Author Topic: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"  (Read 166241 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2021, 10:47:42 pm »
Eternal Champion was Released on JP Mega Drive 27 Years Ago Today!!!

Sega of America took great pride in Eternal Champions, with the game selling very well in Western territories and being re-released under the Mega Hit Series, Classic Mega Drive and Sega Platinum Collection ranges, amongst much spin-off merchandise.
However, the game was never fully adopted by Sega of Japan, who preferred to concentrate efforts on the Virtua Fighter series (and later products such as Fighting Vipers and Last Bronx).
As such, Eternal Champions was sidelined after Sega's US operations were downsized during the late-1990s and is unlikely to make a return in the foreseeable future.

Link : https://segaretro.org/Eternal_Champions
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 11:23:11 pm by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2021, 07:24:57 am »
Now that you said it, it's true.
Bowser Jr should be Bowser's son, yet he's using a vehicle that resemble Eggman's.
If Eggman using his usual vehicle, it will feel to similar to Bowser Jr.
EGG-HVC-001 with a quick-switch ability would be more interesting.
I like to believe that Sakurai regards Smash Bros. games as an "ecosystem" and that his choice of characters and movesets for each character is to not upset that ecosystem by having characters too powerful or weak, make other characters too powerful or weak, how the pick-up items work etc. That said probably the reason why Bowser Jr. is in the clown car and not fighting like his dad is probably because with the clown car he has a moveset that best fits him in the Smash Bros. ecosystem. Not only that but it allows the Koopalings to be echo fighters on behalf of Bowser Jr.

Dr. Eggman for Smash Bros.
That said I'm not saying that Dr. Eggman's default vehicle should be the Egg-mobile while fighting and move around like Bowser Jr., my suggestion is the EGG-HVC-001 be his default combat mech. The EGG-HVC-001 could be modified to be more agile and throw standard punches and kicks. Think of it like the E-Mech but it's likely most are more familiar with the HVC than the E-Mech. The HVC can also come in a variety of colours such as default red, Good Future purple... those are the only ones I can think of.

I also suggest that Dr. Eggman will have a "quick switch" ability to be able to switch to various mechs from past games to best fit a moveset that can fit in the Smash Bros. ecosystem.
For example, I can imagine the Eggmobile-D be used as a side-special where Eggman drives along the stage terrain, has a launchable drill and once 18HP of damage is sustain will break apart and revert back to the HVC.
While the HVC could probably perform regular jumps, Eggman could perhaps have limited flight which would temporarily disable the HVC for default Eggmobile. And while up above can perhaps use Fire dropper and/or the Spike dropper for aerial moves, where Eggman can drop hazards down to the stage. Fireballs will create a small area of fire damage or the spike balls be regarded as hazardous objects, perhaps with physics.
As for standard aerial attacks, I don't really know. Maybe the use of Hammer, Big Arm or Egg Hornet for standard aerial combat.

As for Final Smash... Wrecking ball! The ball will automatically swing but the player can move Eggman left and right to apply more momentum to the pendulum.

Just saying Dr. Eggman would have a more versitile moveset for Smash Bros. if he brings his tech along.

Metal Sonic for Smash Bros.
This is more easy. Simply an echo fighter for Sonic the Hedgehog. Super Sonic can simply be replaced with the V. Maximum Overdrive Attack but still functions the same way. Metal Sonic may have different run animations due to him mostly using his jet than legs to move about but introducing Metal Sonic along with Dr. Eggman would keep in theme with him.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 09:35:13 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2021, 07:59:01 pm »
I like to believe that Sakurai regards Smash Bros. games as an "ecosystem" and that his choice of characters and movesets for each character is to not upset that ecosystem by having characters too powerful or weak, make other characters too powerful or weak, how the pick-up items work etc. That said probably the reason why Bowser Jr. is in the clown car and not fighting like his dad is probably because with the clown car he has a moveset that best fits him in the Smash Bros. ecosystem. Not only that but it allows the Koopalings to be echo fighters on behalf of Bowser Jr.

Dr. Eggman for Smash Bros.
That said I'm not saying that Dr. Eggman's default vehicle should be the Egg-mobile while fighting and move around like Bowser Jr., my suggestion is the EGG-HVC-001 be his default combat mech. The EGG-HVC-001 could be modified to be more agile and throw standard punches and kicks. Think of it like the E-Mech but it's likely most are more familiar with the HVC than the E-Mech. The HVC can also come in a variety of colours such as default red, Good Future purple... those are the only ones I can think of.

I also suggest that Dr. Eggman will have a "quick switch" ability to be able to switch to various mechs from past games to best fit a moveset that can fit in the Smash Bros. ecosystem.
For example, I can imagine the Eggmobile-D be used as a side-special where Eggman drives along the stage terrain, has a launchable drill and once 18HP of damage is sustain will break apart and revert back to the HVC.
While the HVC could probably perform regular jumps, Eggman could perhaps have limited flight which would temporarily disable the HVC for default Eggmobile. And while up above can perhaps use Fire dropper and/or the Spike dropper for aerial moves, where Eggman can drop hazards down to the stage. Fireballs will create a small area of fire damage or the spike balls be regarded as hazardous objects, perhaps with physics.
As for standard aerial attacks, I don't really know. Maybe the use of Hammer, Big Arm or Egg Hornet for standard aerial combat.

As for Final Smash... Wrecking ball! The ball will automatically swing but the player can move Eggman left and right to apply more momentum to the pendulum.

Just saying Dr. Eggman would have a more versitile moveset for Smash Bros. if he brings his tech along.

Metal Sonic for Smash Bros.
This is more easy. Simply an echo fighter for Sonic the Hedgehog. Super Sonic can simply be replaced with the V. Maximum Overdrive Attack but still functions the same way. Metal Sonic may have different run animations due to him mostly using his jet than legs to move about but introducing Metal Sonic along with Dr. Eggman would keep in theme with him.

Cool concept. I would love that wrecking ball as final smash.
Eggman's Wrecking Ball is such iconic thing.  ;-D

Offline Berto

« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2021, 07:59:50 pm »
Take On The World's Most Elite Fighting Champions

Virtua Fighter 5 for PS3 was released on this day in North America, 14 years ago (2007)
The original arcade version of Virtua Fighter 5 was a debut title for the Sega Lindbergh arcade system board, along with The House of the Dead 4, also released in 2005.

Source : https://twitter.com/OnThisDayGaming/status/1363287725605027841?s=20

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2021, 06:02:19 am »
Did you know Sega AM2 also obtained development the rights to Dead or Alive?

I hope Virtua Fighter won't go the same way Columns did when Sega got rights to Puyo Puyo.

Offline Berto

« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2021, 08:59:10 am »
Did you know Sega AM2 also obtained development the rights to Dead or Alive?

I hope Virtua Fighter won't go the same way Columns did when Sega got rights to Puyo Puyo.

That was back then when Tecmo was still using SEGA's hardware (Model 2 and Naomi) for DOA 1-2.
After the merger of Koei and Tecmo, Dead or Alive franchise is belong Koei Tecmo Holdings Co., Ltd.
Still it's nice to SEGA lent them Akira, Pai, and Sarah for DOA5.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 09:06:41 am by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2021, 05:06:35 pm »
Ah that's good. While DoA is alright I don't really see it as Sega's "style" so to speak.

Offline Berto

« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2021, 09:39:25 pm »
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition - Open Beta Test

The Rollback Open Beta for Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax: Ignition is now live.
Check out the link below for more information and how operate.

Link : https://t.co/T4iKqDSBB9

Offline Berto

« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2021, 11:21:26 pm »
Not Getting Older, Just Becoming Classic

At a starbucks a barista commented that she liked my shirt,
I said I couldn't believe she recognized Virtua Fighter 4.
And she replied. "Yeah my Dad used to love playing that game!"

Source : https://twitter.com/DoomAssistMe/status/1364360688257273858
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 11:25:43 pm by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2021, 08:26:07 pm »
You Never Get a Second Chance To Make A First Impression
Comic by Wooden Plank Studios

Offline Berto

« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2021, 08:28:00 pm »
Guilty Gear -Strive- ALL.Net P-ras MULTI Version 3 (JP) for arcade
Developed by Arc System Works and published by SEGA of Japan

Guilty Gear -STRIVE- is an upcoming game in the Guilty Gear series that was announced at Evo 2019. It will be the seventh mainline installment and overall its twenty-fourth release.
The game is expected to release for PS4, PS5 and Steam sometime in early April 2021, whereas the arcade version will be distributed via Sega Interactive's ALL.Net P-ras MULTI Version 3.

Link : https://www.guiltygear.com/ggst/en/

Offline Berto

« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2021, 05:54:41 pm »
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Creator, Juro Watari, leaves SEGA

As for the future of the Cyber Troopers Virtual-On series, Watari-san said,
“I imagine many of you may be worried about, ‘What happens to Virtual-On?’
While I’m sorry to say that I don’t have an answer for you right now, if there are any developments at SEGA in the future, I would like to watch with anticipation how it plays out alongside everyone.”

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/02/28/cyber-troopers-virtual-on-creator-juro-watari-leaves-sega/

Offline Berto

« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2021, 12:01:41 am »
Eternal Champions Artwork by The Jiggeh

Source : https://twitter.com/TheJiggeh/status/1366097150254469120

Offline Berto

« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2021, 10:19:50 pm »
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Version 11.0.0 Update Is Arriving Soon

This will likely time in with the release of the new DLC fighters Pyra and Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
The date of their arrival will be revealed during tomorrow's presentation hosted by game's director Masahiro Sakurai.

Link : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/03/super_smash_bros_ultimate_version_11_0_0_is_arriving_soon

Offline Berto

« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2021, 12:13:36 am »