Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 668209 times)

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2013, 07:55:30 am »
Heartwarming..

But what does he mean "aquire Shenmue license from Sega"? Isn't he at Sega anymore?

Nah. He left a while ago.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2013, 05:30:08 pm »
Nah. He left a while ago.
Where he at?
SEG4GES

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2013, 10:48:17 pm »
A vid from our rivals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxW20JCG8Hg
Just close your eyes and imagine Ryo talking about his everyday life.
SEG4GES

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2013, 10:59:59 pm »
Where he at?

Yu Suzuki still does video game related stuff. He's just retired from Sega. I think he might want to make another Shenmue. It's just that Sega will not let him. I can't really blame Sega for that.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2013, 09:31:06 am »
A vid from our rivals.

Rivals implies they stack up against us. At best they're "oh, those guys?"

lol, I kid. I kid. Cool to see Corey talking.

3raser

« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2013, 02:39:03 pm »
Yu Suzuki still does video game related stuff. He's just retired from Sega. I think he might want to make another Shenmue. It's just that Sega will not let him. I can't really blame Sega for that.

I am sure he could convince Sega to publish his game. The only problem he is having is the budget situation, which will probably be solved eventually. I really would not mind what platform or console the game will be on. As long as I can finally play Shenmue III.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2013, 02:40:11 pm »
I am sure he could convince Sega to publish his game. The only problem he is having is the budget situation, which will probably be solved eventually. I really would not mind what platform or console the game will be on. As long as I can finally play Shenmue III.

They made a mobile game a while back. Isn't that good enough?

3raser

« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2013, 02:41:33 pm »

No. They stopped allowing people to play that game before I even realized it was released.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2013, 03:03:28 pm »

That mobile game did not advance the story at all.

I wouldn't mind a mobile game like the Walking Dead one for example. It's pretty linear, but at least the story would develop.
I don't see how they can reproduce the true Shenmue feel without spending millions of cash. And that ain't happening.
SEG4GES

Offline pcm92

« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2013, 02:03:40 pm »
I removed my vote because I never played any Shemue games in my life. I was just trolling. I'm sorry everyone.

3raser

« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2013, 07:34:50 pm »
I removed my vote because I never played any Shemue games in my life. I was just trolling. I'm sorry everyone.

Pcm92, I have never heard ANYONE call themselves a troll. I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic, bored out of your mind, or if there is something mentally wrong with you. Thank you for removing your vote. I think.

Back to Shenmue III, most people that are against this idea have said something about Sega's budget. If Shenmue III was made, then would it not cost the same amount as any other game? I really wouldn't mind if it was low-budget to tell the truth. At least we would all finally see the end of this mysterious cliffhanger. It could not be low-budget if they made it though because people would pay a lot of money to make up for what money Sega spent on the game itself, so Sega should want to make the game. They would be making money from it because almost every Sega fan has been waiting for it.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2013, 05:17:44 pm »
Pcm92, I have never heard ANYONE call themselves a troll. I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic, bored out of your mind, or if there is something mentally wrong with you. Thank you for removing your vote. I think.

Back to Shenmue III, most people that are against this idea have said something about Sega's budget. If Shenmue III was made, then would it not cost the same amount as any other game? I really wouldn't mind if it was low-budget to tell the truth. At least we would all finally see the end of this mysterious cliffhanger. It could not be low-budget if they made it though because people would pay a lot of money to make up for what money Sega spent on the game itself, so Sega should want to make the game. They would be making money from it because almost every Sega fan has been waiting for it.

And every video game news outlet has been ready to trash it since about 07.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2013, 09:26:41 pm »
"video game news outlets" are still a thing? Some people take gaming waay too seriously.
SEG4GES

Offline pcm92

« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2013, 02:02:59 pm »
"video game news outlets" are still a thing? Some people take gaming waay too seriously.

You definately make a good point there. It used to be different though. People now play games online and buy download content. We used to be able to get our lazy selves off the couch and into the video game rental stores to rent a game we would play for a short time before we had to return it to the store. I miss those days.

I don't know what to think of Shenmue III, if I have never played the first two. I just think that Sega should focus on a few other franchises before going back to one that might not make that much money.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:05:01 pm by pcm92 »

3raser

« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2013, 06:16:40 pm »
You definately make a good point there. It used to be different though. People now play games online and buy download content. We used to be able to get our lazy selves off the couch and into the video game rental stores to rent a game we would play for a short time before we had to return it to the store. I miss those days.

I don't know what to think of Shenmue III, if I have never played the first two. I just think that Sega should focus on a few other franchises before going back to one that might not make that much money.

Why would convenience be a bad thing?

I am not sure why you keep saying they do not have the money or that they will not make enough of it. Sega makes plenty of games and every game that a company makes will make more money than what they spend on making it. Shenmue III is one of those games that has the potential to be one of the best selling games that Sega has ever made.