Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 673001 times)

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
If last night hadn't happened, this would be a good time to use the "Maybe the real Shenmue 3 was the friends we made along the way" line.

Kudos for that.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Shenmue III means everyone on this forum loves each other.

Until the next mobile game is announced that'll make you all go into a fit of rage and want to burn down the forums.

(Whilst I'm rubbing my hands at playing it AHAHAHAHAHAHA)

If last night hadn't happened, this would be a good time to use the "Maybe the real Shenmue 3 was the friends we made along the way" line.

What if Shenmue 3 bombs and Shenmue 4 is finally iced forever? Dun dun dun.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
What if Shenmue 3 bombs and Shenmue 4 is finally iced forever? Dun dun dun.

Then we hunker down for another 15 years until it gets revealed at E3 2030.
Kudos for that.

Speaking of which, where are my Kudos, Barry you WEASEL!

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train
« Reply #888 on: June 16, 2015, 09:56:39 am »
Shibuya Productions is yet to do any video game projects, they've done movies and animation so this will be their first real leap into the gaming industry.

http://www.shibuya-productions.com/en/projets.html

People should expect alot more of these firms to open up in the feature, the gap between kickstarter and creators

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
So will it reach 3 million by the end of the first day? I think it will be at 2.6 personally. I think it'll reach 4 million by the end of the week and will dramatically slow after that. Maybe making 5 million by the end.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
So will it reach 3 million by the end of the first day? I think it will be at 2.6 personally. I think it'll reach 4 million by the end of the week and will dramatically slow after that. Maybe making 5 million by the end.

Kickstarters are traditionally really strongly funded at the very beginning and very end of the campaign. I think if it's at 3 million by the time it slows down, it'll potentially hit 5 or 6 by the last day. The last day or two you get everyone who 'umm and ahh's about it having to make a choice.

Offline jonboy101

Kickstarters are traditionally really strongly funded at the very beginning and very end of the campaign. I think if it's at 3 million by the time it slows down, it'll potentially hit 5 or 6 by the last day. The last day or two you get everyone who 'umm and ahh's about it having to make a choice.

I'm not sure there's a large group who would um and aw with this though. I imagine most Shenmue fans are putting their money where their mouth is, and fairly soon.

I think 10 total, but it could just be optimism.

They probably should have set a higher goal.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:36:41 am by jonboy101 »

Offline jonboy101

Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train
« Reply #892 on: June 16, 2015, 10:30:13 am »
Realistically I see this kick starter reaching about 5 million USD tops.

I've still yet to put my money in but I am considering the $100, don't actually have that at the moment... Does any one know if I can do one funding option and then bump it up to the next later on?

You can. There's a manage pledge option once you've donated.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
^Have to take into account, there are a lot of people who'll just ride the wave of hype. Not to mention people who want to back but need time to get their funds together etc.

Offline jonboy101

^Have to take into account, there are a lot of people who'll just ride the wave of hype. Not to mention people who want to back but need time to get their funds together etc.

Fair with time to get funds together, definitely agree with the hype wave.

You know the best part of all this is no longer having to read people moaning about Shenmue 3 in the comments every time Sega is in the news.

Offline Moody

I'm in the camp of "getting the funds together." I wanna get the digital copy, but I'm short on cash, but the more I think about it, that physical copy is REALLY alluring, so I may just buckle down and go for the sixty dollar reward.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
I am consdering upping my pledge, the rewards seem pretty nice.

Offline Sharky

Pretty cool milestone I just saw, 1000 backers for every day the kick starter has left... On the first day too. Pretty awesome to see!

Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
Pretty cool milestone I just saw, 1000 backers for every day the kick starter has left... On the first day too. Pretty awesome to see!

Already 170 more backed in the time since you took that screenshot. This is nuts.

Offline Sharky

This is too good... It's righteous! RIGHTEOUS!

Also it's now passed 2.5 million USD.
Made by SEGA