Author Topic: Fat lips evolve at record speed  (Read 19682 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Fat lips evolve at record speed
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 10:10:43 am »
I never gave a shit about biology classes, my professor was usually high. Now I'm taking physics so I don't know a lot about evolution and cells and that stuff.

So evolution is basically just various adaptations to the environment/predators?
Well then it kinda makes sense. I remember now this funny picture in my Biology book about these short necked giraffes that couldn't get to trees and died haha

I still think that the evolution of man (history classes) is really just a dumb excuse to not believe in god. The theory is largely flawed. I remember studying it.

I did not knew evolution was related to these smaller adaptations. This is fresh stuff.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
SEG4GES

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 10:19:59 am »
So God made big lipped fish, chicks dig it and it passes on.

Evolution!?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 10:37:59 am »
Fish with big fat lips are an integral part of the end of days George, you just do not know it!

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 10:45:22 am »
Quote from: "crackdude"
I still think that the evolution of man (history classes) is really just a dumb excuse to not believe in god. The theory is largely flawed. I remember studying it.

I did not knew evolution was related to these smaller adaptations. This is fresh stuff.

Rather, an all powerful bloke that we can't hear, see or smell and is everywhere and nowhere all at once, that we have to rely on existing based soully on nothing but blind faith magiced them into existence.

For no good reason but to back up the claim of scientists that we evolved and weren’t created by magic. Undermining his whole set up...

K.
Made by SEGA

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 01:04:29 pm »
Quote from: "Aki-at"
That's the example I was taught at school too!

What are you Portuguese taught at school these days?

I never had biology, it's just that I think he's not getting the point.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 02:40:57 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"

Rather, an all powerful bloke that we can't hear, see or smell and is everywhere and nowhere all at once, that we have to rely on existing based soully on nothing but blind faith magiced them into existence.

For no good reason but to back up the claim of scientists that we evolved and weren’t created by magic. Undermining his whole set up...

K.

Yes you're right.. I guess that believing that some massive quantity of energy and all matter condensed into a single point blowing up out of nowhere due to something and then everything evolving just because makes so much more sense.

I believe that everything came out of grand quantities of energy. But if that energy came from anywhere, I believe it was from god. So if I believe in god, why not in the creation of a human race?
The evolutionary chain of humans is flawed. I remember some huge question marks in the chain they showed me in History class.
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 02:54:59 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"

K.

Yes you're right.. I guess that believing that some massive quantity of energy and all matter condensed into a single point blowing up out of nowhere due to something and then everything evolving just because makes so much more sense.

I believe that everything came out of grand quantities of energy. But if that energy came from anywhere, I believe it was from god. So if I believe in god, why not in the creation of a human race?
The evolutionary chain of humans is flawed. I remember some huge question marks in the chain they showed me in History class.

I never claimed to know what started our universe... But some magical invisible guy that can do magic and make things out of nothing is pretty far down on my 'likely to be the real answer' list.

But you are aloud to believe what ever you like... Which 'god' is YOUR 'god'...
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 03:03:25 pm »
I don't go around saying "you are all wrong" but the evolution theory just doesn't make sense to me.

I did not know about these adaptation evolutions. These are fascinating.

I only mentioned the creation of universe to start my point as to why I believe in god ;)
SEG4GES

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 05:37:17 pm »
That's stupid. That's like saying that autism is a new human specie evolving.

Some people actually believe autism to be a small part of our next step in evolution. It is easier for autistic people to match colors and to sometimes count, this could be part of our brains becoming stronger.

Sorry for the late response.

While that may be true, there is far too much evidence pointing in the opposite direction that says it is real, though none is definite.

Which, even if evolution does exist this would not rule out an omnipresence existing. What is not to say 'God' just made things evolve him/her/itself? Why would their be outside of it's power?

And just to remind people this is a topic about a set of fish, there is no need for this kind of discussion to go on for another ten pages!

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 06:56:25 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"

Some people actually believe autism to be a small part of our next step in evolution. It is easier for autistic people to match colors and to sometimes count, this could be part of our brains becoming stronger.

Sorry for the late response.

Now this is really interesting. Imma go search on this subject.

While that may be true, there is far too much evidence pointing in the opposite direction that says it is real, though none is definite.

Which, even if evolution does exist this would not rule out an omnipresence existing. What is not to say 'God' just made things evolve him/her/itself? Why would their be outside of it's power?
That is an interesting point of view. Though, the belief in God comes from the Bible. If so, the first human couple was created, not evolved, along with other animals. From calculations based on the ages mentioned on the bible, that would date the human presence on Earth in something more than 6000 years. Yes, only that much. Which makes sense taking into account what is on record about the "homo sapien sapien".
There were lots of changes in the animal kingdom before the supposed human creation, dinosaurs for example. So evolution in animals could be something to consider.
But the 6k years of human history make sense, and would explain the flaws on the "human evolution", which would not exist. The Homo Sapiens and Erectus could simply be some extinct apes. That's why scientists can't make everything "click".
That's loosely my opinion based on loose facts. Since:
And just to remind people this is a topic about a set of fish, there is no need for this kind of discussion to go on for another ten pages!
I won't go deeper on this, nor will I respond to other replies here ;)
SEG4GES

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2010, 08:34:26 pm »

The Big Bang Theory has little to do with the Theory of Evolution. You went on a tangent about the Big Bang for no reason. Again, get your facts straight.

Also, a belief in God does not mean that you have to refute evolution. Do you think that a divine being could be incapable of creating living things that could change or adapt to their environments? The Bible does not say that he couldn't. In fact, the Bible does not say anything about evolution or its processes at all.

That is an interesting point of view. Though, the belief in God comes from the Bible. If so, the first human couple was created, not evolved, along with other animals. From calculations based on the ages mentioned on the bible, that would date the human presence on Earth in something more than 6000 years. Yes, only that much. Which makes sense taking into account what is on record about the "homo sapien sapien".
There's no valid scientific basis for that. One very easy way that we can prove the universe is older than that (and therefore, disprove the estimated date of Biblical creation) is by looking up into the stars.

As you may know, a light-year is the distance that light travels in a year, which is 9,460,730,472,580.8 km per year.

The furthest object that we can see in the universe is over 13 billion light-years away from us, meaning that it took over 13 billion years for the very light of the object to reach us. The light took so long to reach us, that the object it represents is probably no longer where we see it to be.

Also, keep in mind, that by looking up into space, we can actually see and observe new stars and new galaxies being created in the far reaches of space, in the same way that our galaxy and our sun were created.

Our very earth itself is only dated to be around 4.54 billion years old, and homo sapiens to be a mere 200,000 years old. We know these facts through studies of molecular biology and our own tangible and accurate dating systems.

Although 200,000 years is much longer than 6000, it still isn't much. Our entire human history is only a short stint in the grand scheme of things. In no way have we been around since the beginning of time.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 11:39:18 am »
fluffymoochicken, you misunderstood basically everything I said..

I talked about the Big Bang to explain why I believe in God, as I stated earlier.

Also, I did NEVER say that the universe is just 6000 years old. I said that according to the bible, HUMANS are 6000 years old. This is coherent with the records of our civilizations, which scientists calculate to have started 6000-10000 years ago.
I also didn't discard the idea of animals evolving. I just said why I think HUMANS did not.

On another comment, I would hardly call our dating systems accurate.

And again, I do not wish to disrupt the main topic here.. Anything else PM me ;)
SEG4GES

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2010, 07:27:42 pm »
I talked about the Big Bang to explain why I believe in God, as I stated earlier.
So the Big Bang is too outlandish, but an invisible magic man is backed by concrete proof? :P Well, I guess the latter is easier to understand since it is a simple idea formulated in more primitive times, before we had better scientific understanding of the universe.

Also, I did NEVER say that the universe is just 6000 years old. I said that according to the bible, HUMANS are 6000 years old. This is coherent with the records of our civilizations, which scientists calculate to have started 6000-10000 years ago.
I also didn't discard the idea of animals evolving. I just said why I think HUMANS did not.
We homo sapiens have been around longer than 6000 years, because we can find archaeological evidence that proves that we have. We did evolve, like every other living thing on the planet did.

On another comment, I would hardly call our dating systems accurate.
Oh yeah? Where's your proof? :P Until you can give me some credible information, I'll listen to scientists who do have credibility on their side, thanks.

And again, I do not wish to disrupt the main topic here.. Anything else PM me ;)
Meh, without this conversation the topic would probably die anyway. =P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:06:05 pm by fluffymoochicken »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 08:08:14 pm »
Fluffy, I am not religious, nor am I a mod, but I would really recommend you either vastly change your previous post or delete it altogether as I think you have gone way too far here.

Opinions are like assholes, but there is no reason to be an asshole about your opinion, especially considering this is a topic countless people have slaughtered others over.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2010, 08:22:54 pm »
Hmmm... well, if you think I've gone too far, then that's saying something. :P

Okay, I'll fix'er upper.