Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 673304 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train
« Reply #255 on: June 16, 2014, 11:15:27 am »
I agree with Joe in this case, Shenmue chances are now slim to none, especially from Sega.

Best I'm hoping for is Yu Suzuki somehow spilling the story details, maybe getting a Manga or something out of it. I would bet money that Sega has no intention of ever making another game, but at the same time will never license out the rights for someone else to make it either.

3raser

« Reply #256 on: June 16, 2014, 06:08:32 pm »
SEGA could just put Shenmue characters in another game. I would be very happy to know that they would at least reference Shenmue in a game. Who knows? That might spark a newer generation of gamers to know about Shenmue, which could eventually cause a new game to be made.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #257 on: June 17, 2014, 06:32:51 am »
It won't happen. The closest time SHENMUE 3 happened was early in the Xbox era. It won't happen now because Sega is basically another company now from the one in the early noughties

I see yet another 'change of heart'. Some of us have been saying that for years and that we'll never see a Shenmue III from SEGA
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #258 on: June 17, 2014, 06:40:15 am »

I see yet another 'change of heart'. Some of us have been saying that for years and that we'll never see a Shenmue III from SEGA

Yawn, again some of us was saying it was happening when IT was happening back in the early noughties. Dont try to rewrite history just to make yourself look cool. Grow up for gods sake.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 06:42:39 am by ROJM »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #259 on: June 17, 2014, 08:02:55 am »
SEGA could just put Shenmue characters in another game. I would be very happy to know that they would at least reference Shenmue in a game. Who knows? That might spark a newer generation of gamers to know about Shenmue, which could eventually cause a new game to be made.

There are a couple of references in Virtua Fighter still. You can make Akira look like Ryo, and there is the MJQ Jazz Bar in one of the stages.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #260 on: June 17, 2014, 09:54:24 am »

There are a couple of references in Virtua Fighter still. You can make Akira look like Ryo, and there is the MJQ Jazz Bar in one of the stages.

But we've already had that with Ryo appearing in both Sonic Racing games. And those were big sellers. So its not like the character isn't getting any exposure. Its really down to the thing that has always hampered Sega, the japanese management and their mis-handling of certain operations. That part of Sega hasn't changed even if the rest of the company has.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #261 on: June 17, 2014, 12:02:22 pm »
Yawn, again some of us was saying it was happening when IT was happening back in the early noughties. Dont try to rewrite history just to make yourself look cool. Grow up for gods sake.

No need . Weren't so long ago you were saying Yu Suzuki was working on 4 games and how much of Shenmue III had been made. Some of us just 'tried' to point out that little of Shenmue III was made even on the DC.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2014, 05:57:39 am »
No need . Weren't so long ago you were saying Yu Suzuki was working on 4 games and how much of Shenmue III had been made. Some of us just 'tried' to point out that little of Shenmue III was made even on the DC.
i never said it was coming for DC so that's a lie to start off.
2003-2005 is long ago in my book. And some of us mentioned SHENMUE ONLINE that others scoffed at. Some of us including Sega themselves acknowledged SHENMUE 3 assets exist in one form or another. So keep making accusations that you can't back up. And i'll just post(when i have the time) what i exactly said. And what you said.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #263 on: June 18, 2014, 07:29:47 am »

i never said it was coming for DC so that's a lie to start off.
2003-2005 is long ago in my book. And some of us mentioned SHENMUE ONLINE that others scoffed at. Some of us including Sega themselves acknowledged SHENMUE 3 assets exist in one form or another. So keep making accusations that you can't back up. And i'll just post(when i have the time) what i exactly said. And what you said.

Don't come it . We had a huge thread on this site about it / Told you then little of Shenmue III had been developed and how any chance of Shenmue III was very slim for various money and politics reasons   

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #264 on: June 18, 2014, 07:39:25 am »

Don't come it . We had a huge thread on this site about it / Told you then little of Shenmue III had been developed and how any chance of Shenmue III was very slim for various money and politics reasons   

We had many threads about it. But not once did i say it was coming on DC. Considering this site came way after the DC was canned by Sega. Try again.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #265 on: June 18, 2014, 08:55:45 am »
Shenmue III being released in 2014 for Dreamcast sounds like something Cube would have said. Or maybe East of Eastside.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #266 on: June 18, 2014, 09:14:06 am »
We had many threads about it. But not once did i say it was coming on DC. Considering this site came way after the DC was canned by Sega. Try again.

Oh you did : When trying to make out how much of the game had been developed . I even had to post almost every Mag scans of Shenmue series to date  , to show you how little of Shenmue III had been done on the DC and other than a tiny link of Shenmue III on the SEGA Europe website (in the DC days) that was pretty much all we ever got other than like 2 screen shots
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #267 on: June 18, 2014, 09:19:42 am »
I personally do not care about Shenmue anymore. It would be nice, but real life is far more exciting, their are tons of real people out their, you know but seriously, I mean it is worthless. I am illeterate in Japanese. Case closed, never can enjoy 95% of videogames or comics for that matter like a normal person ever.

Shenmue being released in a CD-case on the PC is good enough for me. It would mark the death, of console videogames, and Bill Gates, would dance on his ceiling. I am being fair, this is what is going to go down.

1. Shenmue is going to be released on some game system, that has not been invented yet.
2. Shenmue is going to be released on PC ( because their is no other choice ). CD-rom case.
3. Shenmue is going to be release on some stupid game console five year olds think is greatest thing
4. Shenmue is going to be released on the Dreamcast, just for the fun of it.

It has been ten years since we were like Shenmue III. It is time for us to make our own Shenmue, Adventure, Action Movie button pressing game. Capcom could do it, why can't we. Look at the Zelda game maker thingy.

Seriously with the current state of the nation ( that nation duh ), I can say, itis pointless, to talk about this, unless we were working on something.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #268 on: June 18, 2014, 09:20:19 am »
Oh you did : When trying to make out how much of the game had been developed . I even had to post almost every Mag scans of Shenmue series to date  , to show you how little of Shenmue III had been done on the DC and other than a tiny link of Shenmue III on the SEGA Europe website (in the DC days) that was pretty much all we ever got other than like 2 screen shots

Wrong. When i joined Sega forums it was back in 2003/4, way after the DC had finished. So you got that completely wrong I should remember that because it was the same time i joined the forum where i met you and i got Sharkey who i knew before from the sega forums to join up. Then we followed him to Sega nerds and then here. So give it up.
And you're still sore about the link. Lemme see ah yes that was down to the fact that you said Sega (in any divison) never said it was even happening and you were proven wrong. by me. As usual.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:22:25 am by ROJM »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #269 on: June 18, 2014, 09:24:28 am »
I personally do not care about Shenmue anymore. It would be nice, but real life is far more exciting, their are tons of real people out their, you know but seriously, I mean it is worthless. I am illeterate in Japanese. Case closed, never can enjoy 95% of videogames or comics for that matter like a normal person ever.

Shenmue being released in a CD-case on the PC is good enough for me. It would mark the death, of console videogames, and Bill Gates, would dance on his ceiling. I am being fair, this is what is going to go down.

1. Shenmue is going to be released on some game system, that has not been invented yet.
2. Shenmue is going to be released on PC ( because their is no other choice ). CD-rom case.
3. Shenmue is going to be release on some stupid game console five year olds think is greatest thing
4. Shenmue is going to be released on the Dreamcast, just for the fun of it.

It has been ten years since we were like Shenmue III. It is time for us to make our own Shenmue, Adventure, Action Movie button pressing game. Capcom could do it, why can't we. Look at the Zelda game maker thingy.

Seriously with the current state of the nation ( that nation duh ), I can say, itis pointless, to talk about this, unless we were working on something.

It would be better to remember the game as an unfinished masterpiece rather than to have its legacy sullied by a terrible game in the series were it to continue.