Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 668275 times)

3raser

Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train
« Reply #300 on: July 06, 2014, 10:56:06 am »
SHAMMO TRES:

CONFIRMED
https://twitter.com/giargiagames/status/482492528697294848/photo/1

H8rs are BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

etc etc

For real apparently Yu Suzuki himself said 'It's a little joke I made last night'. Yu Suzuki confirmed for God of Trolling 2014.

It seems like it could be another game. I just hope it is Shenmue related.[

1.  Shenmue is not a franchise, it is a series, a story, saga, etc. That is a corperate word.

2. Franchise means to say, how we use it. Meaning we make toys, toothpaste, glow pens, vibrators, candy.....Bomb-omb candy anyone? How about an EggoStraberry Salad with Matic magic matinee.

3. It does not matter how vast Shenmue 3 is, this is not 2000, or whenever it was released. That was back then, I would just like to see an high-profile usage of the game itself, without the coloring.

4. Speaking of coloring, Ryu to everybody else coloring is wrong. Just because he is East Asian, doesn't mean he will be the most yellowist thing. This is my response for the mock up, of the game.
Everybody needs more coloring.......more 1980's or 1990's coloring, not the coloring of bland photogenic shit r-tard coloring. I am not buying this Shenmue if Ryu is not in the correct timeline and he looks like he went to a detanning place. One thing I love about the original Shenmue was the vivid colors.

5. I am not a fool for this anymore. I like Shenmue and all, but they better learn their lesson from RE5 and RE6. Where they kinds killed off the point of playing the RE games after six. I hope they do not do anything stupid like morph the characters. Make it impossible to look at or play.

#1? #2
What about Shenmue the luchbox? Shenmue the tshirt? Shenmue the doll? Do those not sound like part of a franchise? Maybe they should make Shenmue the toothpaste.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #301 on: July 07, 2014, 09:13:44 am »
^You even quoted the part where I told you that Yu Suzuki said 'It's all a joke I made up last night for fun'.

The symbol means nothing, there is no Shampoo III.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #302 on: July 07, 2014, 08:47:57 pm »
^You even quoted the part where I told you that Yu Suzuki said 'It's all a joke I made up last night for fun'.

The symbol means nothing, there is no Shampoo III.

I think 3raser was going along with your joke out of sarcasm. As if to say, "Yeah. That's totally real. NOT!" If Shemnue III (not Shampoo III) was released, then it would most likely be announced closer to before E3. Not right after E3. I think there is still a chance that Yu Suzuki could make the game on the current generation of consoles. After all, the main consoles came out last year. Why would he not make it? Would it not cost the same as some other poorly developed Sega game? No. Because we all want it to be better than anything Sega has ever done as a third-party company. Yeah. That was my sarcasm. Shenmue III is the worst Sega fan idea. If it were true, then Sega would have released a Dreamcast II already (about ten years ago). Even if Shenmue III was created, who would remember it or care enough to buy it? This is for bashing my Sports thread so much, 3raser.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 08:56:31 pm by Spock »

3raser

« Reply #303 on: July 09, 2014, 05:43:14 pm »
I think 3raser was going along with your joke out of sarcasm. As if to say, "Yeah. That's totally real. NOT!" If Shemnue III (not Shampoo III) was released, then it would most likely be announced closer to before E3. Not right after E3. I think there is still a chance that Yu Suzuki could make the game on the current generation of consoles. After all, the main consoles came out last year. Why would he not make it? Would it not cost the same as some other poorly developed Sega game? No. Because we all want it to be better than anything Sega has ever done as a third-party company. Yeah. That was my sarcasm. Shenmue III is the worst Sega fan idea. If it were true, then Sega would have released a Dreamcast II already (about ten years ago). Even if Shenmue III was created, who would remember it or care enough to buy it? This is for bashing my Sports thread so much, 3raser.
For bashing your sports thread? No. I was not saying that anyone would stop posting after the World Cup. I was just saying that no one cared about tennis. You can talk about tennis if you want. I just think that a tennis thread would be ignored more quickly. You started the sports thread at a bad time. There was already a World Cup thread. That's what people actually cared about at the time you posted it.
Shenmue on the other hand, it is very possible!

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/features/interviews/am2/

http://t.joystiq.com/all/2014-03-21-yu-suzuki-researching-but-not-committed-to-shenmue-3-kickstar?oswbuild=b0.34&mediaKey=joystiq&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dyu%2Bsuzuki%2Bshenmue%2B3&a%3Dresults&MID%3D2500&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.joystiq.com%2F2014%2F03%2F21%2Fyu-suzuki-researching-but-not-committed-to-shenmue-3-kickstar%2F&oswts=1404944884791&width=320&height=460&size=small&olcts=1404944885279

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/07/yu_suzuki_im_ready_to_create_shenmue_iii_should_the_right_circumstances_arise

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-20-yu-suzuki-is-looking-into-kickstarter

He did not want to do it at first, then he was thinking about it. Yu Suzuki is now actually WANTING to do it. You can't just say the last link is outdated or an April Fools joke. It's a fact. It's happening, even if you don't want it to.

It is now time to give the Sega fans what they really want!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:49:00 pm by 3raser »

Offline Spock

« Reply #304 on: July 26, 2014, 05:06:10 pm »
#1? #2
What about Shenmue the luchbox? Shenmue the tshirt? Shenmue the doll? Do those not sound like part of a franchise? Maybe they should make Shenmue the toothpaste.

If large companies can create something as controversial as "Black Man's Toothpaste", then they could actually make Shenmue Toothpaste, so it's not as crazy as it sounds. Maybe we should protest for them to make that instead of a new Shenmue game.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2014, 09:22:08 am »
The thing is in a franchise, a person who has nothing to do with the product at all could be making money legally and does not praise the product asides for the money from it. Like that Final Fantasy VII guy who kept going on and on about how FF has this and that. It is just insane to see.

I will admit I am being a two faced about the subject, seeing how I have many fanstub, idols, and little propaganda reminders of products I enjoy.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:25:16 am by RegalSin »

Offline Spock

« Reply #306 on: July 27, 2014, 01:48:36 pm »
^It was only a joke.

Offline Spock

« Reply #307 on: August 03, 2014, 11:40:46 am »
A new installment to Shenmue was announced a long time ago. It was just cancelled. Why can't Sega just HD polish the data we all know is saved somewhere, then just make it digital download? I mean, at least people would stop debating if they will ever make it or not...

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #308 on: August 03, 2014, 05:34:12 pm »
1. HD is an option not for everybody. As with VCD back in the 1990's for US market

2. Shenmue is SEGA's baby. Their pride and joy. It can not fail. It represents the apex of what could be achieved with 3d games, as well as the highest point in Original-SEGA ( the SEGA we all know and love ) point in life. Releasing Shenmue on another console is like if Nintendo started to port their games. They have to be very careful about how this release is carried out.

3. If they release it as a download it would be a slap in the face to the fans and consumers. They would not be the ones managing the data as well. It might as well end up on an horror show like the Auyogahhh thingy.

Offline Spock

« Reply #309 on: August 10, 2014, 07:54:20 pm »
You were saying that you wanted a new console before a new Shenmue, correct? Not possible. It never will happen. Sega can not afford it. They can't even afford to make good games anymore. I support Sega for the games they used to make. The games before they decided to be a third party company. Do I think it would be nice to see a Shenmue III from Sega? Yes. I would play it. Do I think it is a good idea for Sega? Yes and no. Mostly no because they need both more money and better approval from Mr. Suzuki.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #310 on: August 11, 2014, 05:29:40 am »
You were saying that you wanted a new console before a new Shenmue, correct? Not possible. It never will happen. Sega can not afford it. They can't even afford to make good games anymore. I support Sega for the games they used to make. The games before they decided to be a third party company. Do I think it would be nice to see a Shenmue III from Sega? Yes. I would play it. Do I think it is a good idea for Sega? Yes and no. Mostly no because they need both more money and better approval from Mr. Suzuki.

Technically Sega can afford to create a games console. They never stopped creating hardware, that's a western misconception. They just being used for the arcade market and the sega toys market. But in this climate its unwise to create a games system for homes. And SHENMUE is stopped because of game politics not that they can't afford to make it but the concern over costs and returns of that investment.And no Sega doesn't need Suzuki's approval to carry on with the title. They didn't ask him to use Ryo for SONIC AND SEGA ALL STARS RACING.It was AM2's call. And they ultimately do what the management wants.

Offline Spock

« Reply #311 on: August 11, 2014, 04:16:47 pm »
Technically Sega can afford to create a games console. They never stopped creating hardware, that's a western misconception. They just being used for the arcade market and the sega toys market. But in this climate its unwise to create a games system for homes. And SHENMUE is stopped because of game politics not that they can't afford to make it but the concern over costs and returns of that investment.And no Sega doesn't need Suzuki's approval to carry on with the title. They didn't ask him to use Ryo for SONIC AND SEGA ALL STARS RACING.It was AM2's call. And they ultimately do what the management wants.
Proof?

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #312 on: August 11, 2014, 09:29:32 pm »
Proof of what?

Sega still makes hardware. You can google that. The NU was released less than a year ago. That's on Wikipedia.

They have about 5 billion in assets, 1.3 billion cash on hand, about 850 million in debt. I suppose for comparison, they've roughly the assets as EA games. Obviously not as big as Nintendo or Activision. Certainly not Sony or MS. You can get all that from a basic investing website.

Sega blew a solid 500 mill developing and marketing the Dreamcast over the course of about two years (between start of dev in 97 and 9/9/99)- but it was state of the art and was also a very successful arcade board. I have no idea how much a modern console would cost to make, but there really isn't a reason they wouldn't be able to just slap an arcade board in a sleek black box with a DVD drive or something and throw us the old six button. They could make a new console - it just would not be worth it for them (or us probably). If we assume Sega spends 500 million develop the console and then I guess about 200 mill to market it for launch in the USA and Japan, maybe 100 mill in Europe. They'd blow through the bank account, definitely, but it is technically doable. Sega's much bigger than they were in 2000 you know.

You don't think Sega had 50 -100 mill in the bank for part 3? How broke do you think the company is? Joe's not saying they would make a return on the investment, he is saying they have the cash to do it.

Shenmue is Sega's property, not Yu's.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:35:30 pm by jonboy101 »

Offline Spock

« Reply #313 on: August 12, 2014, 09:38:40 pm »
I wanted proof of the latter. Yu Suzuki writes the stories of Shenmue, so Sega owns it? If they do, then what's the problem with making the game? I guess they just can't afford it. Oh wait! That's right! You basically said they were the richest company in the world. I suppose now we can expect a new console, a new Sonic Adventure game, and a new Shenmue game. That's what ALL, I repeat, ALL of the Sega fans want.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #314 on: August 13, 2014, 05:12:28 am »
I wanted proof of the latter. Yu Suzuki writes the stories of Shenmue, so Sega owns it? If they do, then what's the problem with making the game? I guess they just can't afford it. Oh wait! That's right! You basically said they were the richest company in the world. I suppose now we can expect a new console, a new Sonic Adventure game, and a new Shenmue game. That's what ALL, I repeat, ALL of the Sega fans want.

Spock, stop wasting everyone's time. Start educating yourself on game properties and how it works and the legalities involved. Stop living in this wishy washy world where things can be done by the click of your hands. We in this forum has had this discussion on SHENMUE for countless times to go before you came and more likely will have it after you leave.  To most of us were re trending old ground here. The situation isn't going to change just because you can't accept the realities of who owns SHENMUE, The politics involved in making SHENMUE and everything else.