Author Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Official Teaser (with actual story)  (Read 23107 times)

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Official Teaser (with actual story)
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 12:32:40 pm »
...and Avengers 2 having 3 new characters (that no one cares about).
Who's judging a movie before it's out now? :V

And do you seriously still think that the movie being grimdark is the problem for me after I specified multiple times that it isn't?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 12:42:46 pm »
Your complaint is that Superman is being seen as a God and there being people saying that he isn't. You dislike that plot point and I find it awesome. maybe its because I read comics and see the 'God image' of Superman used and happy they are finally adapting it to movies. I just thought you might dislike the idea of an actual self proclaimed God being the movie too (Wonder Woman does think of herself as a God in the comics).

Personally felt like the first Avengers movies had a lot of 'underdeveloped' characters and instead of moving forward in the sequel and fleshing them out they added more characters. The movies have become too sitcom like for my taste and not for me. Weird cuz Guardians of the Galaxy did a better job selling the characters in the movie.

Superman's god imagery has been a long time coming, no surprising since its major influence is All-Star Superman:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:48:52 pm by George »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 05:34:17 pm »
Actually George, the IMAX event is tomorrow (at least in the US). There was a 20 second teaser, but then that full bootleg one went up, so to salvage everything WB posted the trailer meant for tomorrow on Friday and announced that tomorrow's event will have more footage and free swag.

I actually got two tickets for tomorrow, but the theater is 45 mins away and the tickets do not confirm seats, meaning I'd have to wait in line 1-2 hours early. AKA, fuck it, I'm not going.

Offline George

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 07:11:59 pm »
Too much shit to see muscular Ben Affleck look sad on a 80 foot screen.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 09:19:23 pm »
Me liking the MCU a lot doesn't have much to do with me thinking this movie is shit.

And I'm not judging the full movie based on one teaser trailer.

Thinks the movie is shit based on the teaser, says not judging the movie based on the teaser.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 01:25:12 am »
Slip of the tongue. :V

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR5HuQK5fYY

Also, to be a bit more positive: I do think Zack Snyder's style might work better with Batman than with Superman. And I could see the fight scenes being entertaining at least. So I do expect there to be parts of the movie I'll like. I mostly just have low expectations as to how he'll handle Superman, as I really didn't like how they handled him in Man of Steel and so far I haven't really seen anything that indicates that they'll try to make it better than that.

I do wonder how they'll handle Wonder Woman and Aquaman though. Like, it doesn't seem like the main plot would have much to do with them, and it's weird that they're going to be introduced to the DC movie universe like that. If it's not done well it'd look like they're put in there just for the sake of showing that there's a cinematic universe.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:33:10 am by TimmiT »

Offline George

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 10:46:04 pm »
Anyway, thanks for letting us know you dislike this movie for the 100th time. I think we got it.

Anyway, It seems some people have already come back from the extended trailer reveal and said there is a new scene where they jump at eachother and then some cuts and then its Superman running (not flying away). So I assume some kryptonite will play its part.

I really do hope they play Batman as the paranoid, plan for a plan for a plan for plan type of guy.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 06:04:28 am »
Anyway, thanks for letting us know you dislike this movie for the 100th time. I think we got it.
Thanks for not reading my post.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 09:28:47 am »
Anyway, It seems some people have already come back from the extended trailer reveal and said there is a new scene where they jump at eachother and then some cuts and then its Superman running (not flying away). So I assume some kryptonite will play its part.

I really do hope they play Batman as the paranoid, plan for a plan for a plan for plan type of guy.

I just hope it's not a big Batman circle-jerk "OMG batman u so smart, i love ur plot armor so much"
(I understand the hypocrisy of saying this as a massive Punisher fan)

Offline George

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2015, 01:54:43 pm »
Yeah neither do I. I hope its not too focused on the fight either. I think there is a lot of misleading in this trailer imo and just makes us ask more questions than anything. At this point we already know everything we need to know about Mr. Man of Steel, but nothing about Batman and I think at this point thats why people are more excited about him.

Like... he is a retired batman? How many Robins did he have? Have any of them died? There was a link picture of a grave stone from a set that had Richard Grayson on it. Why is Batman after superman?

But they have also opened new questions for Superman as to why he has an army (if he even leads it).

I think the issue with the trailer is that it just makes you wonder more and talk about what could be going on. So I say for a 1 year trailer (not coming out till next year), it does a fine job. Imagine if they gave a trailer where it showed everything? No one would care in a year.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2015, 02:06:38 pm »
Yeah true, it's a teaser, teasers are meant to make you ask questions more than give any answers.

I'm really curious as to the Superman army as well, doesn't seem to be his style.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 02:51:54 pm »
I get the sense that the army is something he didn't ask for. Like perhaps its an act of solidarity for his actions in Man of Steel, soldiers who stand with him even though he doesn't want it.

Also, I feel that Bruce Wayne is both afraid and jealous of Superman. Batman has likely gone through a lot of shit and lost a lot of people close to him, and yet he continues to be a branded a menace. Meanwhile Superman swoops in and is a seen as a god to many. The Alfred quote says as much with the line “That’s how it starts—the fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men… cruel.”

Also, I may be opening a can of worms here, but I cannot stand the argument lodged against superhero movies where people say "X would never do Y". I get that there are rules set in superhero universes and yes there are things that some heroes would never do, but I don't see what is wrong with occasionally breaking these rules. Like, "Superman would never kill". Well... what if he did? How did he make the decision to never kill? I find these sorts of things to be interesting territory to explore, especially after 5+ Superman movies and 75 years.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2015, 03:00:32 pm »
Also, I may be opening a can of worms here, but I cannot stand the argument lodged against superhero movies where people say "X would never do Y". I get that there are rules set in superhero universes and yes there are things that some heroes would never do, but I don't see what is wrong with occasionally breaking these rules. Like, "Superman would never kill". Well... what if he did? How did he make the decision to never kill? I find these sorts of things to be interesting territory to explore, especially after 5+ Superman movies and 75 years.

This is def a can of worms. But basically why make an adaption of a character and then change one of his core tenants that makes him so? Why not just make an original character instead of wasting the name?

I don't know enough about Superman to comment on him killing, but I can totally understand people getting upset about someone bringing a character to another medium and then just altering very important aspects of them. It feels like a wasted opportunity, and just reeks of mis-use of a property to make some quick money.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2015, 05:00:06 pm »
I guess my take on it is, its not as though he is adverse to killing as though it is something he is unable to do. Like, if Wolverine got cut and maintained a scar that would be going against what the character can do. Superman CAN kill, the question is: should he and does he want to? He did once in Man of Steel and it seemed to really affect him deeply. Now, if they build on this in Batman v Superman and it leads to Superman vowing never to kill again, which in turn works in Batman's favor, I buy it. But if it leads to a Superman who has the taste for blood (which is not the vibe I'm getting) then I could see it really going against his character.

Speaking of never killing, Batman seems to abide by this right? Or is it "Batman never uses guns"? 1989's Batman had him killing a lot of people with explosives and punches off of railings. Not that I'm saying "Batman killed so Superman can!", just pointing out how easily 1989's Batman broke a rule, but unlike Man of Steel they really didn't acknowledge it.

Offline George

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2015, 05:09:15 pm »
The way I saw it from Man of Steel, Superman is a God like being. He does stuff we cannot do and in All-Star Superman his immortality of sorts comes into question. He is beyond us, he can destroy us in a blink of an eye. Imagine someone as powerful like him came in and tried to murder everyone in the room, or imagine you got into a conflict with someone like you who wanted to kill a room full of new born babies. I think him killing someone like him, that humans wouldn't be able to stop is what caused him to kill Zod. Personally wish he just knocked him out and took him to the Phantom Zone but it happen.

Personally think that will be called into question, even in a weaken state and stuff, I doubt Superman will kill a human. Seems this movie is more about the human threat than the alien.