Author Topic: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"  (Read 166060 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2021, 02:01:26 am »
I don't know if the Game Gear version counts though given it was based on the anime than directly on the games. The anime portrait characters rather differently than the games so I can't really regard the anime "canon" to the games, no more than I regard AoSTH or SatAM canon to Sonic games.

For example in the original Virtua Fighter games, Akira Yuki is suppose to be this serious, no-nonsense martial arts master who take his training very seriously. While he is friends with other fighters (at least, I presume they're friends. Sega All-Stars Racing is the only hint I have that Yuki and Jacky are at least friends.)

In the anime, while Akira Yuki is a travelling martial artist, he's somewhat of a goof. His personality reminds me a bit of Goku from DragonBall Z. The sort who does take his training seriously but will eat a lot of food but still a powerful fighter despite not behaving like one.

I know it's not canon.
What I meant is the story mode, if they can do it for its 8 Bit version, why not in the modern version.
It doesn't have to be cinematic story like Marvel vs Capcom Infinite or Street Fighter V.
Just a pic of character (with different emotion of course) and background, completed with text and voice acting.
Blazblue, Project X Zone 1-2, DBFC, and Idola Phantasy Star Saga could have interesting story mode with just those.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2021, 05:37:56 am »
That would be interesting. Question is would Sega ever do it?

I myself have story ideas for Fighting Vipers. That is if I ever make a fan remake of it. Unity is a hassle.

Offline Berto

« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2021, 08:00:56 pm »
That would be interesting. Question is would Sega ever do it?

I myself have story ideas for Fighting Vipers. That is if I ever make a fan remake of it. Unity is a hassle.

3D fighting game would take a lot of time to make.
The only FV fangame I ever know is M.U.G.E.N. version and it's 2D :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXwZyPUExIk

Offline Berto

« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2021, 08:01:34 pm »
SEGA of America, Inc. Would Publish NA version of "The King Of Fighters XIV: Ultimate Edition" for PS4
Europe Version Would be Published by Deep Silver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l81DPSY1e4Y

First released in 2016, THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV returns with a special ULTIMATE EDITION!
This version contains ALL Character and costume DLC, so get ready and play through a roster of 58 fan-favorite SNK characters--the biggest in any KOF game ever!
This is the true final chapter before THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV begins.
Release date : North America region January 20th, 2021 (Digital Ver.)
Europe region January 7th, 2021 (Digital Ver.) / This Spring (Physical Ver.)

Link : https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2611-CUSA05533_00-KOF14UE0000000NA

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2021, 03:44:25 pm »
3D fighting game would take a lot of time to make.
The only FV fangame I ever know is M.U.G.E.N. version and it's 2D :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXwZyPUExIk
I wish I can make a Fighting VIpers fan game. I have a story and vision in mind.
I would make the game look like it belongs in an 80s movie, A Miami urbanpunk-genre movie. Even go as far as a VHS-filter over the games camera.
The story in mind is while the fighting tournament is a government event forwarded by the mayor of Armstone city, it is actually a front to peddle a new drug called "kobra". The drug is called that because it uses a cocktail of snake venom and steroids and is delivered in a double-needle syringe. When administered it gives the user a rush of addrenelin and strength allowing them to be more efficient fighters, even if it's temporarily.The fighters are divided into two sides of the tournament. the Kobras who want to use the drug to win and the Vipers who wish to parttake in the tournament for their own reasons without the need of drugs.

Offline Berto

« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2021, 01:15:15 am »
I wish I can make a Fighting VIpers fan game. I have a story and vision in mind.
I would make the game look like it belongs in an 80s movie, A Miami urbanpunk-genre movie. Even go as far as a VHS-filter over the games camera.
The story in mind is while the fighting tournament is a government event forwarded by the mayor of Armstone city, it is actually a front to peddle a new drug called "kobra". The drug is called that because it uses a cocktail of snake venom and steroids and is delivered in a double-needle syringe. When administered it gives the user a rush of addrenelin and strength allowing them to be more efficient fighters, even if it's temporarily.The fighters are divided into two sides of the tournament. the Kobras who want to use the drug to win and the Vipers who wish to parttake in the tournament for their own reasons without the need of drugs.

That is a cool story concept.
And Kobra is also a fitting name to the snake based game title.
But if there are two sides of the tournament, wouldn't it make they can't fight their own group?

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2021, 08:33:45 am »
That is a cool story concept.
And Kobra is also a fitting name to the snake based game title.
But if there are two sides of the tournament, wouldn't it make they can't fight their own group?
Well, in most fighting games you can pit friend against friend. And sometimes in stories one guy encounters another, don't like the cut of their jib, fight it out and become friends afterwards so there's that.

Kobra users in mind are Jane who is perhaps strong without the drug, but took it anyway during her application for the Marines and was disgraced for it. Raxel who is a wannabe punk rockstar. And as we all know, or more "who knows", what they put in themselves on a weekly basis. Tokio is perhaps a "maybe". He left his family of Kabuki actors to join a criminal gang and eventually became the leader, so being crime and all drugs maybe involved. Mahler, who is the one who created the drug and is using the tournament as a front to peddle it. Charlie is a maybe who perhaps mostly uses it to enhance his BMX skills, and takes up fighting in the tournament to proove his skills.

Tokio and Charlie are the sorts I can imagine eventually switching sides. Tokio was leader of the criminal gang Black Thunder but quit when one of the members died, so maybe he has some morality over what he's doing as a criminal and may not like what kobra is doing for others. Charlie has a rivalry with Picky, I dunno how aggressive that rivalry is. But he was raised by his sister at the church so either he will realise taking kobra is wrong, or maybe he'll never do that stuff to begin with.

Probably other fighters that can be on the Kobras but I don't know which ones. But I figure can be an equal number of Kobras and Vipers.

Offline Berto

« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2021, 01:45:30 am »
Well, in most fighting games you can pit friend against friend. And sometimes in stories one guy encounters another, don't like the cut of their jib, fight it out and become friends afterwards so there's that.

Kobra users in mind are Jane who is perhaps strong without the drug, but took it anyway during her application for the Marines and was disgraced for it. Raxel who is a wannabe punk rockstar. And as we all know, or more "who knows", what they put in themselves on a weekly basis. Tokio is perhaps a "maybe". He left his family of Kabuki actors to join a criminal gang and eventually became the leader, so being crime and all drugs maybe involved. Mahler, who is the one who created the drug and is using the tournament as a front to peddle it. Charlie is a maybe who perhaps mostly uses it to enhance his BMX skills, and takes up fighting in the tournament to proove his skills.

Tokio and Charlie are the sorts I can imagine eventually switching sides. Tokio was leader of the criminal gang Black Thunder but quit when one of the members died, so maybe he has some morality over what he's doing as a criminal and may not like what kobra is doing for others. Charlie has a rivalry with Picky, I dunno how aggressive that rivalry is. But he was raised by his sister at the church so either he will realise taking kobra is wrong, or maybe he'll never do that stuff to begin with.

Probably other fighters that can be on the Kobras but I don't know which ones. But I figure can be an equal number of Kobras and Vipers.

That's interesting story idea.
I though I kinda think that this story is more fit in other SEGA game, Last Bronx, where it shows more 'crime and gang warfare' theme.
Also I think Mahler is more interesting villain to explore than Tokio though, Tokio's kind remind me of Streets of Rage's Shiva.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2021, 08:19:03 am »
That's interesting story idea.
I though I kinda think that this story is more fit in other SEGA game, Last Bronx, where it shows more 'crime and gang warfare' theme.
Also I think Mahler is more interesting villain to explore than Tokio though, Tokio's kind remind me of Streets of Rage's Shiva.
I pressume Last Bronx takes place in the borough of New York City. I'm not familiar with Last Bronx lore nor have I ever set foot in America to comprehend how big New York is. I know Fighting Vipers take place in the fictional metropolis of Armstrong City and that this tournament was permitted by the mayor. I can't help but imagine Armstrong City mayor looking like Mayor Mike Haggar.

My story idea is for Fighting Vipers in mind purely because the original games didn't have a story and just a backstory/excuse of a fighting tournament to go by. Plus 60s-80s American urbanpunk movies were in mind for the story.
Such as Miami Vice, The Warriors, Cyborg, Double Dragon film or practically any movie starring Kurt Russell. My main inspiration being the YouTube film Kung Fury which is a homage to all those movies. (YouTube Kung Fury sometime, it's awesome!)

A "Story Mode" for a modern fighting game can do wonders for it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 08:24:27 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2021, 06:52:46 pm »
I pressume Last Bronx takes place in the borough of New York City. I'm not familiar with Last Bronx lore nor have I ever set foot in America to comprehend how big New York is. I know Fighting Vipers take place in the fictional metropolis of Armstrong City and that this tournament was permitted by the mayor. I can't help but imagine Armstrong City mayor looking like Mayor Mike Haggar.

My story idea is for Fighting Vipers in mind purely because the original games didn't have a story and just a backstory/excuse of a fighting tournament to go by. Plus 60s-80s American urbanpunk movies were in mind for the story.
Such as Miami Vice, The Warriors, Cyborg, Double Dragon film or practically any movie starring Kurt Russell. My main inspiration being the YouTube film Kung Fury which is a homage to all those movies. (YouTube Kung Fury sometime, it's awesome!)

A "Story Mode" for a modern fighting game can do wonders for it.

Last Bronx took place in alternate version of Tokyo.
But since it's an alternate universe, there could be Armstrong City too there.

Yeah, I've watched Kung Fury. Cringe but it's entertaining.

Offline Berto

« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2021, 06:56:18 pm »
Mike Pollock's Comment on Eggman's Possibility as Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC Fighters

To all y'all asking if Dr. Eggman will be in SuperSmashBros:
If he will, I couldn't talk about it.
If he won't, I wouldn't want to.

Source : https://twitter.com/itsamike/status/1362073534546251778?s=20

Offline Berto

« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2021, 06:57:05 pm »
Xenoblade's Pyra And Mythra Are The Next Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC Fighters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCCo8BT1p84

Nintendo hasn't announced a release date for Pyra/Mythra, but the fighters are slated to join the Smash Bros. Ultimate roster sometime in March.
The pair are included as part of the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 or can be purchased individually.

Article : https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xenoblades-pyra-and-mythra-are-the-next-smash-bros-ultimate-dlc-fighters/1100-6487645/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2021, 10:04:00 am »
I never played Xenoblade so when I first saw that video I thought "Someone should tell that lady her hair is on fire."

As for Dr. Eggman in Smash Bros, I would like to see that. I can imagine him taking the stage in the EGG-HVC-001 and has a quick-switch ability to allow him to change into diffrent mechs needed for his moveset. Like maybe the Egg Mobile-D used in similar way Wario's bike is used.

I can't really imagine Dr. Eggman joining Smash bare-knuckle like Sonic. I imagine like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings he will be reliant on his vehicle than himself.
I would also hope it be a two-for-one release. Dr. Eggman as a newcomer original fighter and Metal Sonic as an echo to Sonic.

Offline Berto

« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2021, 10:35:48 pm »
I never played Xenoblade so when I first saw that video I thought "Someone should tell that lady her hair is on fire."

As for Dr. Eggman in Smash Bros, I would like to see that. I can imagine him taking the stage in the EGG-HVC-001 and has a quick-switch ability to allow him to change into diffrent mechs needed for his moveset. Like maybe the Egg Mobile-D used in similar way Wario's bike is used.

I can't really imagine Dr. Eggman joining Smash bare-knuckle like Sonic. I imagine like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings he will be reliant on his vehicle than himself.
I would also hope it be a two-for-one release. Dr. Eggman as a newcomer original fighter and Metal Sonic as an echo to Sonic.

Now that you said it, it's true.
Bowser Jr should be Bowser's son, yet he's using a vehicle that resemble Eggman's.
If Eggman using his usual vehicle, it will feel to similar to Bowser Jr.
EGG-HVC-001 with a quick-switch ability would be more interesting.

Offline Berto

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2021, 10:46:32 pm »
Censored costume on SSBU :