Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 673507 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train
« Reply #525 on: May 20, 2015, 12:37:19 pm »
Here's my issue with the image. That isn't from some panel presentation, that is from a computer monitor. Notice how one shot is from below, but then one is magically from above. If this was some panel, did the photographer magically float to the ceiling and snap a photo? And if it is on a computer screen... save out the original image. There is no reason to take photos of a computer like that. Also, SEGA and Square? lol

Oh, and PS4 and Steam but no Xbox feels like a fanboy picking their preferred platforms for this fake leak.

That's what I was asking, nobody can source the original picture or give any context to it.

As for the PS4 + Steam, that actually would make sense since Sony+Sega have been rumoured to be teaming up, and Sony will fund stuff that Sega doesn't want to touch anymore, eg Yakuza 5 translation.
There's also precedence with Street Fighter V.

Offline SuperSonicEX

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #526 on: May 20, 2015, 04:35:46 pm »
Yea, they have been working closer these days (plus Yu Suzuki has been hanging around with Mark Cerny, though they are friends) so it MIGHT BE possible, but didn't Sony mention that there are numerous rights issue with Shenmue (or at least with the older games. which I think they would need to re-introduce the series to audiences after so long?).

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #527 on: May 20, 2015, 05:07:25 pm »
There are always rumors about the game just before every E3. Another company buying Shenmue III or Sega itself (again) would be highly unlikely. Especially in this point of time. Yu Suzuki could release handheld Shenmue III games or just books. Those two options are more likely. Still doubtful. I DO think those are the only ways though. Square Enix had too many good games to be worried about buying a company that hasn't recently released anything good. Besides, that doesn't hardly even look like Ryo.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 05:09:39 pm by Spock »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #528 on: May 20, 2015, 05:10:11 pm »
This isn't going to happen, I do know that SEGA has been trying to get a Shenmue HD port off its feet for awhile but the issue isn't going to be solved with Squeer co-publishing it.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #529 on: May 20, 2015, 05:45:11 pm »
This isn't going to happen, I do know that SEGA has been trying to get a Shenmue HD port off its feet for awhile but the issue isn't going to be solved with Squeer co-publishing it.

I'd have to disagree. The fact that Sony and SE are involved is the only thing to me that lends credence to the image.

Also, SE has a better RPG publishing track record (sales, not quality) than SEGA. It would be a smart move to co-publish a risky Japanese title like Shenmue with them.

Also, SE has a conference for E3 this year. This would easily be a huge hype machine for them. Can't think of any legacy game that would get more hype from than a remaster of Shenmue.

If this is all a hoax, this is the best one I've seen yet as far as timing and implications.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 05:49:09 pm by Randroid »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #530 on: May 20, 2015, 07:06:09 pm »
I'd have to disagree. The fact that Sony and SE are involved is the only thing to me that lends credence to the image.

Also, SE has a better RPG publishing track record (sales, not quality) than SEGA. It would be a smart move to co-publish a risky Japanese title like Shenmue with them.

Also, SE has a conference for E3 this year. This would easily be a huge hype machine for them. Can't think of any legacy game that would get more hype from than a remaster of Shenmue.

If this is all a hoax, this is the best one I've seen yet as far as timing and implications.
I agree with all of this.
A SE-backed Shenmue would be an astonishing success, SE RPGs are hyped beyond imagination.
The only thing to generate more hype would be a FF7 remake.

On Yu Suzuki, doesn't he have the story in book form hidden away in case he dies before completing the games?
SEG4GES

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #531 on: May 20, 2015, 07:43:28 pm »
It's not happening yet. It's not on any major news site. It definitely would be if it were announced by Yu Suzuki.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/vertical/entertainment

Also, check out the photo attachment.

Offline Spock

« Reply #532 on: May 20, 2015, 07:48:11 pm »
pcm92, E3 hasn't happened yet. He wouldn't announce it before E3. Nevertheless, he probably wouldn't annonce it at all. It would depend on if he has the ideas that I have or something else up his sleeve that's even better.

Offline George

« Reply #533 on: May 20, 2015, 10:09:20 pm »
This isn't real.  Don't be gullible.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #534 on: May 21, 2015, 02:49:58 am »
The person who made the fake responded to sites reporting on his obvious fake: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=164556603&postcount=5137

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #535 on: May 21, 2015, 03:49:49 am »
The person who made the fake responded to sites reporting on his obvious fake: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=164556603&postcount=5137

Ooooh that hurts sooo much.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #536 on: May 21, 2015, 06:27:43 am »
What if THIS GIF is fake, and it's all a ruse to make us believe Shenmue isn't coming at all when it is?
SEG4GES

Offline George

« Reply #537 on: May 21, 2015, 03:41:26 pm »
Jesus Crackdude, you really wanna believe.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #538 on: May 21, 2015, 03:47:35 pm »
You better believe it bud.
SEG4GES

Offline Spock

« Reply #539 on: May 22, 2015, 04:36:18 am »
It depends on how often Yu Suzuki appears more often. If he appears or doesn't appear more often, then he's probably developing a new title. This might be obvious, I just don't keep up with stuff like this. Has Sega had Shenmue characters crossed into other games yet?