Author Topic: Ben Plato's 2014 Niche Dreamcast 2 petition suddenly picks up Steam!!  (Read 66276 times)

Offline EnternalHope

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Sega fan for Life.
Re: Ben Plato's 2014 Niche Dreamcast 2 petition suddenly picks up Steam!!
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2015, 08:13:35 pm »
I have to side with JRcade. When i went on the site, i thought i was on the Star Citizen website. You guys need to polish up the site asap if you want to be taken seriously, it looks really unprofessional.

We will have it ready and fixed in 3 weeks.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2015, 07:55:37 am »
Putting a SEGA logo with the registered trademark and all is really sleazy and would get a c&d from the real SEGA very quickly.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2015, 11:21:56 am »
Yeah, sticking a SEGA badge on it isn't a good move. You'd be better off just taking it off and claiming it's a spiritual successor or fan driven attempt to rekindle a movement for another console.

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2015, 11:33:39 am »
Putting a SEGA logo with the registered trademark and all is really sleazy and would get a c&d from the real SEGA very quickly.

Not if we have actual Sega of Japan interns endorsing it.

You seemed to have forgotten the 1999 Nintendo fansite project Dolphin. THAT was officially ENDORSED by Nintendo.

The SEGA logo is a Registered Trademark of SEGA Holdings,Co,Ltd, but if it appears without the Registry stamp and is not being distributed on the market or reproduced or falsely used or claimed as being an affiliate of SEGA, it is NOT grounds for IP violation.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:40:09 pm by EnternalHope »

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2015, 11:46:07 am »
Sega's Interns are just that....Interns. They have next to no power in what the company ultimately does. They're there for Job training purposes.

Engineering Interns could also endorse Sega entering the Defense industry to cash in on money from the JDSF. It doesn't mean it would happen.

Offline Tad

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2015, 11:51:41 am »
Yeah, interns have no power. It doesn't really matter what they say. This could actually be quite bad for them if SEGA find out they're just letting people use their name without official consent.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2015, 12:00:11 pm »
Uh... somebody interning at a company supporting a project is not the same as official company support. Using the SEGA logo, registered trademark and all, is wrong and a very bad idea if you want eventual SEGA support.

Notice SEGAbits uses the logo, sans ®, and we explicitly state on the bottom of the site that we are unofficial. On top of that, we do not make a cent off the site or the use of the SEGA logo.

In your case, you are attempting to create a product for financial gain. At the moment you do not have SEGA's support, approval, or blessing. So use of the logo is both wrong and comes off as an attempt to deceive visitors that it is an official product.

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2015, 12:42:01 pm »
Sega's Interns are just that....Interns. They have next to no power in what the company ultimately does. They're there for Job training purposes.

Engineering Interns could also endorse Sega entering the Defense industry to cash in on money from the JDSF. It doesn't mean it would happen.

The interns are actually being hired to work in the lower tier levels at the new divisions of SEGA Holdings.

Plus the ones we've spoken to happen to have shareholders and say on matter of suggestions to Chairboard executives.

That's how CSR applies to Japanese business law. Interns can act as shareholders with tiny shares of the company.

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2015, 12:52:00 pm »
Uh... somebody interning at a company supporting a project is not the same as official company support. Using the SEGA logo, registered trademark and all, is wrong and a very bad idea if you want eventual SEGA support.

Notice SEGAbits uses the logo, sans ®, and we explicitly state on the bottom of the site that we are unofficial. On top of that, we do not make a cent off the site or the use of the SEGA logo.

In your case, you are attempting to create a product for financial gain. At the moment you do not have SEGA's support, approval, or blessing. So use of the logo is both wrong and comes off as an attempt to deceive visitors that it is an official product.

The SEGA logo is a Registered Trademark of SEGA Holdings,Co,Ltd, but if it appears without the Registry stamp and is not being distributed on the market or reproduced or falsely used or claimed as being an affiliate of SEGA, it is NOT grounds for IP violation.

[/color]Also, At SEGA Holdings,Co,Ltd Interns can act as shareholders. They are considered employees of SEGA, paid and under contract. If they are not 3rd party(which they aren't), they own tiny shares of the company. Although they don't have the final say or any authority, they are allowed to make suggestions as long as they are considered shareholders. That's part of the CSR and how Japanese Business laws work.

The rest of your comment, is not accurate in anyway. We state we are fans and have Sega of Japan interns helping us.

http://www.shenmue500k.co.uk/shenmue-and-the-connection-of-sega-and-its-hardware/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:54:13 pm by EnternalHope »

Offline EnternalHope

• Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2015, 01:19:37 pm »
One, the site is finally ready, and has the endorsement of Sega, I'll post an update on the thread.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2015, 01:50:18 pm »
SEGA of Japan interns = SEGA shareholders = official SEGA endorsement? Okay.

Also, need to do better photoshop then, because I still clearly see the ®:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:54:17 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2015, 02:53:55 pm »
This isn't supported by Sega if interns are backing it. That isn't how this works.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2015, 03:19:33 pm »
Seriously, best of luck guys. Don't say you weren't warned when you're hit with a cease & desist from SEGA.

I do sales & marketing work, i have an entire team dedicated to working on ads, websites, images, etc for our Company. If anyone used any of our images without contacting me or anyone in my team directly, i'd sue em.

Let me put this in other terms. If someone, let's say, in Customer Service authorized the usage of our images. Without my or other Manager's consent, there's a good chance they would get fired. I doubt any intern has that much pull at SEGA, good chance you'll get them canned as well.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:43:06 pm by pirovash88 »
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2015, 04:16:40 pm »
This isn't supported by Sega if interns are backing it. That isn't how this works.

No no, if you're a low level employee of a corporation and have shares in it, you can officially endorse products for the company and approve these matters. Don't try to pretend you're even close to EnternalHope's level of business savvy.

On a more serious note, EnternalHope, I'm worried for the poor interns. Leave them alone with this fantastical nonsense. You're going to lose them their potential careers within Sega if they get tangled up with you guys too deeply.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:18:47 pm by Mengels7 »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2015, 12:16:29 pm »
Enternal claims to be in the hotel business. Imagine if some Hilton fans got in touch with a couple of housekeepers at the downtown Atlanta Hilton Hotel and said, we're going to start building a new Hilton in our back yard in Ottawa, Canada. Sounds like a plan that has success written all over it.

Seriously, what is going on with the forum here these days? It's like checking in on an insane asylum... talking people down from their delusions, trying to keep people from hurting themselves or others with crazy nonsense. Is it just me? Do I need to take a break? Everyone is some kind of expert on international manufacturing and marketing, but when you look at their paperwork it's all a bunch of grim crayon scribbles and slobber. Is there any kind of will among the admins to stop this kind of stuff? I can't tell if these people are playing some kind of long-game trolling or if they are actually terribly naïve, confused, cynical etc. Wouldn't a less active forum with a few sane conversations about reality be better than this?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:20:28 pm by Centrale »