Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 673295 times)

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train
« Reply #345 on: September 03, 2014, 07:38:27 pm »
Spock, I feel like you just said the PS2 was superior to the DC and Shenmue sucks.

Did I miss something? Are you insane?

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #346 on: September 04, 2014, 02:23:50 am »
until Sony announced that it was compatible with high speed internet access and was equipped with better graphics.

Nothing high speed about SONY PS2 narrowband network . You need to remember that DC did offer broadband support too .

A third game would just be rediculous. Can you name a 3 to any film of video game series that turned out good? I can not think of one at all.

Films and games are totally different . I can name you loads of games where the 3rd enytry in the series are totally brilliant like Panzer Dragoon Saga, Sonic III, Mario III, Zelda III, Halo 3, GTA III and so on it goes

On top of that, PS2 had a faster load and save time.

Depends on the game .

Especially not a lame game like Shenmue or the awful sequel it had. The first game was two star at best. I can't even give a half star for the second game.

So you're just trolling then and posting in a topic you have no real interest in . I agree the 1st game wasn't that great, the 2nd game was bloody amazing though imo and one of the best RPG I have ever played .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #347 on: September 04, 2014, 04:30:51 am »
Wait... I just realized you said it would be a low investment. Isn't the idea to have a higher investment, so that Sega could make more money? I think that Shenmue is a terrible franchise to revive for multiple reasons that I have previously discussed. I mean, no one - other than the people who post stuff on these forums - hardly even remembers Shenmue games. Dreamcast, sure. I mean, people thought the Dreamcast was a great competitor for the PS2, until Sony announced that it was compatible with high speed internet access and was equipped with better graphics. It even had a DVD player. The Dreamcast may have had a CD player. It just had too many issued, such as actually screwing up the system entirely. On top of that, PS2 had a faster load and save time. People easily went with the PS2, so they can't hardly remember too many games on Dreamcast. Especially not a lame game like Shenmue or the awful sequel it had. The first game was two star at best. I can't even give a half star for the second game. A third game would just be rediculous. Can you name a 3 to any film of video game series that turned out good? I can not think of one at all.

Good third films in a series are unusual, but not unheard of. Die Hard With a Vengeance, while not being of the standard of the original (which may be the best action movie ever made), is far better then Die Hard 2. Also you could mention Goldfinger, Army of Darkness, Return of the Jedi and others.

You are correct that most of the gaming public does not know of Shenmue, so you would need to do a HD re-release of the first 2 on Xbox1, PS4 and PC to establish it in the minds of the general gaming public as the landmark series it is. Also I would say the only way to do Shenmue 3 would be to bring back Yu Suzuki.

The PS2 had 1 seriously major advantage over the Dreamcast. DVD. Millions of people got it because it was half the price of other DVD players. For quite a long time, the number of games sold per system was very low. That eventually chaged, because if you have the machine, you may as well get some sports and party titles.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #348 on: September 04, 2014, 07:20:43 am »
Spock, I feel like you just said the PS2 was superior to the DC and Shenmue sucks.

Did I miss something? Are you insane?

I figured that a while back which is why i started to take the piss out of him....

Offline Spock

« Reply #349 on: September 04, 2014, 04:03:51 pm »
I agree with you TruthEnigma, that is what I have been trying to explain. Yu Suzuki would have to be a part of it and an hd release first would be the best idea if Sega does decide to make the game for some strange reason. I'm not saying Sega will not make the game. I'm just saying it would be a bad idea, unless they make the game superior to the first and far more superior to the second. ROJM, do you not have anything better to do than just try and complain about what everyone posts?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #350 on: September 05, 2014, 08:21:33 am »
I agree with you TruthEnigma, that is what I have been trying to explain. Yu Suzuki would have to be a part of it and an hd release first would be the best idea if Sega does decide to make the game for some strange reason. I'm not saying Sega will not make the game. I'm just saying it would be a bad idea, unless they make the game superior to the first and far more superior to the second. ROJM, do you not have anything better to do than just try and complain about what everyone posts?

Do you have anything better to do than make silly remarks and contradict yourself in your own posts?
Yu Suzuki doesn't have to be a part of any SHENMUE game...he wasn't even an active part of any of the recent VIRTUA FIGHTER games which he created. So i really don't know why you continue to ignore that fact and basically troll this topic on nonsense in a subject you clearly know nothing about.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #351 on: September 05, 2014, 08:29:12 am »
Good third films in a series are unusual, but not unheard of. Die Hard With a Vengeance, while not being of the standard of the original (which may be the best action movie ever made), is far better then Die Hard 2. Also you could mention Goldfinger, Army of Darkness, Return of the Jedi and others.

You are correct that most of the gaming public does not know of Shenmue, so you would need to do a HD re-release of the first 2 on Xbox1, PS4 and PC to establish it in the minds of the general gaming public as the landmark series it is. Also I would say the only way to do Shenmue 3 would be to bring back Yu Suzuki.

The PS2 had 1 seriously major advantage over the Dreamcast. DVD. Millions of people got it because it was half the price of other DVD players. For quite a long time, the number of games sold per system was very low. That eventually chaged, because if you have the machine, you may as well get some sports and party titles.

Having Yu Suzuki'S name attached wouldn't change anything in my opinion. It would be good if he was involved but he wasn't really going to be involved with SHENMUE 3 when that started. The reality is the DC mess up thanks to SOJ and their yes men guaranteed that this series was never going to continue despite indications that it was..if it the DC had been around longer we would have seen all the games released by now and talking about how great a classic it was. But Sega just isn't sega when they are on other peoples systems..we have seen that with other titles of sega characters and how they've been.
Now we live the true sega fan in a nightmare where we have capcom supporters coming on here bashing sega for not being like capcom, slagging off the MD and Attacking anything strong about the current brand and trying to make other companies are performing better than sega when they are not as well as talking about things they clearly know nothing about, zealots and mad men telling people their were Streets of Rage movies when there was not and people that can't make a clear and concise argument about whether they like SHENMUE or not. This is the torture that the few Sega fans have to put up with....
Not saying things will be all perfect but Sega will probably be better as a consumer developer if they had their own console to work on again...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:30:43 am by ROJM »

Offline Spock

« Reply #352 on: September 05, 2014, 09:29:59 pm »
Do you have anything better to do than make silly remarks and contradict yourself in your own posts?
Yu Suzuki doesn't have to be a part of any SHENMUE game...he wasn't even an active part of any of the recent VIRTUA FIGHTER games which he created. So i really don't know why you continue to ignore that fact and basically troll this topic on nonsense in a subject you clearly know nothing about.
Ah. So basically if someone else said the exact same thing I have been trying to say, they have a well thought out idea. If I say something, then I don't know what I'm talking about. Ok.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #353 on: September 06, 2014, 07:23:42 am »
Ah. So basically if someone else said the exact same thing I have been trying to say, they have a well thought out idea. If I say something, then I don't know what I'm talking about. Ok.

No i would debate about it..in a more well presented manner as they presented their views. Simple really.

Offline Spock

« Reply #354 on: September 13, 2014, 08:06:44 am »
No i would debate about it..in a more well presented manner as they presented their views. Simple really.
Thanks for trying your best to stir controversy. I have nothing more to say to your ignorant views of my opinion.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #355 on: September 13, 2014, 02:38:02 pm »
Thanks for trying your best to stir controversy. I have nothing more to say to your ignorant views of my opinion.

Good but they're not ignorant..its the truth. Something you need to accept.See ya wouldn't wanna be ya...

3raser

« Reply #356 on: January 31, 2015, 03:44:16 pm »
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-20-yu-suzuki-is-looking-into-kickstarter

This is actual news. He could just be hinting at another one of his other games. Whatever it is, it's something worth mentioning. I'm sure it will be something to look into and discuss.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro

3raser

« Reply #358 on: February 03, 2015, 10:28:31 pm »
It takes time to make video games. If he just started working on the game last year (which he probably didn't), then he might not have it made until next year. He could be working on the story, character sketches, sound, or anything similar before he decides which company to choose for his game. Shenmue III is still possible. Just not possible through Sega. If he says he wants to do it, then he will at least try. He made that terrible Shenmue mobile game. I'm sure he can make at least a decent sequel to Shenmue II. Am I wrong?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #359 on: February 03, 2015, 11:02:52 pm »
Yu Suzuki isn't making Shenmue III (see Polygon interview) and he shouldn't be with YS.NET. They aren't big enough to handle the project. If anything, Yu Suzuki needs to show big publishers that they can handle games that fans are willing to buy.

If Yu Suzuki is thinking of starting a Kickstarter or other sort of crowd sourcing project, I think he should start with a console game like Keiji Inafune did with Mighty No.9. He already paid 4x the developement from fans and is coming to Linux, Windows, 3DS, OS X, PS3, PS4, Vita, Wii U, 360, and Xbone.

The funny thing is, Yu Suzuki's biggest money makers where arcade games and the PSN/XBLA market eats those types of games like hot wings, with licking fingers and all.

I don't think you understand how many people at SEGA worked on the Shenmue project...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:04:32 pm by George »