Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 674729 times)

3raser

Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2014, 06:14:32 pm »
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-rumors/1100-6419935/

Which game comes to your mind? haha

Those are just rumors.

Try this link:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-20-yu-suzuki-is-looking-into-kickstarter

It's for real. Yu wants to do a kickstarter for the third installment of Shenmue!

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2014, 10:42:01 am »
Those are just rumors.

Try this link:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-20-yu-suzuki-is-looking-into-kickstarter

It's for real. Yu wants to do a kickstarter for the third installment of Shenmue!

Just wait until E3. There will be no announcement of a Shenmue 3 this year or any of the years to come. There has never been one since thirteen years ago. For some reason, people like you can not understand that there can't be a sequel. The company that made the first two was bankrupt. Sega only wanted the first two games to be on a Sega console. The game would not sell good because hardly anyone knows about it. Even hd ports would be a bad idea. I'm sorry. That link is also a rumor.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2014, 04:59:29 pm »
Somehow I think the truth is somewhere between the two extreme beliefs expressed above.

As for E3, I wouldn't put too much hope in being surprised by any publishers these days. It just doesn't happen much anymore, because no one wants their big announcement to be lost in the shuffle. If you've noticed, the major publishers have been making their announcements in the past few weeks, not waiting until E3.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2014, 05:46:34 pm »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2014, 08:35:03 pm »
Regarding Shenmue III, I was recently reflecting that it's the only RPG I know of that has a full fighting engine within it. Maybe an angle that could be used to imbue III with some greater appeal beyond those who've already played the first two, is if there is a separate and fully realized multiplayer fighting mode, that is robust enough to be of interest to the fighting game community. Obviously that's still a bit of a niche community, but it would at least expand the audience somewhat, and to a community that is very passionate about their games.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2014, 08:44:58 pm »
Well, remember that Yu Suzuki is a really scary person because if you see all the ideas left for the Shenmue series that appeared in the GDC conference, it's ahead further beyond the time itself. Seriously, that guy has an incredible amount of ideas in his head...

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #246 on: June 04, 2014, 10:01:21 am »
Yu Suzuki ( the guy with spikey hair ???? that was talking about Shenmue 11, in an interview??? Back when he was cool and younger looking?> ) looking at his photos now, it looks kinda depressing. Rather then an game creator but looks like the corrupted people in Shenmue, if you understand.

The way I see his ideas, he is like anybody else we know who has plans for fictional works. Honestly he does not look so bad at all. He is like me or you but works for SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #247 on: June 04, 2014, 03:44:14 pm »
Yu Suzuki ( the guy with spikey hair ???? that was talking about Shenmue 11, in an interview???
Shenmue 11?

Slow down man, we still want Shenmue 3 through to 10 before that!

3raser

« Reply #248 on: June 08, 2014, 01:09:41 pm »
Yu Suzuki ( the guy with spikey hair ??? ? that was talking about Shenmue 11, in an interview??? Back when he was cool and younger looking?> ) looking at his photos now, it looks kinda depressing. Rather then an game creator but looks like the corrupted people in Shenmue, if you understand.

The way I see his ideas, he is like anybody else we know who has plans for fictional works. Honestly he does not look so bad at all. He is like me or you but works for SEGA

Did you mean to type III instead of II or 11? Just because he gets older does not mean he will retire from the gaming market altogether. I am sure that he still has a few ideas before that. I am including Shenmue III in this. I gaurantee that Yu will make a new Shenmue before he retires. He could even announce it at this year's E3. I bet he might. The new games for the new consoles are going to be announced, so why not? Besides, isn't Sega making some Steam machine or something like that soon?

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #249 on: June 08, 2014, 04:54:08 pm »
I remember an interview done with AM2 ( the team who did the Shenmue games ), and they were showing off, how Shenmue is really meant to have eleven games in the series. I don't know if this was done around the time, of the X-box games.

It is like everytime it is, when is this going to come out SEGA? Are you going to be absorbed into Microsoft? Is SEGA selling Sonic to Nintendo? And so forth, with SEGA everytime.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #250 on: June 09, 2014, 09:01:45 am »

Did you mean to type III instead of II or 11? Just because he gets older does not mean he will retire from the gaming market altogether. I am sure that he still has a few ideas before that. I am including Shenmue III in this. I gaurantee that Yu will make a new Shenmue before he retires. He could even announce it at this year's E3. I bet he might. The new games for the new consoles are going to be announced, so why not? Besides, isn't Sega making some Steam machine or something like that soon?

Don't do it to yourself, son. Take it from me, never expect anything from Sega at E3. You'll get Aliens: Infestation and maybe if you're very lucky some new gameplay footage of the latest Sonic train-wreck. That's all you get, and that's all you'll ever get from Sega.

As for Shenners, boy it would be nice if it ever eventuated, but it'll take some serious doing. Why would MS or Sony pay for Shenmue when they can use that money to get CoD Map DLC exclusive for two weeks?

3raser

« Reply #251 on: June 10, 2014, 06:52:03 pm »
Don't do it to yourself, son. Take it from me, never expect anything from Sega at E3. You'll get Aliens: Infestation and maybe if you're very lucky some new gameplay footage of the latest Sonic train-wreck. That's all you get, and that's all you'll ever get from Sega.

As for Shenners, boy it would be nice if it ever eventuated, but it'll take some serious doing. Why would MS or Sony pay for Shenmue when they can use that money to get CoD Map DLC exclusive for two weeks?

I said he might announce it at this E3. He hasn't so far. It might even take a few more years. Like you said, Sega is interested in all of their games that hardly anyone plays right now. I'm ready for Sega to make a comeback and release Shenmue III! Who's with me?

http://www.petitiononline.com/shen1986/petition.html

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #252 on: June 11, 2014, 05:30:11 pm »
I said he might announce it at this E3. He hasn't so far. It might even take a few more years. Like you said, Sega is interested in all of their games that hardly anyone plays right now. I'm ready for Sega to make a comeback and release Shenmue III! Who's with me?

http://www.petitiononline.com/shen1986/petition.html

They will always be interested in the games that hardly anyone plays. Do you know why? Because Sega has been working closely with Nintendo. Why is Nintendo doing the same? Because Nintendo wants to increase video games in children so that they will remember them from the Nintendo games from their childhood. Nintendo/Sega also wants to help increase their sales in the Japanese market, instead of in the U.S. This is likely due to the fact that both Sega and Nintendo are based in Japan.

3raser

« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2014, 01:36:01 pm »
I can not believe SEGA did not announce Shenmue III this year. I guess they are waiting to see which system will succeed the most before they decide what platform to put it on. If SEGA does not release it in the next five years, then even I have to admit that they might not ever make it. I do have hopes for next year though. I hope all of you will too.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #254 on: June 15, 2014, 05:15:15 am »
I can not believe SEGA did not announce Shenmue III this year. I guess they are waiting to see which system will succeed the most before they decide what platform to put it on. If SEGA does not release it in the next five years, then even I have to admit that they might not ever make it. I do have hopes for next year though. I hope all of you will too.
It won't happen. The closest time SHENMUE 3 happened was early in the Xbox era. It won't happen now because Sega is basically another company now from the one in the early noughties. All they are concerned about is maintaining their status as one of the bigger games companies to a Japanese audience and updating those Japanese brands and conquering the mobile digital market. While the west will just get western PC titles and the occasional console title and Sonic. That's the reality of the situation. But here's another thing to ponder on. If western Sega fans can't get localized versions of PSO 2 and YAKUZA games which are not only successful(in asia) but are regularly updated then what chance really do you think that were going to get SHENMUE part 3? We haven't had a proper Sega RPG release in the west for a long time now which is NOT the Sega i know from my days actively buying their games. Downloading an app for something like CHAIN CHRONICLE is hardly the same as buying a package game,opening that game, slotting thame in the console and sitting down getting engrossed by the great RPG world that the masters of old Sega manage to craft. Oh well i must be getting old since that's obviously not what the public want or Sega wouldn't be doing  it....