Author Topic: Super Hero movies that need reboots/heroes that need movies  (Read 17711 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Super Hero movies that need reboots/heroes that need movies
« on: August 10, 2011, 08:18:55 pm »
More super hero  movie non-sense.

First of all

SUPER HERO MOVIES THAT DESERVE REBOOTS!

Daredevil:

A few things I disliked about its last outing was basically 80% of the script. I know people will say that Daredevil is basically Marvel's Batman, which he might be to some.

I think, just like the Batman reboot, they need to think dark. Daredevil is a dark comic, not something that needs holywood glamour. Nolan understood this with Batman, sadly Mark Johnson didn't get that at all.

Also Bulleseye as the main villain? Nah.

I will be adding more things later.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Super Hero movies that need reboots/heroes that need movies
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 05:53:45 am »
Well DD needs a reboot but Marvel isn't intrested in making a R stylemovie which DD needs to be or at least a light R what Dark Knight(a film with R like themes but not being graphic enough to get the R rating). The problem is marvel is more intrested in making pop corn light movies instead of heavy plot actual cinematic films like Nolan's DK film managed to be.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:09:20 am »
As I said in the other superhero topic, DD:Director's Cut was an R cut and was a much better movie. I don't think it needed to continue, thus I agree that it needs a reboot, but I do think that had the R rated cut been the one to hit theaters, it would have gotten a much better reception.

I think Fantastic 4 needs a reboot badly. It's a great concept, but was f'd up TWICE (three times, counting the earlier movie).

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 01:39:03 pm »
Avoid Ben Affleck at all costs.

Garner was fantastic but after Electra I doubt she'd work with Marvel again.

Offline George

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 05:56:34 pm »
Am I the only one that just noticed that 2 of DC Comic's heroes are worth a shit? I mean, a couple of my friends are big Flash and Green Lantern fans.

But its obvious that Green Lantern can't compete with Marvel franchises (Was released between Thor and Captain America). So I doubt a Flash movie would do any better.

Oh well, at least the last Batman movie and the upcoming Superman look ace.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 07:04:34 pm »
I don't know. The Flash was pretty popular when I was a kid and I don't know him to well but it might be possible that he is DC's version of Spider-Man so he should work well in the light hearted Super Hero demographic.

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 07:18:41 pm »
I've never heard of DD until I saw an episode of Spiderman with him.

Not sure if the general public is aware of him either. (GENERAL PUBLIC =/= COMIC FANS)
Flash as DC's version of Spiderman. LOL.. I don't really agree with you there.

I liked Flash when he appeared on the Justice League. I don't watch that show anymore though. :/

Offline segaismysavior

• Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 08:44:52 pm »
I rather enjoyed Constantine, so I'd love to see more Hellblazer movies. Keanu is not a requirement.

League of Extraordinary Gentleman was also fun, but I don't think I could get into another one without Sean Connery. It's still a cool concept to continue or reboot, but the comic issues I read weren't what I'd consider great for film.

Green Arrow could make a decent flick? The more recent Rambo flick proved that archery can be made to look intensely badass.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 10:43:03 pm »
I think Fantastic 4 needs a reboot badly. It's a great concept, but was f'd up TWICE (three times, counting the earlier movie).

^Dr. Doom approves of this message.

Offline George

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 10:46:14 pm »
I rather enjoyed Constantine, so I'd love to see more Hellblazer movies. Keanu is not a requirement.

League of Extraordinary Gentleman was also fun, but I don't think I could get into another one without Sean Connery. It's still a cool concept to continue or reboot, but the comic issues I read weren't what I'd consider great for film.

Green Arrow could make a decent flick? The more recent Rambo flick proved that archery can be made to look intensely badass.
Constantine is a love and hate movie for me. I love Hellblazer. Also that is DC Vertigo, not DC comics. Vertigo are not hero comics. Though if Vertigo had to get movies, Preacher and Sandman please. 

Offline Snowcat

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 04:19:08 am »
There are a couple of characters I think would make good movies.

agreed on Green Arrow
Black Panther

and I like Dr Strange... those animated movies don't count.

SPAWN! he needs a reboot badly!

and Ghost Rider :/ wow... that sucked.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 05:47:48 am »
There should be a movie for wonder twins, or Aquaman?  DC is so lame.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 08:38:08 am »
Am I the only one that just noticed that 2 of DC Comic's heroes are worth a shit? I mean, a couple of my friends are big Flash and Green Lantern fans.

But its obvious that Green Lantern can't compete with Marvel franchises (Was released between Thor and Captain America). So I doubt a Flash movie would do any better.

That's to do with the poor director and storyline not the fact that Marvel has better characters. DC just hasn't the ability to get it right with their non superman and batman superheroes films. I mean Wonder Woman is already a household name yet they won't consider making a film about that character and instead opt for GL who is relativly unknown. Now he's semi known but nobody cares about the character because of the flawed film they made.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 04:26:06 pm »
Umm... for all intents and purposes they haven't gotten Superman right either.

I've always liked Batman - i've always found Supes, WW, Lantern and most of their characters stupid. No Offence, I am sure I am not as well versed with their special collector comic book stories but from what I've seen in the animated series is laughable that you would take them seriously for a second.

You just need to look at Wonder Woman and case closed.

Super Man, get an understanding of the characters physical and mental abilities and you'll see how much things are dumped down. If Superman has super strength then a fight should end before it starts cause that is what ultimately happens every time and Lex Luther is supposed to be so intelligent but he does things anyone with half a brain wouldn't do and the whole universe rests on the fact that no one is intelligent enough to tell CK/SM apart. The premise was laughable 50 years go and it is even more stupid today.

I don't know much about GL, but the movie trailer looked shit (exaggeration) and guess what the movie was shit (exaggeration).

Do I need to diss AquaMan?

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 06:03:13 pm »
If Green Lantern had been done right, it would've most certainly been a top-tier movie property.

We should count our blessings that the proposed GL movie with Jack Black never made it out.

To answer cube_b3, yes, the Green Lantern movie was bad. It might be acceptable for kids, but everybody else will be sorely dissapointed.

GL is a comic book about outer space adventure. It has more in common with Star Wars, Flash Gordon and all that. But with this, they seriously attempted to slightly emulate Thor, but came out crooked.

The movie fails not because of the superhero himself, but because the movie barely takes place in outer space and what happens on Earth, a lot of it is boring and underdeveloped. The only time the movie is good is when Hal uses his GL powers, especially in the final act.