Author Topic: ''Oh, Yay, Another Mario Game.'' Step up to Playstation 2/20  (Read 43048 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: ''Oh, Yay, Another Mario Game.'' Step up to Playstation 2/20
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 06:24:21 pm »
Not a nintendo fan or anything, but I got great respect for their work and how they create their games. Everyone is like following hypes and going with what's popular, while nintendo keeps doing its own thing. Basically what i'm trying to say is that even though wii was a failure(not sales wise anyway), I prefer nintendo's gamedesign philosophies more.

You know, since i'm posting anyway, let me just say this.

I think the reason why the Wii U hasn't done too well is simply because of financial reasons. I am not poor or anything, but I also can't put getting a wii u as priority right now. I would have definitly if times weren't so rough as they are today. This is a personal thing, but I think this is the case in general.

Another problem is that the Wii U doesn't have a system seller yet. There's no software bringing me to desperation to get a WII U.

However I think nintendo made a smart decision keeping the console affordable. Everyone would agree that the wii had terrible graphics. But honestly I think todays gen consoles look fine period. I don't think todays graphics will ever look "ugly". Hence I find the decision smart that they went with visual power that look "fine". Not next gen but fine.

Anyway my point is that I think the ps4 might fail. I think it will fail for the same reason as psvita. Having expensive and better hardware is not a good thing at all. If anyhing, the psvita has proved it being the opposite right now. The higher the standards, the higher the expecations of people will be. This will make companies hesitate about developing a game because 1. it will cost a lot of time 2. It will cost a lot of money 3 Hence not many games will come out on the long run. Because if any game gets developed and looks or plays like last gen games, they will not do well.

An expensive console within these tough times will simply not work. The playerbase will be small even though great software may come out. The initial sales will be decisive for whether 3rd party companies will join developing. Just like previous gen, there will also be some companies taking the risk, and going bankrupt.

However just like how it's cheap to develop for the 3ds, it'll be cheap to develop for the wii u as well. At least cheaper. Both 3ds and Wii U have "fine" graphics now. The 3DS has become very succeful with great software. I think this will be the case for Wii U as well.

Just my 2 cents. Everything I said may be complete bull. I would also like to recommend anyone to read this blog about how sony lost its identity in the couple of years.

http://www.ign.com/blogs/megabusterlegends3/2013/02/05/rip-sony/

« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:05:04 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 06:52:46 pm »
But duude Nintendo sucks and the PS4 is bawllin'
SEG4GES

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 09:33:58 pm »
lol chad warden seriously needs to come back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYIep7bmQxo

youtube embeds broken at the moment, sorry

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 10:10:52 pm »
Lol. Saying all that and keeping it aside, a new console is always a great event so i'd lie if i wasn't excited. Hope sony makes something out of it. Rumors are saying the last guardian development moved to ps4, so that's a thing that ought to excite people.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 05:21:32 am »
I want to see how Fifa runs in that thing.
Fifa is always a good barometer of the graphical fidelity a console has.
SEG4GES

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 10:14:48 am »
I want to see how Fifa runs in that thing.
Fifa is always a good barometer of the graphical fidelity a console has.

just a bunch of green skunk. and some peeps hitting a ball.

it doesnt really have a distance rate or many color palettes. lets be honest

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 11:43:28 am »
just a bunch of green skunk. and some peeps hitting a ball.

it doesnt really have a distance rate or many color palettes. lets be honest
Check screenshots of FIFA94, then FIFA 99, then 2004, then FIFA09.
If you can't see a generational gap in every 5 years of FIFA, sorry but you are retarded :)

Each gen brings a new engine. There are few games with such developed AI and physics. The graphics engine must handle at least 25 fully detailed characters on screen at the same time. The framerate needs to be smooth and consistent. Online can't have any lag at all or the game is unplayable. The Sound needs to be the most immersive and authentic than any other game (football fans know every single on field sound by heart, it has to be perfect). The gameplay needs to be fast and spot on.

FIFA is the best system seller game ever since it's introduction.
It is, as I said, one of the best barometers of gameplay/graphics fidelity of any console.

Any system can deliver 16mil+ colors. Not every system can deliver a good footy game.
SEG4GES

Offline DJaw

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 10:57:43 pm »
Not gon lie. I think Nintendo not gonna be able to win because iwata and miyamoto. I dunno. Nintendo was maybe cool in the 90's. Also bit in gamecube time. But now I see iwata and miyamoto laughing too much. I dunno it just something I been noticing
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:26:34 pm by Will »

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 11:26:46 pm »
hey djaw, i had to edit your post. Stay away from the personal insults. There is no need to call iwata and miyamoto nasty names, you can talk bad about them by actually talking about what they do that is wrong!

I'm not a fan of them either, but I don't go around calling them derogatory names. Next time it will be a warning.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:28:46 pm by Will »

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 01:04:00 am »
I wonder if Killzone 4 will be revealed as Guerrilla's PS4 game?

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 02:49:47 am »
I love this strategy. It's about time someone went back to old school trash talk marketing.  I'm excited for the future of video games, not because I want to own every piece of new hardware,  but because I'm a gamer and I want to see what everyone has to offer.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 05:00:06 pm »
There's just so much hype for this everywhere. I can't remember so much hype for a console launche since ever unless i've missed something.

Don't know if this is a good thing though. They could like really not live up to the expectations. But if they do, i'll be very very surprised.

Can't wait for tomorrow. 1 day left

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 05:23:03 pm »
I can't remember so much hype for a console launche since ever unless i've missed something.
The PS2 launch was something else. To the point of almost destroying all competition just by the fact that it would be released someday.

But this isn't a launch yet. It's just the announcement! If Sony plays this right it can destroy competition again.
Weird thing is that this time I'm on Sony's side. Feels weird tho
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 06:04:35 pm »
Yeah I think i missed the ps2 launch. No internetz at that time. Sony seems very self confident with the hype they've probably expected to be created. It would almost seem impossible to live up this amount of hype but if they do i'ma give them props and take everything I said back

That said though, i'm not getting the ps4 myself in probably a long while.