Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 673214 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train
« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2014, 10:32:29 am »
I personally do not care about Shenmue anymore. It would be nice, but real life is far more exciting, their are tons of real people out their, you know but seriously, I mean it is worthless. I am illeterate in Japanese. Case closed, never can enjoy 95% of videogames or comics for that matter like a normal person ever.

Shenmue being released in a CD-case on the PC is good enough for me. It would mark the death, of console videogames, and Bill Gates, would dance on his ceiling. I am being fair, this is what is going to go down.

1. Shenmue is going to be released on some game system, that has not been invented yet.
2. Shenmue is going to be released on PC ( because their is no other choice ). CD-rom case.
3. Shenmue is going to be release on some stupid game console five year olds think is greatest thing
4. Shenmue is going to be released on the Dreamcast, just for the fun of it.

It has been ten years since we were like Shenmue III. It is time for us to make our own Shenmue, Adventure, Action Movie button pressing game. Capcom could do it, why can't we. Look at the Zelda game maker thingy.

Seriously with the current state of the nation ( that nation duh ), I can say, itis pointless, to talk about this, unless we were working on something.

I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about, but Bill Gates dancing on the ceiling because Shenmue was released on CD ROM is funny. Like he's sitting in his house on his fucking Windows 98 Pentium II computer and then Shenmue arrives in the mail in one of those big cardboard box old-school PC game cases and he's so happy he breaks free from the bounds of gravity and begins dancing on the ceiling upside down.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2014, 11:00:48 am »
Shenmue is already ruined. It has been over ten years, that is like me going back in time, to the NES or even Atari days. It is silly to dwell on the subject any further.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2014, 11:43:55 am »
Shenmue is already ruined. It has been over ten years, that is like me going back in time, to the NES or even Atari days. It is silly to dwell on the subject any further.

Speaking of Atari, why won't they make Custer's Revenge II? We've been waiting long enough. I hope there's an announcement next E3.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #273 on: June 19, 2014, 05:40:13 am »
Wrong. When i joined Sega forums it was back in 2003/4, way after the DC had finished. S

I get bored of your lies and spin .

Who was saying this way back in 2010 ?

" Now people don't need to take mine or TA's word for face value really but only one of us is stating facts that anyone here can actually find evidence to back them up. The biggest one being Sega Europe made a press release about SHENMUE 3.  The one if you trust kikizio who has inside knowledge about sega and have been invited to sega japan on more than one occassion but have ties with many of the employees and ex employess there as well. Or the fact that several ex employees stated that a third game did exist and so on.Now until someone clearly shows evidence that SHENMUE doesn't exist, instead of some quick hand comment or quote  out of context, until someone can quote Yu saying we never made SHENMUE 3 instead of we got no plans for a third game making it ambigous than i suggest that person will shut up instead of turning this forum into "the world according to TA site and everyone else knows jack shit"

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:42:17 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #274 on: June 19, 2014, 05:46:34 am »
I get bored of your lies and spin .

Who was saying this way back in 2010 ?

" Now people don't need to take mine or TA's word for face value really but only one of us is stating facts that anyone here can actually find evidence to back them up. The biggest one being Sega Europe made a press release about SHENMUE 3.  The one if you trust kikizio who has inside knowledge about sega and have been invited to sega japan on more than one occassion but have ties with many of the employees and ex employess there as well. Or the fact that several ex employees stated that a third game did exist and so on.Now until someone clearly shows evidence that SHENMUE doesn't exist, instead of some quick hand comment or quote  out of context, until someone can quote Yu saying we never made SHENMUE 3 instead of we got no plans for a third game making it ambigous than i suggest that person will shut up instead of turning this forum into "the world according to TA site and everyone else knows jack shit"

So where does that say in that quote that the game was still being made? Where does it say it was being made for DC? Your using a quote that was an argument whether the game had started any development which was always the argument. You said it wasn't i said it was. Now you're trying to take something out of context and not even linking wherever it came from either. Not suprising really. That desperate to spin something in order to win an argument....
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:52:43 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #275 on: June 19, 2014, 09:03:56 am »

=======================================================================

Offline ROJM
Kudos: 21
[Give Kudos]
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Shenmue on Yahoo Mobage WTF? Thread
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2010, 10:57:41 am »
Nope sorry, Sega didn't spend 70 million on a 4 disc game. it goes to show how little understanding you have for the industry. no suprise there then.

Now people don't need to take mine or TA's word for face value really but only one of us is stating facts that anyone here can actually find evidence to back them up. The biggest one being Sega Europe made a press release about SHENMUE 3.  The one if you trust kikizio who has inside knowledge about sega and have been invited to sega japan on more than one occassion but have ties with many of the employees and ex employess there as well. Or the fact that several ex employees stated that a third game did exist and so on.

Now until someone clearly shows evidence that SHENMUE doesn't exist, instead of some quick hand comment or quote  out of context, until someone can quote Yu saying we never made SHENMUE 3 instead of we got no plans for a third game making it ambigous than i suggest that person will shut up instead of turning this forum into "the world according to TA site and everyone else knows jack shit."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your words not mine .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #276 on: June 19, 2014, 09:37:39 am »
=======================================================================

Offline ROJM
Kudos: 21
[Give Kudos]
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Shenmue on Yahoo Mobage WTF? Thread
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2010, 10:57:41 am »
Nope sorry, Sega didn't spend 70 million on a 4 disc game. it goes to show how little understanding you have for the industry. no suprise there then.

Now people don't need to take mine or TA's word for face value really but only one of us is stating facts that anyone here can actually find evidence to back them up. The biggest one being Sega Europe made a press release about SHENMUE 3.  The one if you trust kikizio who has inside knowledge about sega and have been invited to sega japan on more than one occassion but have ties with many of the employees and ex employess there as well. Or the fact that several ex employees stated that a third game did exist and so on.

Now until someone clearly shows evidence that SHENMUE doesn't exist, instead of some quick hand comment or quote  out of context, until someone can quote Yu saying we never made SHENMUE 3 instead of we got no plans for a third game making it ambigous than i suggest that person will shut up instead of turning this forum into "the world according to TA site and everyone else knows jack shit."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your words not mine .

My words on what? Sorry but still out of context to the discussion. And again where does it say that the game was coming for DC? You still haven't pointed that out. There's also no link so again these words can easily be changed to suit your argument. Especially since 2010 isn't that long ago. Do you take everyone here for idiots that showing them an offline quote that doesn't mention me saying the game was being made or that it was coming for DC proves your point?

3raser

« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2014, 05:48:31 pm »
SEGA was just starting to develope as a third party gaming company in 2003 & 2004. Most SEGA fans were wanting Shenmue III back then, and at least 30% of them still want a next generation Shenmue game. Probably more than that. Would you like a better link? Here are three:

http://www.ps3news.com/console-news/sega-considers-shenmue-iii-options-trade-exclusivity-for-funds/

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/205541/Yu_Suzuki_revisits_Shenmue_in_GDC_2014_Classic_Game_Postmortem.php

http://www.gamesradar.com/shenmue-3-review/

The links that I provided were from actual news websites. Shenmue III would be impossible not to make. The game has to be made. It WILL happen sometime in the current generation.

It will be the best addition to the entire Shenmue franchise.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2014, 07:29:11 pm »
Okay dude... the GamesRader link is an April Fool's joke. The PS3 News article is from 228 weeks ago, so I think it's safe to say that none of the console manufacturers stepped up to fund Shenmue 3 in return for console exclusivity. And the Gamasutra article is just a recap of the GDC postmortem, which was a cool event but was focused on looking back at the development of the first game in the series.

It's safe to say Yu Suzuki wants to continue the series and is looking for a way to finance it. That's all we really know. I personally think it's best to be even-keeled about it all, not get too hyped up about it, and just wait and see what happens. If there's ever a crowdfunding opportunity, that'll be the time to get involved, take out a second mortgage on your home and start planning a major heist to finance the game.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #279 on: June 20, 2014, 05:59:52 am »
SEGA was just starting to develope as a third party gaming company in 2003 & 2004. Most SEGA fans were wanting Shenmue III back then, and at least 30% of them still want a next generation Shenmue game. Probably more than that. Would you like a better link? Here are three:

http://www.ps3news.com/console-news/sega-considers-shenmue-iii-options-trade-exclusivity-for-funds/

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/205541/Yu_Suzuki_revisits_Shenmue_in_GDC_2014_Classic_Game_Postmortem.php

http://www.gamesradar.com/shenmue-3-review/

The links that I provided were from actual news websites. Shenmue III would be impossible not to make. The game has to be made. It WILL happen sometime in the current generation.

It will be the best addition to the entire Shenmue franchise.

At that time there was an announcement from Sega Europe that SHENMUE 3 would be coming. There was also rumblings that some work had started on SHENMUE 3. It was always assumed att hat time that this would be coming for Xbox because of the exclusive deal with the sequel. Unfortunatly years later someone like TA tried to rewrite history and stated that Sega never started anything on the game and never announced it. Also the fact that they put 70 million into a 4 disc game which Sega didn't do. That official announcement was one of many things i used to show him that what he was saying wasn't true.  The last quote which he can't provide a link to or even state where i supposed to say it was made for the DC or made at all is just another example in trying to strenthen his case about his stance on the game.

Point is Sega made Shenmue and had all the assets needed to complete the series. Took that assets/engine to create the first two games and eventually SHENMUE ONLINE. They did start development on the 3rd game but never got beyond stage1 pre planning /development.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 06:29:45 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #280 on: June 20, 2014, 06:42:20 am »
My words on what? Sorry but still out of context to the discussion.

Shenmue III back in 2010 . Some us told you then that little of Shenmue 3 had been developed (even on the DC ) and that the chances of any new Shenmue game on the consoles very small
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #281 on: June 20, 2014, 07:08:27 am »

Shenmue III back in 2010 . Some us told you then that little of Shenmue 3 had been developed (even on the DC ) and that the chances of any new Shenmue game on the consoles very small

Again on what. You have a quote that doesn't MENTION me saying anything on when the game was developed, that  i said it was made for DC or anything else. So if you are going to use something against me link to the actual thread instead of copy and pasting something that doesn't even refer to what you are talking about.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #282 on: June 26, 2014, 12:09:21 pm »
1.  Shenmue is not a franchise, it is a series, a story, saga, etc. That is a corperate word.

2. Franchise means to say, how we use it. Meaning we make toys, toothpaste, glow pens, vibrators, candy.....Bomb-omb candy anyone? How about an EggoStraberry Salad with Matic magic matinee.

3. It does not matter how vast Shenmue 3 is, this is not 2000, or whenever it was released. That was back then, I would just like to see an high-profile usage of the game itself, without the coloring.

4. Speaking of coloring, Ryu to everybody else coloring is wrong. Just because he is East Asian, doesn't mean he will be the most yellowist thing. This is my response for the mock up, of the game.
Everybody needs more coloring.......more 1980's or 1990's coloring, not the coloring of bland photogenic shit r-tard coloring. I am not buying this Shenmue if Ryu is not in the correct timeline and he looks like he went to a detanning place. One thing I love about the original Shenmue was the vivid colors.

5. I am not a fool for this anymore. I like Shenmue and all, but they better learn their lesson from RE5 and RE6. Where they kinds killed off the point of playing the RE games after six. I hope they do not do anything stupid like morph the characters. Make it impossible to look at or play.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2014, 04:16:14 am »
1.  Shenmue is not a franchise, it is a series, a story, saga, etc. That is a corperate word.

2. Franchise means to say, how we use it. Meaning we make toys, toothpaste, glow pens, vibrators, candy.....Bomb-omb candy anyone? How about an EggoStraberry Salad with Matic magic matinee.

Most companies think of games as a Franchise these days and SHENMUE like it or not was thought of as one when Sega tried to spin off the material in various formats in the noughties. Franchise doesn't just include merchandise in the video game world. RYU GA GOTOKU is a franchise because the game has had several spin offs. As Sonic is. And unless you miss the boat there's quite a few SHENMUE merc out there.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2014, 11:20:38 am »
SHAMMO TRES:

CONFIRMED
https://twitter.com/giargiagames/status/482492528697294848/photo/1

H8rs are BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

etc etc

For real apparently Yu Suzuki himself said 'It's a little joke I made last night'. Yu Suzuki confirmed for God of Trolling 2014.