Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 668103 times)

3raser

Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2013, 01:21:20 pm »
Mademan can take it.

Anyway, doubt the game is "deep in development". At most, the first two might be close to ready for an HD release, but very doubtful that anybody is working on Shenmue 3 at the moment.

Perhaps Sega could release Shenmue III along with the first two games in hd on the same disc. Kind of like they did for Tekken 1-3 on the Tekken 5 disc. At least people who have never heard of the first two would know what it's about. I'm probably just a little too over-exited about it though.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:24:04 pm by 3raser »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2013, 06:19:53 pm »
Oh wow, Jack Lumber defence force in full swing! Do you guys have an axe to grind or something? I find it mysterios that you're all fans of this game now! Umm... okay that's all i got for puns at the moment.

Don't take what I say too literally, guys, it's a joke, I don't even follow Sega much anymore because the last time they did anything I was interested in was Final Showdown.

I wouldn't honestly be arguing that they could have funded Shenners three with Jack Lumber money. I could probably fund a Jack Lumber sequel with the change behind my sofa whereas the bank would slap me with a fish if I asked for a loan to pay for Shenmue III's voice acting.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2013, 07:18:01 pm »
Perhaps Sega could release Shenmue III along with the first two games in hd on the same disc. Kind of like they did for Tekken 1-3 on the Tekken 5 disc. At least people who have never heard of the first two would know what it's about. I'm probably just a little too over-exited about it though.

1. Your idea is bad because of what I mentioned before. Plus they do not have enough money.
2. You are actually right for once. You are "over-exited."
Correction: "excited"
3. Would everyone stop talking about Jack Lumber? That's a completely different game, so it has no relevance.

*Handled.

3raser

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2013, 07:50:57 pm »
1. Your idea is bad because of what I mentioned before...
2. ...You are "over-exited."
Correction: "excited"

Ouch.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2013, 03:23:56 pm »
This "Shenmue III" should now officially be the least of people's concerns. I'm glad I ended that.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2013, 07:30:53 pm »
Ended what?

Offline pcm92

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2013, 08:52:15 pm »
Ended what?

How people keep posting that they want a Shenmue III in this thread. It would be the worst game of all time if they released a Shenmue III right now.

3raser

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2013, 08:53:45 pm »
How people keep posting that they want a Shenmue III in this thread. It would be the worst game of all time if they released a Shenmue III right now.

You didn't end the rumor whatsoever. Even if people stop posting in this thread, there will always be Shenmue fans who want a new game.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2013, 09:00:29 pm »
I think no matter how it comes out, it will be received badly.

Too many things they will have to change to make new audiences be into it. One being updating the controls/voices. Shenmue wasn't perfect, it was a great experience at the time but now there are a ton of more varied open world games.

Though none of those do it like Shenmue. The other is where the story was heading. Rumors have it that magic was going to come into play, more evidence comes with Shenmue Online.

So now they planned on totally changing the world, which isn't bad if the 3rd game came out right after 2. But now that people have waited for over a decade for the third game, it will get a ton of complaints, like "THIS IS DBZ SHENMUE WTF SEGA" etc.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2013, 09:18:14 pm »
'Sif magic wasn't a part of Shenmue 2 all along though. That old dude touching the tree and causing all the leaves to fall off is magic.

In any event, I could picture the mass suicide of Shenmue fans when they announce it with
"We're aiming for a broader audience with an open world, cinematic and visceral experience exclusive to Xbox One. The game will be free to play, but players can utilise micro-transactions something, something Kinect."

3raser

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2013, 11:23:24 pm »
'Sif magic wasn't a part of Shenmue 2 all along though. That old dude touching the tree and causing all the leaves to fall off is magic.

In any event, I could picture the mass suicide of Shenmue fans when they announce it with
"We're aiming for a broader audience with an open world, cinematic and visceral experience exclusive to Xbox One. The game will be free to play, but players can utilise micro-transactions something, something Kinect."

Earlier in this thread, someone discussed a PC game, then a similar game to be made for the main consoles. That is not really a bad idea. It's just that the story would have to be very similar to the PC version.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2013, 05:29:15 pm »
Earlier in this thread, someone discussed a PC game, then a similar game to be made for the main consoles. That is not really a bad idea. It's just that the story would have to be very similar to the PC version.

That's probably the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a while. PC games are awesome, so I don't think Sega should ruin them with one bad game that starts a chain of bad games.

3raser

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2013, 11:33:07 pm »
That's probably the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a while. PC games are awesome, so I don't think Sega should ruin them with one bad game that starts a chain of bad games.

At first, you said that people were being very rude to me. Now you are doing it. I'm sorry if you don't like the Shenmue series, it's just that I do. We have different opinions just like everyone else on this website. I said it in a previous thread about Toshiba. I will say it again in this one. "Each time you post, you bump the thread to the top of the page."

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2013, 12:19:28 am »

Bit rude and extraordinarily ill informed comment, buster.

Work on your snark, too.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2013, 11:08:15 am »
I for one wouldn't mind Shen3 going all DBZ.

A Shenmue III stopped making sense after the 128bit generation. The technology used for the games make up a lot of the "game feel". A Shen3 released today would be so technologically far away from the other two entries that it would feel like a different game series altogether.

So just make it really different. But also make it very good.
We would get a conclusion for the series (it could be full of magic and dragon balls; as long as it made sense, I doubt fans would be pissed), and a good game on it's own (a game unaffected by the outdatedness of it's predecessors).
SEG4GES