Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183496 times)

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« on: July 15, 2015, 07:56:03 am »
I'm a Native American. Which candidate are most Native Americans going to support?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 11:43:39 am »
I support the Abstention guy, he always gets a load of votes.
SEG4GES

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 11:52:59 am »
Define Native American.

Given the climate of today's issues I'm not honestly sure if I'm thinking of the same Native Americans others are.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 08:38:31 pm »
Native Americans consist of many distinct tribes, bands and ethnic groups, some of which survive as intact, sovereign nations. Mostly found in the United States. I think most tribes are split on political views though. Maybe I should just join a tribe and find out. I also should have asked on a website like answerbag. I was in a hurry when I asked though. Hopefully, this thread will not create controversy. I just can't seem to find out who I want to vote for. I definitely don't want it to be a Clinton vs Bush thing though. What's the guys name who is of India Indian decent that's running?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 08:45:13 pm »
'a member of any of the indigenous peoples of the Americas.'

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 09:19:52 pm »
I wanted to be clear, because as I stated given the current political climate I wanted to make sure we were speaking of the actual Native American tribes and not super ultra nationalistic macho folk parading about.

As to the candidate, do your research and vote for the one who represents your wishes best, not whom the majority of your sect will vote for.

And I believe the answer to your other question is Bobby Jindal of Lousiana is the "India Indian". Born here in the US as a Hindu but later convereted to Roman Catholicism.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:23:27 pm by JRcade19 »

Offline RONMAN321

• Total Meseta: 1
    • Stream
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 12:55:54 pm »
They will probably rig the whole thing up to be Bush vs Hillary vs Trump.
That Trump guy probably drops out of becoming a Republican and runs independant steering away peoples votes and then Hillary wins, then we are all screwed.

The good guys are Rand Paul or Ben Carson, because they actually mention REAL policies that they want to work on.... everyone else only talks about themselves and their status of being rich that doesnt help the average American.... but as you know mainstream only covers the wealthy political status big namers, kinda sickening really. Hopefully people in 2016 will wake up to that.

Who knows.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 05:47:00 pm »
My money's on either Rubio, Cruz or Fiorina. I'm rooting for all of three of 'em.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 01:41:03 pm »
I guess pcm92 could be making money from welfare if he or she is actually Native American. Wouldn't that mean you would also be Democratic? I'm sure that could have upset you to hear Bobby Jindal is a Republican. Would it be offensive if I asked "If a Republican wins, would you go into another Ghost Dance War"? Nothing against Native Americans. Just asking. If I seemed to offensive, I am willing to smoke a peace pipe with you.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 03:21:14 pm »
I guess pcm92 could be making money from welfare if he or she is actually Native American. Wouldn't that mean you would also be Democratic? I'm sure that could have upset you to hear Bobby Jindal is a Republican. Would it be offensive if I asked "If a Republican wins, would you go into another Ghost Dance War"? Nothing against Native Americans. Just asking. If I seemed to offensive, I am willing to smoke a peace pipe with you.

Ghost dance war?
Peace pipe?

Do you really have to stereotype Native Americans like that? No. I'm not on welfare. I'm not even completely Native American. Only half. I guess it depends on there tribe if we are Democratic or Republican. There were many tribes before the United States began. I consider myself an independent. Definitely can't say that I support Hillary Clinton.

Offline Spock

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 08:17:57 pm »
Just asking. You're right the Democratic/Republican thing depends on the tribe. What tribe would you say that your family tree has in it?

Offline pcm92

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 10:41:56 am »
Chickasaw, so I guess that means Republican. That must mean you were wrong about me being Democratic. This concludes that I CAN vote for Bobby Jindal.

Offline Spock

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 11:56:21 am »
You can vote for whoever you want. I'm not stopping you. Bobby Jindal doesn't really have much of a chance in winning though. Donald Trump will probably be the winner. Not sure if that's good or bad. I guess we'll see...

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 12:27:32 pm »
Is Deez Nutz still on the run?
SEG4GES

Offline Spock

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 03:46:25 pm »
Is Deez Nutz still on the run?
You can always write-in a person that's not on the list. I just hope no one is planning to actually vote for the Democratic cat. Yeah. That's right. A feline is literally running as a Democrat. This upcoming election is THAT pathetic.