Author Topic: Voice Actor of Ryo's posted something on facebook.  (Read 11304 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Voice Actor of Ryo's posted something on facebook.
« on: May 28, 2013, 07:22:16 am »
Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=568965

He also posted an older picture of himself too:

Shenmue 3 rumours again? Or Transformed DLC?

Edit: How the hell do I resize the image? D:
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
Re: Voice Actor of Ryo's posted something on facebook.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 08:42:24 am »
Maybe something that relates to DLC for Transformed?

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 08:45:13 am »
https://www.facebook.com/corey.marshall.906

SEGA picture is just the picture he picked for the header of his Facebook page. The photo of him voice acting something is the one he picked for his avatar.

I wouldn't take this as a tease.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 08:54:42 am »
About the transformed DLC. I had seen this on steam already, but for those who haven't read it yet. S0L had to say this about the DLC

Everyone loves to run with what they think I said :)

Anyway, I figured I ought to drop by!

First things first, I take exception to suggestions that we offered (off our own backs too) to go and present the results of the DLC vote to somehow further sales. I'm not sure how some people have come to that conclusion...

It was done out of a genuine desire to see if we could get a proven single voice from the community I could use to actually make DLC happen. Bear in mind that we're immensely proud of the game, had a huge amount of fun making it and actually wanted to use our experience to give the fans some new content that we could prove was desired.

As I was very clear about at the time, I couldn't make any promises it would happen and that's still certainly true today. Not least as it requires a very real financial commitment from SEGA to not only pay for us to develop content, but then also to release it.

Look at it like this. If you went to the bank and asked them for a loan to buy a car or a house, they'd probably want to make sure they got that money back and usually with interest on top. It's no different for DLC or indeed any kind of games development. If you're not going to get a return on the investment, why would you do it...

So I knew it would be an interesting proposition, right when I made the commitment to take the results to SEGA when I said 'If you get your act together and organise yourself, I will commit to taking it on'.

And take it on we did. Whilst you were all busy voting (and arguing about the results!) we looked at the fore-runners and started doing concept art. In fact, we actually predicted the winning order pretty much perfectly. Well if it wasn't for a certain Vocaloid (which was a surprise!).

When the votes were over and we'd collated the results, we started discussions on adding DLC to the game, how we'd do it, how it would be delivered and who to seek approvals from.

Indeed, it's common knowledge now we got approval to go ahead with at least one character. In fact we'd pretty much got that character in-game and animated. We needed to do some voice work and we needed to get elements like an All-Star move in, but it was a good 70% there.

But the road to getting DLC out isn't just on the development and approvals side. It needs support from the platform holders, it needs QA time for testing and more.

Originally the plan was to include some new characters in with the game update. In fact, originally we'd planned to get the game updates out on the 14th Feb, so we'd give you one big SEGA Love letter. In fact, the plan was to give you some extra characters included in that update with no additional charge.

...but sadly we had to drop that plan. First the updates took longer as we wanted to address all the issues reported in one go, that's not simple with as many platforms as we had, plus we were also pushing to get the PC version out. At this point we switched to getting the updates done first (as we wanted to resolve the issues) with DLC to be added later. There was also the sticking point of certain consoles having limitations about update sizes and how DLC can be delivered...

So the characters had to go on the back burner until the updates were done and out. Once they were we turned back to them and continued work to get them in. Again we planned to push the characters out as an upgrade but there was questions over cost to develop, but also for QA, marketing and more. Not to mention the cost to release them on the various platforms, it's not free to release DLC you know...

Since then, it's been on, it's been off, it's been on (for some platforms, but not others) and off and.. well you get the idea.

We're no less comitted to solving it, neither are SEGA. What I can't do here and now is say we'll be able to solve it and get them out. But neither can I say it's unsolvable either. Each time I think it's not going to happen and get ready to come and deliver bad news, the situation changes and it looks possible through some way to continue.

I also can't say who or what form DLC may take, as that all depends on the if, the where and the how.

Perhaps you can see why I've purposely not said very much at all. I don't like to make a promise I can't keep.

But... that's where we're at. It's not through lack of trying, it's certainly not down to a lack of desire to get it done, it's just how things can work out.

We'll keep looking at ways to give you the characters you want, but even if we fail, it has only ever been driven by trying to give you, the fans of the game the content that you asked for.

Anyone who tells you any different, well... I'll let you draw your own conclusions about their motives :)

---
S0L
---

Don't know where it originally came from, but it does make the possibility of this being transformed related less likely.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 09:53:33 am »
Shenmue III confirmed for E3.

This time is for real guys.... guys...?
SEG4GES

Offline TJKitsune

• Total Meseta: 13
  • That Crazy Fox
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 10:15:37 am »
Hm..  Maybe a redubbing of Shenmue 1 & 2?  Perhaps some of the audio from the Dreamcast/xbox versions weren't as clear as they wanted and they called him in to redo some lines?  I do believe though that it's also likely for Transformed..  But who knows..  Maybe Sega's just recording audio for the fun of it for use later somewhere down the road and no real solid plans have been completed?

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 10:26:12 am »
Ok, just saw his profile.

So the dude hadn't made a post since 2011, and suddenly he posts something about voice acting and mentions Shenmue + a photo of him voice acting + photo of him pointing at Sega. All this in the week before E3.

I dunno about Shenmue, but he definitely seems to be attempting to grab some attention.

Also, his daughter is so freaking cute :3
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 10:38:31 am »
So, that letter from S0L, I can't quite get if they're doing only one new character or more than one.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 03:22:02 pm »
Wha...?

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 08:39:46 pm »
Regarding the picture of Corey Marshall recording vocals, the first thing that caught my eye -- and a few commenters I've read have noticed it, too -- is that the microphone is an extremely cheap one.  A Shure PG58, the kind that you might likely see packed in with a beginner's recording kit or something.  I've done a lot of work as a sound tech and wouldn't expect to see this in a pro recording studio. Not hatin', just statin'. 

That said, allow my wish-fulfillment voice to chime in: please let it be a hint that Shenmue III is in the works (although please let them use a better mic for the in-game voices).

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 06:18:42 am »
Maybe they are using a cheap mic so that the audio quality is coherent throughout the whole series.
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 06:29:02 am »
Maybe they are using a cheap mic so that the audio quality is coherent throughout the whole series.

Damn you, I wanted to say that! XD
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.