it did it still blew me away. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it, and for those who have, they already know what I'm talking about.

Yakuza 4: "A Boss rush!? Are you kidding me!? Are you freakin' kidding me!?"
The end of the tower fight, I won't say anymore to avoid spoilers, but without giving too much away, it contains a freakin' boss rush. And it's awesome.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: 'Awwww Shiiii-' Gaming Moments
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 01:21:22 pm »
Those Shenmue moments were unreal :D

I've got a ton that come to mind. I'll try and keep them short to avoid spoilers and such.

- Jumping up and slamming a sword through Gannon's forehead in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker(aka, the most cartoonish game in the series).
- That final portal in Portal 2.
- The cabin scene in Resident Evil 4.
- The cargo plane sequence in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
- Getting to the point where you're rolling up entire continents in Katamari Damacy.
- Punching a certain large cat in the face in Yakuza 2 (also, the majority of the heat finishes in any Yakuza game).
- The first time you beast-out in Altered Beast.
- Getting that last peg in Peggle.
- Waking up in the future in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time to find that most people are dead, and the town is overrun by zombies.
- Metal Gear Rex vs. Metal Gear Ray in MGS4.
- The 13th Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus.
- The boss rush at the end of Rez

Also, pretty much the entirety of No More Heroes/No More Heroes 2, Baynetta, and Vanquish.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 08:08:43 pm »
Batman: Arkham Asylum

Spoilers: The part where I thought the game had crashed on me.

Resonance of Fate

Overwhelming amount of joy everytime I had beaten a very difficult boss.

Deadly Premonition

Almost everything in the game was "WTF" moment.

Condemned 2

The stage that takes place in the woods. Nervous through the entire stage.

Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper

The crime scenes.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 07:43:58 am »
Shenmue 2
Yellow Head building. All of it.

Binary Domain
The huge hopping spider.

Sonic Unleashed
The first time I boosted.

Bayonetta
Too many moments to count.

Offline Deekman

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 09:29:05 am »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 05:26:47 pm »
Gotta agree on a lot of these, Uncharted 3's cargo plane moment was fantastic (as was the Train in Uncharted 2).

The Arkham Asylum 'crash' was so memorable too.

Max, the Condemned 2 level, is that with the Bear? If so, that is the SINGLE scariest part of any game I've ever played. I've never felt so panicked during a game as that bit.

As for Bayonetta, I have to agree there were a lot of great moments too, can't really choose just one.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 06:43:49 pm »
Gotta agree on a lot of these, Uncharted 3's cargo plane moment was fantastic (as was the Train in Uncharted 2).

The Arkham Asylum 'crash' was so memorable too.

Max, the Condemned 2 level, is that with the Bear? If so, that is the SINGLE scariest part of any game I've ever played. I've never felt so panicked during a game as that bit.

As for Bayonetta, I have to agree there were a lot of great moments too, can't really choose just one.

Yep, that's the one. Personally, the department store manequins from the first game messed me up pretty good. The bear from Condemned 2 comes at a very close.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 11:33:32 am »
Shenmue I: 70 man battle, and the ending. From "taking Guizhang out" to the end was just amazing.

Shenmue II: Of course, the Yellow Head Building roof all the way to the end was also breathtaking. Some people view Guilin as boring, but it was just plain beautiful. It had the best environments I had ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous. Plus, I love how from the moment you meet Shenhua, things just build up SO MUCH to the ending. Magnificent.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 01:55:54 pm »
Shenmue I: 70 man battle, and the ending. From "taking Guizhang out" to the end was just amazing.

Shenmue II: Of course, the Yellow Head Building roof all the way to the end was also breathtaking. Some people view Guilin as boring, but it was just plain beautiful. It had the best environments I had ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous. Plus, I love how from the moment you meet Shenhua, things just build up SO MUCH to the ending. Magnificent.
I'm right there with you on Guilin. Breathtaking graphics for the time.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 10:24:41 pm »
Even now. Shenmue's graphics stand the test of time very well.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 06:50:39 pm »
I've had a few of those while playing Fable II...

Not the good kind of "Aaaawww Shiii-" moments, though. You guys will not beleive just how many just insane glitches this game has. I was having fun till now, but right now the glitches are just pissing me off.