Author Topic: Amusements For All !!! - JOYPOLIS, SEGA Amusement, Arcade Centers, etc Thread  (Read 49673 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Is there still any Sega Mega Drive game that you wanted to play?
That's made by SEGA of course, not by third party like Earthworm Jim, Mortal Kombat, or Street Fighter II?
Rent-a-Hero is one of them.
But not just Mega Drive games. I wish Master System, Sega Saturn games were available as well.
Would also be nice if more Dreamcast exclusives were re-released as well. I got a hankering for BlueStinger of late. I had it a long time a go but I never finished it nor do I have it any more.
Arcade games rarely have online play.
Beating strangers eyes to eyes are what makes it fun.
Online function in Arcade usually just to keep your highest scores, characters collected, save point, or customized characters you've made.
I guess.... it's just what can I do if I can't go to the arcade games? Next best thing is if they come to us.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Rent-a-Hero is one of them.
But not just Mega Drive games. I wish Master System, Sega Saturn games were available as well.
Would also be nice if more Dreamcast exclusives were re-released as well. I got a hankering for BlueStinger of late. I had it a long time a go but I never finished it nor do I have it any more.

At least for Master System games, there are already 12 of them on PC and modern consoles.
You can play them on Lost Judgment.

12 SEGA Master System games playable in Lost Judgment !

Which of these classic gems will you dive into first?

1. Alex Kidd in Miracle World
2. Fantasy Zone
3. Penguin Land
4. Quartet
5. Enduro Racer
6. Woody Pop
7. Maze Hunter 3-D
8. Secret Command
9: Fantasy Zone II Opaopa's Tears
10: Alien Syndrome
11: SDI
12: Darius II

Source : https://sega.jp/topics/210903_4/

I guess.... it's just what can I do if I can't go to the arcade games? Next best thing is if they come to us.

That will remove the uniques of the arcade gaming.

Offline Mystic Monkey

That will remove the uniques of the arcade gaming.
Way I see it I want to play these games but I just can't go to arcades to play them. So why deny me the right to play them just because not playing them in an arcade "removes the uniqueness of the arcade game?"
That's like saying "No Timmy, you can't play basketball because you can't use your legs."

Offline Berto

Way I see it I want to play these games but I just can't go to arcades to play them. So why deny me the right to play them just because not playing them in an arcade "removes the uniqueness of the arcade game?"
That's like saying "No Timmy, you can't play basketball because you can't use your legs."

Timmy still has to go to basketball court to play the game.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Timmy still has to go to basketball court to play the game.
The court has nothing to do with my metaphor!

Offline Berto

The court has nothing to do with my metaphor!

But it is... The court = Arcade center !

Offline Berto

VR Agent - 2023 Trailer | Sega Amusements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chmycRZ5D5A

The VR aiming controller is a true innovation, as the VR headset is fused to the gun controller, thus ushering an evolution in VR gaming, and making it viable for arcades or FEC’s. The controller lowers instantly allowing the player to quickly get into the action and is lifted at the end, hence significantly increasing throughput and efficiency.

VR Agent takes the classic arcade shooting experience to the next level. The Player’s mission is to take down enemies using a range of weapons and defeat the enemy mastermind. Players can deploy into four missions, each with increasing difficulty levels and finally unlock the boss level. The gameplay is easy to grasp but hard to master so the game continue feature not only encourages instant repeat-play but also lets players master their marksmanship skills.

The cabinet looks stunning with LED-lit edge lighting and a fully lit header. The large two 50” vertical screens encourages spectators to watch the action while players enjoy the immersive VR experience.

Find out more here: https://segaarcade.com/game/vr-agent

Offline Mystic Monkey

But it is... The court = Arcade center !

My point is, I and I bet others can't simply pop over to such arcades with ease. That having the arcade games at home is the only way to some. I can't help it.

Offline Berto

My point is, I and I bet others can't simply pop over to such arcades with ease. That having the arcade games at home is the only way to some. I can't help it.

At least there are other alternative to play games now :
mobile phones, consoles, PC.
There are also more games in them than in arcade.

Funny thing is when I was a kid I went to arcade at first because my family couldn't afford gaming console and their cartridge games.
They feel so expensive back then.
And then my father bought IBM PC XT computer for work which could play games.
The monitor graphic was CGA and monochrome (black and white) but it was one of beautiful thing we ever had at home.
That was my first gaming machine at home.

I stopped going to arcade after that, at least until the gorgeous Street Fighter II came to arcade.
The game was a big thing back then, ever kids (boys) in school talk about it.

Offline Berto

Another Sega Arcade Bites The Dust In Japan
Hi-Tech Land Sega Nishinakajima will close in May 2023

Japan's arcades have had a tough time of late, with many closing down amid declining revenue and the continued fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sadly, we bring the news that yet another Japanese amusement centre is closing its doors; this time, it's Hi-Tech Land Sega Nishinakajima.
It officially closes its doors on ...

Article : https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/03/another-sega-arcade-bites-the-dust-in-japan

Offline Berto

TAITO's Classic Arcade Games will Also Show Up in 404 GAME RE:SET

Taito has decided to participate on Anthropomorphic SEGA's new title "404 GAME RE:SET"
The first one is Arkanoid.
It's planned to be released and distributed from April.

Source : https://twitter.com/TAITO/status/1640609982340276228

Offline Berto

Who didn’t want to be as cool as the Fonz from the hit TV sitcom “Happy Days”?

SEGA’s 1976 game of the same name had you controlling the iconic TV character on his motorcycle.
Too bad you couldn’t “jump the shark” in this game! 🦈

Source : https://twitter.com/SEGAForever/status/1640038654071521281

Offline Mystic Monkey

At least there are other alternative to play games now :
mobile phones, consoles, PC.
There are also more games in them than in arcade.

Funny thing is when I was a kid I went to arcade at first because my family couldn't afford gaming console and their cartridge games.
They feel so expensive back then.
And then my father bought IBM PC XT computer for work which could play games.
The monitor graphic was CGA and monochrome (black and white) but it was one of beautiful thing we ever had at home.
That was my first gaming machine at home.

I stopped going to arcade after that, at least until the gorgeous Street Fighter II came to arcade.
The game was a big thing back then, ever kids (boys) in school talk about it.
The arcades I'm familiar with in UK are really just cheap gambling venues. As in there's dozens and dozens of slot machines, penny drops and crane games... and tucked in the back are around two or three arcade games from 2000-2010 or so.

Another Sega Arcade Bites The Dust In Japan
Hi-Tech Land Sega Nishinakajima will close in May 2023

Article : https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/03/another-sega-arcade-bites-the-dust-in-japan
Aw shit.

Offline Berto

The arcades I'm familiar with in UK are really just cheap gambling venues. As in there's dozens and dozens of slot machines, penny drops and crane games... and tucked in the back are around two or three arcade games from 2000-2010 or so.
Aw shit.

I guess I got to thank my government for banning any form of gambling machines in my country so our arcade centers only have video games and crane games.

Offline Berto

The History of Power Drift - arcade console documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPOGhEpwgQs