Author Topic: Topic of Soccer Madness  (Read 18825 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Topic of Soccer Madness
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2013, 12:10:02 pm »
That's pretty much what Nameless is saying, mostly English heritage mixed in with other nationalities.
I thought the English eradicated the american natives..
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 03:35:19 pm »
I thought the English eradicated the american natives..

I believe that was a mixture too, but yes mostly the English reduced the Native population.

And yes, Aki understands what I mean...it's like the Carribean people of today aren't "really" Carribean since they are decsendants of many African Tribes (I am part Jamaican for example, but I have NO idea what African nation my ancestors were from), they are still "African", because they were African slaves that were colonised by the British, French etc but they're Carribean by name.

Brazilians are technically Portugese since they speak the same language as the Portugese (and colonised by you guys), but I didn't mean that they are 1:1 Portugese. I just assumed Max_Cady was speaking about a Brazilian Team due to how the spelling of the team.

The same confusion could happen if I mentioned a team from Salum in Ipswitch and one of you guys assume I was talking about an American Team based in the infamous Salum there. :P
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 09:52:07 am »
Oh! Yeah I got it now!

I guess I was being a bit anal on the subject lol
Yeah, I guess it can be confusing, there is no way of telling if a team is portuguese or brazilian by it's name unless you know the teams beforehand..

Sometimes I wonder:
Here in Portugal many people follow the Spanish and English leagues. Do you "foreign people" follow the Portuguese Liga?
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 03:43:56 pm »
I'm partial to Arsenal, I follow the Barclays League with mild curiosity. Don't really care much about La Liga and the Bundesligue.

I watch Major League Soccer, if only because I think it's cute. LA Galaxy, DC United and all.

Anyway, this Saturday,  Conferedations Cup 2013 is kicking off... A little Soccer championship to give us a little Soccer fix to hold us of till August.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 06:33:15 am »
Oh! Yeah I got it now!

I guess I was being a bit anal on the subject lol
Yeah, I guess it can be confusing, there is no way of telling if a team is portuguese or brazilian by it's name unless you know the teams beforehand..

Sometimes I wonder:
Here in Portugal many people follow the Spanish and English leagues. Do you "foreign people" follow the Portuguese Liga?

I sadly don't but I know more Portugese teams than German or Italians ones.

I plan on following the MLS and see how crap it is. lol

The only reason why the British don't really follow other leagues is because fucking SKY has a monopoly on what they show, and it's sadly the Premier League with bits of other countries games.

ESPN is better but not at ALL consistent...sometimes they show the big games of Italy/Germany/Spain but only now and again show "Derbies" of lower teams.

Our coverage is a joke.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2013, 08:49:08 am »
Here everything is paid, even our own league's broadcasts. But it's cool, cause it's all (all our games and many from some 5/6 other leagues + NBA/NFL/NHL/F1/WRC etc) under the same service for 25euros/month.

I have some family in the UK, and yeah they say Sky is a joke.
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2013, 09:09:28 am »
Here everything is paid, even our own league's broadcasts. But it's cool, cause it's all (all our games and many from some 5/6 other leagues + NBA/NFL/NHL/F1/WRC etc) under the same service for 25euros/month.

I have some family in the UK, and yeah they say Sky is a joke.

Surprised you don't live in the UK too being family an all.

I don't have Sky, I have Virgin but they are both shit.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2013, 09:13:58 am »
Surprised you don't live in the UK too being family an all.

I don't have Sky, I have Virgin but they are both shit.
Naw man.. I don't mean to be rude, but for me the UK would be a very shitty place to live lol
Some of my relatives love it, but my lifestyle is completely based around portuguese culture (the sun, the coffee, the beer, the relaxation..). I do enjoy spending some time in the UK, I go there often. It can be a good place to live in. It's just not for me.
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2013, 09:33:39 am »
Naw man.. I don't mean to be rude, but for me the UK would be a very shitty place to live lol
Some of my relatives love it, but my lifestyle is completely based around portuguese culture (the sun, the coffee, the beer, the relaxation..). I do enjoy spending some time in the UK, I go there often. It can be a good place to live in. It's just not for me.

Most of the poorer UK Residents think the same sadly, but we can't move so freely. :(

Portugal and Spain have the same ideas, lol...I'd rather live in Portugal though as the people will be much friendlier.

I see, that's interesting to know.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2013, 09:52:36 am »
Yeah, Portugal and Spain are similar, but we differ in some things as well.
I love Portugal, but due to the current state of the economy I wouldn't recommend it for now.. Tho it's great for people with lots of doosh, since everything is pretty cheap here.
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2013, 09:55:29 am »
Yeah, Portugal and Spain are similar, but we differ in some things as well.
I love Portugal, but due to the current state of the economy I wouldn't recommend it for now.. Tho it's great for people with lots of doosh, since everything is pretty cheap here.

I guess, but still.

I am also a poor person, so I couldn't afford to anyway. :(