Author Topic: Dragon Ball!  (Read 19665 times)

Offline NiGHTSDrEAMS

• Total Meseta: 0
Dragon Ball!
« on: December 19, 2016, 11:33:09 pm »
 I'm calling out all the Dragon Ball fans! I've been watching the old Dragon Ball Z serious and was wondering if there are any fans on here that would like to talk about the Dragon Ball Saga's with me! From Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Kai, and Dragon Ball Super! Whether you want to talk about favorite characters, scene's, movies, or people you would of like to see fight each other etc. 

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: Dragon Ball!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 12:33:02 am »
You have summoned me...;)

Seriously though, what do you think of Super so far? Personally, I'm finding it a bit weak. I get that Z went over the top and too serious, but Super just seems to lack any real threat or tension with it's attempt to continue the story and characters. The writing in Z was off in some places, but in Super it seems all over the place in tone, character development, direction and structure.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 03:24:40 am »
It was the exact same thing with Z tho. The Kai series was a godsend, as 2/3 of the show were mainly inconsistent filler.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 10:35:32 am »
Very true. I do like the series, but with Z and Super I can't help but feel the writing really left a lot of gaps. SS3 and Fusion being utterly pointless, the gap in strength in anyone but Goku, Vegeta/ Sayians renders a lot of the characters useless. I thought with Piccolo getting a power boost in fusing with Kami would help, but it quickly went. Thinking about it, there's a reason to add Piccolo into the Black Goku fight.

"Mortals can't kill gods" as they said. Step up, Piccolo as he's fused with one.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 11:50:33 am »
Why do they have to scream so much in DBZ?

Offline Tad

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 03:02:23 pm »
A lot of DBZ has padding due to the series catching up with the comic. The standing around, boasting, learning to drive, powering up etc. The Kai cut took a lot of that out.

Online Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 06:58:34 pm »
My favorite character is Frieza.
Unlike other antagonist, he is a pure evil.
I'm very happy when they revived him, but kinda dissapointed when he's only transformed into golden Frieza, a color change.
Wished it'd be another form / design back then.

Offline NiGHTSDrEAMS

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 09:24:14 pm »

Seriously though, what do you think of Super so far?

Actually from what I have seen I don’t think it’s too bad. Yeah it’s true the other characters are kind of not relevant but the next season looks like they will be put to use. And Kai was kind of a waste, I couldn’t stand it, it was like another GT. Btw I also forgot to mention games as well, because we all know that DB games where actually pretty good.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:25:47 pm by NiGHTSDrEAMS »

Offline Tad

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 12:20:40 am »
Most of the games in DBZ are great, yeah. Think Budokai 2-3 was where they really hit their stride. Raging Blast was okay, but it didn't quite sit right with me in design and mechanics. Xenoverse is proving to be a lot of fun though! Well optimised for PC too. This thing can run on a toaster.

I do like Super...but like DBZ, I can't help but notice how it could have been better with some rewrites. Gohan pretty much had 2 'becoming a fighter' stories and then reverted back to being uninterested. Then there's the inconsistencies like in Resurrection of F. Piccolo struggled with his fighter, so Gohan turned SS and managed to beat him...Piccolo is way stronger than a SS though so it makes no sense.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 12:29:42 am by Tad »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 03:34:22 am »
Why do they have to scream so much in DBZ?
Have you ever had that much power going through your body? You'd scream too.
SEG4GES

Offline NiGHTSDrEAMS

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 11:20:47 am »
Tad, have you ever played Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, in my opinion probably the best DB game ever made. One of the best game play and graphics especially for its time, also it had pretty much all the characters during that time as well. And I see your point but don't forget they pretty much are re-introducing future Trunks, and wanna show him off a little more than the others to show what we've been missing on him. Also I think its safe to say hes pretty much a bad-ass, he's not a God and hes giving the God in his time period a struggle.  (Gotta admit that's crazy espically when Goku and Vegeta are Gods and they seem to be struggling).But a new season is coming out,and it looks like they are going to make all the characters relevant again, but will see.             

Offline Tad

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 01:59:25 pm »
I haven't played that, but heard it was good. Think at the time of release it slipped under my rader as such and I never went back to it.

I get what you're saying about Super though and I'm definitely going to keep watching. I hope they do make characters more relevant in it. I mean, Gohan, Kid Trunks and Goten are easy as they just need to train, but the others it's not so easy. One thing I think could help is if Whis or someone tells them there's a 'transformation' or a 'way' to improve themselves quicker despite not being a Saiyan.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 03:26:06 pm by Tad »

Offline NiGHTSDrEAMS

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 09:05:31 am »
If you ever have a chance try playing it, it' something definitely worth putting some time into and  especially when you have friends come over gets really fun and competitive!

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 04:37:46 am »
currently on season 4 of rewatching the Falconer ost DBZ, hitting that nostalgia hard.  I started watching it on Toonami when I was a kid after school every day along with the other stuff like rurouni kenshin, yu yu hakusho, ect.  It's still good.  I prefer the music in this version in particular, even though some complain that the music is constantly playing, well at least it doesn't suck. (Rock The Dragon was nothing fantastic, and the dialogue was so hammy.  it did have a rockin' intro though)  The soundtrack actually sets the mood for each scene and each fight.  The arcs including filler are all present, which is awesome.  Would have liked if they kept the Falconer intro on the dvd box sets though, it feels weird with the funimation one.  If I had to pick a favorite arc, definetely Buu Saga, I know Cell and Frieza were epic, but Gohan going Mystic is one of the reasons I love Buu Saga.  (Frieza actually turned me off as a kid because of how long it was.  They were on Namek for 2 whole seasons!)  Second favorite is definetely Android Saga, love the future Trunks story, the wish Krillin made to free the Androids of the bombs inside them, and it led to my 2 favorite spin offs, Super Android 13 and History Of Trunks.
Be like water.

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 04:38:58 am »
Also I'm one of the few who really liked GT.  At least Uub got some story in it.
Be like water.